• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Shores of Time has been out for 3 years. Yet people still try to cap A.

Always that Hero who sees we have C and B lockdown, hey lets grab A!

Why no one coming defending A!, So easy to cap

Hey we're losing B & C, oh hey my teammates spawned @A

This is great!

Mindlog

Good luck with the loot. Hope it raises your LL.

Died trying to play it cute with Winter's Guile twice.
Quick run!

This is great!
Wait a second...
No, hold on...
Can't be...
giphy.gif

Shores of Time and Emporer's Respite are the same map!

This is great!
Shores of time is nostalgic but I wish they had brought back a balanced, symmetrical map like Pantheon. Then we don’t have to worry about this stuff.

Even when I’m in a party chat with friends in destiny 1 I couldn’t stop people from capping A. It’s a failure of map design that the points aren’t equal. I wish all maps were symmetric, like most halo maps.

Haven’t played it in d2 enough to be sure that the cap&hold strategy is still best. Some maps in d2 seem to work well when played as a roaming group of 4, basically roaming from point to point and not trying to defend any specific ones.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah can we talk about how Bungie made no attempt to even fix this even though it was a problem in D1 too? And while we're at it can we talk about Emperor's Respite and Dead Cliffs?

Emperor's Respite heavily favors A-side as they are closest to B flag with extremely straightforward and safe access, while the only straight line from C to B is a deathtrap / choke-point through a single door with no cover, with one of the two possible flanking routes leading you into open space where the enemy has superior cover and long lines of sight to you from both B and A.

At Dead Cliffs A-spawn does not even spawn in the flag room, but next to it where the enemy team has a straight line of sight at that spawn from B. To get to A from there you spawn, you either have to push further into that long sightline and go around, which puts you right in their line from C to A, or you have to head back from spawn through a single door with the enemy having the high ground and superior cover when you come in.

Heel

I joined a clan after the reset on Tuesday and didn't get the weekly clan engrams for crucible and nightfall that they had already completed. I suppose that's normal, but should I have gotten one for Trials of the Nine this weekend? The clan completed but I didn't get rewarded. Do I have to wait for the reset completely?

I don't think I've been on a team that's been able to get above a score of 40 today. Nothing but 100 to 20-30 games. It's been nothing but entire teams all day.

Im in a not real good Xbox clan. We are a whopping level 3.......

I should change up so i can get some better rewards
Request to join the DestinyGAF Xbox clan, we have a couple slots open right now and are level 6

I joined a clan after the reset on Tuesday and didn't get the weekly clan engrams for crucible and nightfall that they had already completed. I suppose that's normal, but should I have gotten one for Trials of the Nine this weekend? The clan completed but I didn't get rewarded. Do I have to wait for the reset completely?
I think that’s normal to prevent people switching between clans to stack rewards.

Good luck with the loot. Hope it raises your LL.

Died trying to play it cute with Winter's Guile twice.
Quick run!

Wait a second...
No, hold on...
Can't be...
giphy.gif

Shores of Time and Emporer's Respite are the same map!
Yeah pushed me to 269, thanks. Would have probably already been at 270 if that helmet mistake didn't happen earlier. -_-
But atleast I should be good for the newbie raid later

JHall

Yeah can we talk about how Bungie made no attempt to even fix this even though it was a problem in D1 too? And while we're at it can we talk about Emperor's Respite and Dead Cliffs?

Emperor's Respite heavily favors A-side as they are closest to B flag with extremely straightforward and safe access, while the only straight line from C to B is a deathtrap / choke-point through a single door with no cover, with one of the two possible flanking routes leading you into open space where the enemy has superior cover and long lines of sight to you from both B and A.

At Dead Cliffs A-spawn does not even spawn in the flag room, but next to it where the enemy team has a straight line of sight at that spawn from B. To get to A from there you spawn, you either have to push further into that long sightline and go around, which puts you right in their line from C to A, or you have to head back from spawn through a single door with the enemy having the high ground and superior cover when you come in.

The problem here is that you think Bungie actually plays their games. Throughout Halo and Destiny it's painfully obvious that they look at graphs and statistics to balance their games accordingly instead of play testing.

f@luS

More than a member.
Almost done with IB. did no raid or trial just for this.

Got full set for hunter , Titan , starting the warlock

Got all the 8 weapons many of them multiple times

Hugstable

Banned
Did the Guided Games for the Nightfall and it actually went really well! No full wipes or anything, was my first time doing a nightfall in destiny 2 as well. Was fun too, I liked the whole idea of racing against the clock but also having to kill enemies on the way to increase you time as well as picking up those orbs to restore your life.

