• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

V1ctIm

Neo Member
I used to love IB. The tokens are utterly killing it for me. I don't plan on doing it at all. I just don't have the time I need to rank up with tokens this way. I feel so bad saying that I hate it, but I actively hate it. It used to be so much easier when you had a drop chance after each match. One chance after over an hour of playing is ridiculous. :(

EDIT: can't even generate that top of the page hype anymore.

Token system + zero use for duplicates = Garbage tier Economy/Currency system that feels like there was literally no thought put into it and/or it was tacked on late as an RNG feature in an attempt to create longevity and a player chase given how small/boring the loot pool was overall.

It's the worst RNG Destiny has ever had, easily.

zewone

There are worst armor grinds in the game than IB, like IO farming or doing Ikora missions.

At least PVP has the potential to be fun.

There are worst armor grinds in the game than IB, like IO farming or doing Ikora missions.

At least PVP has the potential to be fun.

I'm including all of it when I say "Token system."

Every vendor is virtually the same.

The entire Economy/Currency setup makes very little sense.

For instance, Destination mats are fairly hard to locate for different reasons sometimes yet they offer a laughably small amount of resources towards reputation gains/engrams at vendors.

Destination chests offer a single Token which just so happens to be the same amount of Tokens you get for completing Heroic Public Events which is just absurd considering how easy it is to stumble upon a chest (with or without a ghost tracker) yet the process of completing a PE can be a bit involving given the fast-travels, the waiting, and finally the playing. How about 2 Tokens for a regular PE completion and 3 Tokens for an Heroic PE completion for your time and the whack Vendor Token/RNG system.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You guys and your salt. This isn't about Fun or Loot, it's about Friendship!

Go make that unknown blueberry, someone you could put trust in. Oh!, they didn't pick up a Crest in Supremacy. Oh, they ran towards you even though your already at the power ammo spawn, Oh, ask for help by sending blind invites in the Tower saying help with Calus and then not knowing how to do said Calus fight...

Those are the friends you want to make!

/s

I still haven't spent Tokens just accumulating, excited for Iron Dupe-anner once I finish up Monday Challenges.
That will be fun!

MechDX

Salty Destiny is best Destiny, its the only thing that annoys me about not picking it up so I can moan 24/7 about it

I'm including all of it when I say "Token system."

Every vendor is virtually the same.

The entire Economy/Currency setup makes very little sense.

For instance, Destination mats are fairly hard to locate for different reasons sometimes yet they offer a laughably small amount of resources towards reputation gains/engrams at vendors.

Destination chests offer a single Token which just so happens to be the same amount of Tokens you get for completing Heroic Public Events which is just absurd considering how easy it is to stumble upon a chest (with or without a ghost tracker) yet the process of completing a PE can be a bit involving given the fast-travels, the waiting, and finally the playing. How about 2 Tokens for a regular PE completion and 3 Tokens for an Heroic PE completion for your time and the whack Vendor Token/RNG system

Players who are into this game love it for the base gameplay but the bolded is downright maddening and it sometimes just changes on a dime for no apparent reason.

Yesterday morning ran IB with my warlock. Leveled up 3 times and got some good gear including the helmet. Even the random blues I was getting were equal to or slightly higher than what I currently had equipped. Run my Titan last night and got jack and squat for my time. No legendaries, no exotic drops at all. The blues that were dropping were LOWER than the equipped items light level.

While waiting for PE's I will sometimes run some mission beacons to burn time and earn coins. "Kill Vandals and collect their drops" for instance. Hey no problem there is a group of them that respawns right around this wall I can kill quick. They were there when I ran by them to the beacon. Go back after getting mission:

giphy.gif

Dance monkeys, DANCE!!

EDIT: dont even get me started on strikes. Completely pointless to even run them. Drops are horrible and ranking up the Vanguard gives you one of what seems like the same 4-5 items each times

Matt Frost

Finally got the arms so i have the full hunter IB set. Can relax on that front. Next thing i want is the IB AR which seems better than Uriels Gift

GraveRobberX

Man you know I really wish there was a decent Destiny competitor right about now.

If RDR II had released on Fall schedule, Jesus!

That would be a "Let them Fight!".gif, if I ever saw an appropriate .gif for said comment.

