• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Cornbread78

GAF GOLD NEWB RAID:

Sunday, 10/15 "NOOB" Raid *Full*

Starts at 7:00pm bst sharp. (NA Folks: 2pm EST/11am PST)

Sherpas:
Talos_Ai
JJShadow

Newbs:
- ThatGuyFern
- Samphire
- Sengar
- Keltin99

These guys will be patient and explain everything. Just come eager to learn, ready to listen and clamoring to shoot aliens with guns and aliens with duel blades as well as shooting arrows and lanterns and all sorts of stuff that needs to get shot..

*Warning, some dogs will die in the progress of the raid.

updated

Add me for Sunday.
PSN is Mazzbags, I am currently 275 Titan.

Put me down for Sunday if there's still room. PSN is Dark1421.

The raid is full guys, but do not fret, I am working on a 2nd Sherpa pair to lead you guys to the promise land, so stay tuned!

With that being said, DGAF Community

Do we have 2 other Sherpas available in the community to lead the two below and maybe 2 more NEWBS

Sherpas:
-
-

Newbs:
- Mazzbags
- Dark1421
- Hugstable
-

I really want to try a raid guided game. Tried to do it on the weekend, but I was waiting almost an hour and Destiny kicked me for inactivity.....

GAF GOLD NEWB RAID:

If you have one of these on the est side for the evening, I can help out.

My clan usually does the noobie thing on the weekends since Weteha and my timezones.

Cornbread78

I really want to try a raid guided game. Tried to do it on the weekend, but I was waiting almost an hour and Destiny kicked me for inactivity.....

If you have one of these on the est side for the evening, I can help out.

My clan usually does the noobie thing on the weekends since Weteha and my timezones.

Can you Sherpa that 2nd Sunday group?

That fits EU and NA

If not, I've got some requests for a late Sat, raid (10pm est to accommodate est/pst)

CLBridges

Last night I decided to start completing all the Adventures that I skipped over. Started on Titan and ended up doing all the ones available, very enjoyable. Even had an exotic engram drop after completing one of them. Next up is Io, then Nessus and saving Edz for last because there's a bunch there.

Also, I really hope Titan is expanded as D2 rolls along. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite areas to just fool about. The Arcology, Solarium, these areas are really fascinating to me. Guess I just like the design and wish they'd put a public event in that big open area.

For all my small complaints about the game, the appeal is undeniable. Sometimes I just log in to just shoot aliens and zone out.

Can you Sherpa that 2nd Sunday group?

That fits EU and NA

If not, I've got some requests for a late Sat, raid (10pm est to accommodate est/pst)

I can probably do the 10pm thing on Saturday. Not too sure about my schedule on Sunday.

v1perz53

It boggles my mind that in 2017 people still don't know how to play a capture and hold mode in a video game.

With how Control works in Destiny 2 (don't have to go to neutral to cap a point, 4v4) it is actually usually a bad idea to try to hold points. If you are defending points with 2, a team of 4 will wipe you every time. You're better off just moving to an enemy point, capping it, and moving on and winning your engagements in between. I always lose games when my teammates try to "hold the point", but win ~70% of the time when we just move on after capping. Defending a point only has downsides, in that your opponents know exactly where you are.

Except on the Calus map, fuck that map. Terribly balanced, hold A and B ignore C or you lose.

neoism

Or zero tokens. For me i have to win a game to get 5, losing gives nothing. I will just leave the match now if we are losing by 10 points or so.

you get 2 on a loss with a killer track ghost for me i get 2 on a loss

i have 10% xp in pvp and chance to obtain additonal faction tokens

Theorry

Opened 7 IB packages. All weapons. With two times, fusion rifle, two times sidearm and two times submachine gun. Really have the feeling they screw you over on purpose to keep you playing.

Opened 7 IB packages. All weapons. With two times, fusion rifle, two times sidearm and two times submachine gun. Really have the feeling they screw you over on purpose to keep you playing.

Yep. I've ranked up the Arcology what feels like thousands of times looking for the Titan arms. I always had duplicates of every other items drop. Hell, one time I had 4 in a row of the exact same drops.

Is there any semblance of non-random matchmaking to the crucible? Every single game someone wins by 30+ points.

I’m super average at this. Can I not play guys with 5+ efficiency ratings every match?

Detective

This token system is really really annoying.
Lvl up on Iron Banner only to receive items I’ve gotten from the gunsmith and the like since the game launched. Fucking Joke.

Deku Tree

Is there any semblance of non-random matchmaking to the crucible? Every single game someone wins by 30+ points.

I’m super average at this. Can I not play guys with 5+ efficiency ratings every match?

I wish my games were like that... most of my matches are super sweaty and shaxx yells "these teams are evenly matched" the whole time and the win or loss comes down to who gets the last few kills at the buzzer.

Ahhh, how I remember the days when any player could go to a vendor/faction and buy exactly what they want regarding armor/weapon types.

I remember the days when vendors/factions had weekly rotating static-perk armor/weapons for anyone to go buy what they wanted regarding armor/weapon types with those mythical things called Legendary Marks..

I remember the days when players could chase rolls on weapons because they liked to do so.

Interesting why this can't all work at the same time as it did before, interesting indeed.