Matt Frost

Yeah i have no idea why this happens. And C on Emperors Respite, etc... camping B while holding the nearest point so they spawn the farthest is key to victory, but not everyone got this info yet

The first time I played it, it was like a cat & mouse game: My team capped two, then went to the third, then the enemy would cap the one behind us. So the entire game was spent with my entire team (randoms) running in a circle capping each flag with the enemy running behind us.

noomi

Would be nice to be able to transfer all my ps4 gear to pc :(

Going to have to grind it all out from nothing again.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
After 30 packages finally got the Titan arms to drop. \o/

I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEE

Who am I kidding, now I want that sexy Hunter cloak...

After a bit of Googling looks like the answer is "no," but just to make sure there aren't any sort of strange exceptions: Crucible drops, enegrams and etc are based on your highest possible current Power level, not the stuff you actively have equipped, right?

catspit

Maybe this is a bad idea. just a quick thought. you can get a random package from 20 tokens. why not let people have the option to use 60 tokens and be able to select an item from the pool. That way the people who want to take a gamble 3x can. and the people missing 1 or 2 items have to put in the time to finish off their set.

ehh. just an idea.

Maybe this is a bad idea. just a quick thought. you can get a random package from 20 tokens. why not let people have the option to use 60 tokens and be able to select an item from the pool. That way the people who want to take a gamble 3x can. and the people missing 1 or 2 items have to put in the time to finish off their set.

ehh. just an idea.

60 for gloves and class item

80 for chest or helmet or boots

60 for primary

75 for secondaries

80 for heavy

Done.

hemo memo

Gold Member

ehh. just an idea.

But the ESRB said no gamble /s

hemo memo

Gold Member
After a bit of Googling looks like the answer is "no," but just to make sure there aren't any sort of strange exceptions: Crucible drops, enegrams and etc are based on your highest possible current Power level, not the stuff you actively have equipped, right?

Correct. All calculated even stuff in the vault.

Olengie

I just want the IB Hunter / Warlock Helmet.

At least I got Fusion Rifle, Scout Rifle, and Auto Rifle out of this. And Warlock Chest and Hunter Cloak.

Question, I have like 90 emperor token, should I spend them now or wait for prestige?

I think they said Prestige doesn't increase PL, so i wouldn't see how tokens would give you prestige armor.

If you don't need to use them and you're on the fence - save it. Better safe than sorry, and nothing to lose, eh?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I was thinking about Dupes and how Luke said how do you make say the 10th Better Devils be the same as say the first, with fixed rolls

Paragon has this mechanic where Dupes of cards can be leveled up for different borders but also slight bumps in % only PvE oriented

That got me thinking, why not add slots to all guns.
Only PvE oriented, those can't effect PvP and are blocked off

This way you keep your parity and balance for both modes yet still can feel more powerful in another mode

Say you like Nameless Midnight, you hand it over to Banshee. He puts 2 empty mod slots for 100 Legendary Shards each.

Now you get access to 3 perks from Column A and 3 perks from Column B (Bungie still has fixed stats perks of their choosing to not make it way too OP)
Pick your 2 favorite but they will be severely underleveled mods.

Now Gunsmith offers up Bounties in many ways
Sometimes column A is just finding Dupes of same Weapon type and infuse to pump it to Legendary Status for said mods

Could be Dragon Fly effect damage increase as Something from Column A slotted in
Common -1%
Uncommon - 3%
Rare - 5%
Legendary - 10%
Exotic - 25% (only 1 Mod)

You can put in Legendary Shards currency sinks here. Now the Dupes matter cause you'll hold onto Scout Rifles to infuse up the mods/gun
Rare gives like small gains, while an Exotic will give maximum gain, but to stop people from just buying it from collection at 10 Legendary Shards a pop, the gun has to be base level 300 be it Legendary or Exotic or Rare. Can change the PL number here but say a 295 Legendary SR might not be a full gain, whle a 300 SR might

This wouldn't effect anything PvP wise, cause as said earlier, they'll be turned off in that mode, this would at least alleviate no end game chase, brimg some grind, but at least nothing most can do over time and feel like progressing

Can put time gates or any other things to curtail the hardest of hardcore to Day 1 the whole thing.

Would be like can have 3 guns active per Guardian per Slot. Takes Roughly a 3 weeks to fully complete the guns. I mean we share Legendary Shards, if players burn 600+ Legendary Shards say every 3 weeks, the most you can earn back is what 150ish in a week with running all 3 Guardians through everything milestone and end game wise
So your removing the LS slowly but the sink will move to depreciate the stockpiles

Also this can get adjusted in many ways

I was thinking why guns really are just inst-dismantle

If they want to work armor same way, then Legendary Shards sink is going to get real

Just thinking here about this.

Sanic

I'm looking to run the raid for the first time tonight. I am free starting at 6pm EDT (a little under two hours from now). 274 Hunter, PS4.

Any groups forming up that I can join?

f@luS

More than a member.
Nice rng. 3 packages opened got the chest helmet and arms for my warlock (Iron banner )

Full set on hunter / full on Titan / 3/5 warlock. Hopefully will manage to get it full before reset. I love that set

Top Bottom