Heavy hitters are coming and the casual/floating core (those that will still play Destiny but only if event or DLC drop) that Bungie really created this whole keep progressing no matter your time investment until you reach that base 300 wall (305 with mods), then we have no clue how to keep you playing

I mean through DGAF chatter I jump into and talk to a lot of them through PS4 chat, most are getting Mario, looking @ Assassin's Creed, some are moving to Battlefront II, others COD WWII.

So player pool will shrink quicker than before, no one to blame but Bungie creating this dichotomy of appeasing a hardcore PvP base and a Casual/Semi-Core PvE base.

Funny how this Token system almost looks like a f2p system. Like trade your Tokens in for prizes, oh same reward!, Whammy!, Again, Double Whammy!, Etc.
Only thing is you can't buy Tokens... Yet!

I have not done a single raid or NF and my characters are at 290+

Milestones, PEs and Crucible combined with proper mod attachments and infusion

Oh okay. But the PVP and PE don't give any stuff 270+, I'm farming it since yesterday.
Maybe I just need to wait the next week to have new milestone

NHy17DE.jpg

Well it took at least 4.5 days, 620 tokens and 31 packages but I finally got my full armour set!

Definitely gonna be making it my main after all that trouble lol.

That would be a "Let them Fight!".gif, if I ever saw an appropriate .gif for said comment.

Heavy hitters are coming and the casual/floating core (those that will still play Destiny but only if event or DLC drop) that Bungie really created this whole keep progressing no matter your time investment until you reach that base 300 wall (305 with mods), then we have no clue how to keep you playing

I mean through DGAF chatter I jump into and talk to a lot of them through PS4 chat, most are getting Mario, looking @ Assassin's Creed, some are moving to Battlefront II, others COD WWII.

So player pool will shrink quicker than before, no one to blame but Bungie creating this dichotomy of appeasing a hardcore PvP base and a Casual/Semi-Core PvE base.

Funny how this Token system almost looks like a f2p system. Like trade your Tokens in for prizes, oh same reward!, Whammy!, Again, Double Whammy!, Etc.

I'll be getting Mario, Star Wars, and probably CoD (I'm actually looking forward to a WWII campaign...cautiously hoping it's good as I've been playing them since the original ones on PC).

That said, I already have purchased Destiny 2 on PC so I'm going to be doing it all over again shortly. Even with my complaints I still love the game but some of the stuff is truly puzzling which will be ironed out to some degree in the coming months/expansions.

Well it took at least 4.5 days, 620 tokens and 31 packages but I finally got my full armour set!

Definitely gonna be making it my main after all that trouble lol.

Yeah, I'm not bitter at all, not one bit. I am now 100% convinced my 31st engram (which will be my next one) has the goods I desire. It will have to wait for another 11 hours or so though.

MechDX

Yes!! Also add in Im getting tired of Tess's shit. Last 10 times leveling her up all I am getting is blue items from her. Even "Small amount of dust" which is a damn blue item. I bought $10 worth of silver the other day just to see what I would get. All blue items and one butt ugly legendary ship.....

Oh okay. But the PVP and PE don't give any stuff 270+, I'm farming it since yesterday.
Maybe I just need to wait the next week to have new milestone

Level up planetary vendors. I sometimes get random higher level drops. It is a grind but it can be done. Shows how much I actually love this game even with all the things that are pissing me off

We interrupt your regularly scheduled doom and gloom to bring you this positive Destiny 2 message...

Thanks to everyone who helped me complete the raid last night. Much love to friendly, patient Gaffers. We ended up one shotting baths, two attempts needed for dogs and gauntlet, and three tries before killing Callus. Both those wipes at the end were my fault for being too aggressive in the throne room and getting killed. Damn my hunter and his five recovery!

I hit 305 after earning the raid cloak. Also got the auto rifle (love it), scout rifle (okay), and raid sword from tokens. I had the rocket launcher and SMG from earlier so pretty content with the haul.

Three unrelated questions:
1) What does the throne room team do after we've finished punching the councilors? We grouped in mid and started shooting Callus. I never understood WTF we were doing in that phase and forgot to ask. We were damaging him but at the same time apparently doing too much damage. Should I be firing?

