• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

How does the scuf give you an advantage in PvP? What do you bind to the paddles?

Just switch to Jumper controls and you'll feel the difference in movement and strafing. Don't need a controller or paddles for that. Especially not in Destiny 2 where movement has been gimped and there is no titan skating or hunter shadestep, which would benefit from paddle use.

Matush

Anybody willing to drag my 304 ass through Prestige Nightfall? My friends do not play that much so I don't stand a chance with them.

Kyne

bah i think im at 18 packages.

x3 chest pieces
x2 helms
x1 arms
x1 mark

the rest were guns, although I believe I have every type of gun.

Yam's

22 packages, still didn't get the gloves or the torso. IB really needs to drop gear after games to up the odds a bit. In its current state there's no reason to stay in a losing game if you don't have any challenge left to do. Better to leave and join another game you'll win.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp I'm finally done with my Guardians and their Dresstiny Fashionistas Program.

All 305, Stats where I want them, everything matches (color coordinated, with Ship, Sparrows, and Exotics)

Now I think I'll really relax (who am I kidding, I'll farm like a mad man usual!)

M6FtkeJ.jpg

hKWE0EK.jpg

HWrR2bt.jpg

Looking into the unknown!
CHJkTfQ.jpg

Also, Mercy where? and when?, like Goddamn Bungie!
6UkaRcl.jpg

Fourteen packages. Four teen. Not a single piece of Iron Banner gear. Why did I waste my time on this miserable event?

My condolences, have you heard the good word about Token farming... Oh Wait!

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Note that in that first one, I and at least one other teammate were just killed near that Heavy Ammo spot by the Striker Ttan Super standing over my body at the end. Also note that my teammates respawned safely on the other side of the map yet the game spawned me in the middle of three enemies at the place I just died with one of them still having an active super THAT I WAS JUST KILLED BY.

Also in that game I respawned at that heavy ammo as an enemy Titan was grabbing it and again at that same spot right in the line of sight of a Golden Gun from near B.

Wasn’t one of the changes to the Control game mode that multiple people capturing a point didn’t speed it up? That is clearly not the case in IB.

Is this not the grind some people wanted back?

That said, I am enjoying Iron Banner a lot more now.

No absolutely not. I'm fine with grind but the issue here is there is zero progression, or rewards worth anything when you get dupes.

There are 13 possible IB rewards (if using a single character). So if they removed dupes all together it could still take as many as 13 rank ups to get everything. Personally I would say if you receive an item twice, remove it from the possible loot table. That way it could still take as many as 25 rank ups, which is a fair amount to guarantee everything in my own opinion.

When you just make that amount complete RNG in a timed event like this it's a recipe for disaster. Like going 0-14 with gear lol. I imagine that's an extreme case but the fact that it can even happen is absurd.

There's a bunch of ways to easily (I imagine) fix that, so the fact that it hasn't been done 4 days into the event is not a good sign imo.

I just want to know how they don't see this coming. They have to have. Apparently they want you to just wait until the next IB to finish it. Or the one after that...it's mind boggling. By that point nobody will want to finish it.

So other semi fixes could be trading in dupes for like 10 tokens each, or trading one piece of gear for another (a hunter chest for a Warlock chest for example, or trading in 2 random IB weps for 1 specified...this is just silly lol. Come on Bungie.

Is this not the grind some people wanted back?

That said, I am enjoying Iron Banner a lot more now.

I don't mind grinding - D1 IB was a huge grind, but you could at least get the actual pieces you wanted rather than leaving it all up to chance with tokens. Plus, you could also get the gear in post-match drops. It probably took the same amount of time in raw numbers, but the loop was way more satisfying.

sephi22

19 Packages.

3x chest pieces
2x leg pieces
1x class item
1x arm

I guess it's not terrible. Hunt for the mask for my hunter is going to be terrible. Hoping to finish full set on atleast hunter and titan before reset

Matt Frost

How does the scuf give you an advantage in PvP? What do you bind to the paddles?

Right now i have jump on the left paddle and duck on the other but i am not using it much so far might change to reload/revive. But the pad is not only the paddles but the accuracy the sticks have, Scuf ones follow the target precisely while the regular controller doesnt. Well, now that i know the difference is abysmal between the two. And jumping all over the place while aiming is very nice for escaping and mapping the territory. Scuf is a game changer

Epcott

I cannot find leg armor for Hunter class that has recovery.

I keep finding leg armor that has mobility and resistance and the option to double one or the other, but never put it towards recovery, so the highest my Hunter recovery ever gets is 3.

Is there a way to get the recovery up higher, or is Hunter forever boned?

Edit: I just checked Iron Banner gear sets, and Iron Truage Boots leg armor has the same stat toggles of all the other hunter boots. What’s the point of getting them other than a cosmetic difference? There is no real stat difference... This is what really annoys me about this game 😡

28 packages, still waiting for my chest piece :(

Had duplicates of all the others and all the weapons but still waiting for that damn drop.

I wanted to raid today too but I don't want to miss out and have to wait to see if I can get it later.

Zereta

Fourteen packages. Four teen. Not a single piece of Iron Banner gear. Why did I waste my time on this miserable event?

9 packages. Only need the helmet to complete the set.

RNG, man.

For example, I just got an exotic engram after an Iron Banner match. Decrypted into... a Fighting Lion.

RNG.... man......

Edit: Turned in my tenth package. Got Time Worn Spire. Feels good, man.

Zereta

First Cayde chest of the day. Didn't collect any planetary material/planet chest/chest of any kind.

Nothing. Not even a token.

That's 3/4 Cayde Chests this week, each on its own day, with absolutely zero items out of them.

Something seems broken.

GazzaGSi

Hit 304 last night, just my helmet that isn't 305 so hopefully on the reset Tuesday I'll see one of them. Rocking the full banner armour in NM shader, looks sweet. Is there no Ornaments for flaming pieces anymore? The chest is crying out for it with that huge emblem on the front :)

JHall

First Cayde chest of the day. Didn't collect any planetary material/planet chest/chest of any kind.

That's 3/4 Cayde Chests this week, each on its own day, with absolutely zero items out of them.

Something seems broken.

"Working as intended"

Something seems broken.

I doubt I'll even waste the 25k glimmer on it this week. It just pisses me off everytime.

Why yes, I did need another IB assault rifle, I mean the other 6 clearly wasn't enough. More shards, Yes!

30 IB engrams...I have no legs. 30 is such a nice even number I'm sure I'll get them on #31.

sephi22

I cannot find leg armor for Hunter class that has recovery.

I keep finding leg armor that has mobility and resistance and the option to double one or the other, but never put it towards recovery, so the highest my Hunter recovery ever gets is 3.

Is there a way to get the recovery up higher, or is Hunter forever boned?

Edit: I just checked Iron Banner gear sets, and Iron Truage Boots leg armor has the same stat toggles of all the other hunter boots. What's the point of getting them other than a cosmetic difference? There is no real stat difference... This is what really annoys me about this game ��
No hunter leg armor has recovery, even if it says it's 'Recovery armor'. It's a bug acc to reddit but I think it's just another decision made to fuck over hunters.

Top Bottom