I wish my games were like that... most of my matches are super sweaty and shaxx yells "these teams are evenly matched" the whole time and the win or loss comes down to who gets the last few kills at the buzzer.
The Crucible is suuuuuuper ‘fun’ when playing solo. I ‘love’ it so much.

Just looking for advice, you guys think it is safe to dismantle one of the 9 Bad News hand cannons in my vault as I could really use the extra 3 Legendary Shards?

Raven117

I see this misguided logic applied often, look at all the people yelling, surely indicative of a massive failure! If they don't correct x, they'll be sorry, just look at all the people complaining about it.

Quoted, as always, for truth....Lots of words to simply say...."Will the middle of the bell curve of our player base enjoy and have fun with this game for the amount that average plays?" I think Bungie, delivered a great game for those players. And as you correctly pointed out, the people bitching about the lack of content are going to be gobbling up the DLC day one. I know I will and I am happy to fork over the cash. Destiny is still a good entertainment hour per dollar.

However, one poster did, IMO, also nail the obsessive player sentiment, in a fresh way. It wasn't saying that Bungie "Effed Up" on their design decisions. I think they hit it out of the park with the way they saw the majority of people play the game. (My guess anyway....these guys with Activision backing don't guess with this stuff).

They said they wanted Destiny to be THEIR GAME...A game like Diablo 3, DotA, or what have you. While I don't think Bungie needs to reinvent the wheel on their game...I do hope they throw a few bones out there to let the obsessive players chew on. As they want something to chew.

MrDaravon

Already feeling like I'm kinda done with the game. Hop on to do Flashpoints with my main character, get it done with only seeing people at one of the 5 (6?) Public Events. Get multiple Destiny Server errors. Then despite hating the PvP in this game I decide to give IB a go. It puts me with 3 single randoms against a squad of 4 in the same clan that all have IB emblems with like 10 wins on it who demolish us 2 to 1 teabagging the whole match. I think I'm done with Destiny 2 for a while.

As an aside they HAVE to do something to prioritize matching teams against other teams in Quickplay/IB. Matchmaking in Crucible solo is already a miserable experience, but consistently my experience has been me with 3 randoms against a team of 3 or 4. It sucks.

Kyne

As an aside they HAVE to do something to prioritize matching teams against other teams in Quickplay/IB. Matchmaking in Crucible solo is already a miserable experience, but consistently my experience has been me with 3 randoms against a team of 3 or 4. It sucks.

unfortunately given how things have been going that's probably not going to happen. The consensus around theses parts is that if you want to enjoy pvp in Destiny 2 you need to 'get good'.

kinda sucks, but what'cha gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
quit, probably.

MrDaravon

unfortunately given how things have been going that's probably not going to happen. The consensus around theses parts is that if you want to enjoy pvp in Destiny 2 you need to 'get good'.

kinda sucks, but what'cha gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
quit, probably.

I have a positive K/D, but I'm not nearly good enough to carry people :(

But yeah, that match single handedly broke me on the game for a while. I'll probably hop on if Xur is selling one of the few exotics I don't have, but I think I'm done until DLC barring any special events between now and then (maybe Festival of the Lost?). I managed to get over 300 on all 3 classes having never completed the Raid lol. Best of luck folks.

SgtCobra

I'm finding myself to be disappointed with how the Antiope-D performs in PvP. Yeah I guess it's partly my fault for falling for the hype but the recoil seems to be all over the place with this thing even with the counterbalance mod. I'm finding myself being outgunned by the Last Hope most of the time.

Am I missing something here?

100 tokens, zero armor on my Titan. I don't know how much more of this token bullshit I can handle. It's really killed my enjoyment of this game. Really wishing I didn't get the game + dlc pass combo right about now.

Sayad

Ran into the same Nightfall breaking glitch where enemies before the man cannons don't spawn three times tonight! Thanks Bungy! :\

GlamFM

Banned
100 tokens, zero armor on my Titan. I don't know how much more of this token bullshit I can handle. It's really killed my enjoyment of this game. Really wishing I didn't get the game + dlc pass combo right about now.

40 tokens - no armor. And I like it!

Once I get the full set it will feel awesome because of all the “work” I put into it.

I'm finding myself to be disappointed with how the Antiope-D performs in PvP. Yeah I guess it's partly my fault for falling for the hype but the recoil seems to be all over the place with this thing even with the counterbalance mod. I'm finding myself being outgunned by the Last Hope most of the time.

Am I missing something here?
The Showrunner best SMG in the game. Accept no substitutes.

Lakitu

st5fu
If anybody will be really kind and please help me with the Rat King Nightfall on PSN, please add me Cosmic_Onion

I really want to get it done -_- I've been waiting so long, but my usual Nightfall team always had someone with a really low power level.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wait, there isn't IB drops from the iron banner matches anymore? What the fuck man, I'm sick of collecting tokens in this fucking game. Fuck.

Have you seen our Thread Title for this Glorious 3rd Thread, it really rings true

Sorry for earlier Glam, floody, and name I'm forgetting, family drama and yelling/screaming was too much to ignore

Hugstable

Banned
lol this is probably the best I've ever done in a single round of any multiplayer game. I just went on a rampage for some reason, usually I just play ok >_<

FzZ46j5.jpg

Top Bottom