2) Do regular raiders find certain roles they like and gravitate toward them? I've run gauntlet three times and am always a runner. I'm assuming it's the easiest role in the event and love doing it, but am wondering if I should try shooting inside to be more versatile for teams.

3) Who has memorized the underbelly? That place is a fucking maze and the engineers who designed it should be shot on sight. We had a guide showing us the way, but WTF.

Mindlog

After 265 drops get weird. You won't get anything helpful until a powerful engram raises your LL. Then you do get good drops. You will gain LL faster in the same amount of time by having three characters instead of just one especially if you use the exotic quests as another powerful engram source.
I have not done a single raid or NF and my characters are at 290+

Milestones, PEs and Crucible combined with proper mod attachments and infusion
Are you in a clan? Clans are fantastic now for leveling up faster. The clan thread has plenty of groups with open recruiting. The loot drops in this game are oddly generous yet obtuse.
3) Who has memorized the underbelly? That place is a fucking maze and the engineers who designed it should be shot on sight. We had a guide showing us the way, but WTF.
1) After councilors are dead consider using roaming supers to clean up adds. If you don't have a Warlock you need to have full health before Calus starts his shield mechanic. The throne room team has to drop Calus' shield before it triggers a wipe mechanic, but the longer you wait the more time your other team has to kill skulls. Having a Warlock with healing rift or Lupi Titan makes waiting as long as possible much safer. If you are going to die try dying next to the first damage plate.

2) Running is probably the part that gets the least volunteers so knowing how to do it well is a good thing. I like trying everything. Tried center throne room for the first time and wow. Center throne room guy should always be near the punched councillor. Collecting all that heavy ammo makes you a DPS monster. The only part of the raid I haven't tried yet is Prism Holder.

3) I'm slowly getting there. It's basically an interconnected patrol zone.

speiky

46 packages across two characters (Titan will be ignored this IB). Warlock is missing the bond and Hunter is missing the helmet. 46 should be enough to at least have one complete set no!?
I gave up after an extra ten for my Warlock and didn't want to waste anymore tokens on duplicates. Really annoying. Going to ride this out on my hunter to get that helmet. Hopefully I get lucky. Can't believe I'm close to 1000 tokens...WTF

We interrupt your regularly scheduled doom and gloom to bring you this positive Destiny 2 message...

Thanks to everyone who helped me complete the raid last night. Much love to friendly, patient Gaffers. We ended up one shotting baths, two attempts needed for dogs and gauntlet, and three tries before killing Callus. Both those wipes at the end were my fault for being too aggressive in the throne room and getting killed. Damn my hunter and his five recovery!

I hit 305 after earning the raid cloak. Also got the auto rifle (love it), scout rifle (okay), and raid sword from tokens. I had the rocket launcher and SMG from earlier so pretty content with the haul.

1) What does the throne room team do after we've finished punching the councilors? We grouped in mid and started shooting Callus. I never understood WTF we were doing in that phase and forgot to ask. We were damaging him but at the same time apparently doing too much damage. Should I be firing?

2) Do regular raiders find certain roles they like and gravitate toward them? I've run gauntlet three times and am always a runner. I'm assuming it's the easiest role in the event and love doing it, but am wondering if I should try shooting inside to be more versatile for teams.

1 - You are taking down Calus' shield while allowing the inside players to get as many skulls as possible before you deplete his shield completely and then other players come through for the damage phase.

2 - Versatility is always a good thing especially if you play with different groups a lot.

3 - I imagine it becomes simple regarding navigation after exploring it a lot.

1 - You are taking down Calus' shield while allowing the inside players to get as many skulls as possible before you deplete his shield completely and then other players come through for the damage phase.

2 - Versatility is always a good thing especially if you play with different groups a lot.

3 - I imagine it becomes simple regarding navigation after exploring it a lot.

Thanks. So for #1 should we refrain from shooting? Felt like we shredded the shield too quickly.

MechDX

After 265 drops get weird. You won't get anything helpful until a powerful engram raises your LL. Then you do get good drops. You will gain LL faster in the same amount of time by having three characters instead of just one especially if you use the exotic quests as another powerful engram source.

Are you in a clan? Clans are fantastic now for leveling up faster. The clan thread has plenty of groups with open recruiting. The loot drops in this game are oddly generous yet obtuse.

Im in a not real good Xbox clan. We are a whopping level 3.......

I should change up so i can get some better rewards

Thanks. So for #1 should we refrain from shooting? Felt like we shredded the shield too quickly.

You want to take it down but not all the way immediately to give the inside players enough time to get as many skulls as possible. Eventually you'll have to pop his shield whether it's a cue from the inside team or needing to pop it to stay alive in the Throne room.

So I got a helmet that's 270. Went to infuse it to push my overall light to 268....

Defused and nothing happened ... the 270 helmet just disappeared -_-

MechDX

So I got a helmet that's 270. Went to infuse it to push my overall light to 268....

uh.....did you just disassemble it?

You select the item you want to infuse it to and look at the lower left option on the item description screen for "breakdown for infusion" and select the higher level item

Mindlog

Want to try giving the Nightfall a quick shot?
Still in quiet mode over here so no mic, but shouldn't be too hard.

GraveRobberX

1. After punching correct 3 Psions, we go into Skull Phase.
It's the buff to your lower left hand side. "Force of Will".
Get the multiplier up as high as possible.
x100+ is almost a cycle kill
Most average x60-75.

The reason throne room have to slowly DPS Calus is a 2 way strategy baked into the mechanics. Your losing health in the throne room, Warlock Rift negates that to a point. You want to either chip away together 1/3rd every 7 seconds. So within 20 seconds you don't die, inside/away team gets skulls meter up.

The longer you can survive as outside/home team, the longer, the inside team can get the multiplier up.
There's a time limit, can't just keep getting the multiplier up indefinitely.
Your getting damaged outside, while inside team are OK, then when you start lowering his shield in stages, the Skulls get stronger and start damaging us and come quicker also

You can do stagger hit or do 95% and then one person removes the shield when inside says to drop it
Just need to surpass x70+ to get decent damage on him

So more survivability outside, more multiplier inside, wait too long, inside team starts getting damaged heavily

2. Yes, some call their preferences. I run the Gauntlet on 3 Guardians most don't want to do call outs. I always am lead Dog Walker and get x72 and got close to x84 once, try to call Tree, so I can go help any other of the 5 if they need help from the middle. Baths I start middle, go to Top Left first, start the encounter. Also clear adds at the start and rotate in once a person is x5 left on their buff.
I'm also flexible in that I can do all roles, but try to cover the harder parts to alleviate pressure.
That is why you take all those wipes week 1 and practice all "jobs", so you can flex into whatever the team needs.

3. I know the underbelly by heart. Memorized it without map. Yesterday people I guided without being in the underbelly and told them the route to open their 3 keys just through ps4 voice chat, just becomes second nature once you study and know the map.

uh.....did you just disassemble it?

You select the item you want to infuse it to and look at the lower left option on the item description screen for "breakdown for infusion" and select the higher level item

Uhm...lol?
Naw I didn't just disassemble it, it was weird lol....and very depressing -_-
*screams
Want to try giving the Nightfall a quick shot?
Still in quiet mode over here so no mic, but shouldn't be too hard.
Yeah sure, it's cool. I'll have my mic off. First time on nightfall though. Got some time
Psn on profile

AlexBasch

Is it just me or the Iron Banner control matches feel horribly one sided sometimes? I haven't won a match, which isn't a bad thing if I didn't play okay, but in all of my losses I end up having a difference of like 40-30 points. It's so annoying.

catspit

Is it just me or the Iron Banner control matches feel horribly one sided sometimes? I haven't won a match, which isn't a bad thing if I didn't play okay, but in all of my losses I end up having a difference of like 40-30 points. It's so annoying.

bad luck. I play solo and win a bunch. feels just like quickplay to me

GraveRobberX

If matched up against a premade team, they all most of the time have better comes and call outs

Solo queue is a toss up, sometime you get 3 good teammates or those that want to catch bullets by running towards direct line of sights/choke points

Also doesn't help some players now know which 2 flags to hold and how to spawn trap/flip and make it very annoying

GazzaGSi

Just had probably the best nightfall run since release, first 2 stages at the boss and he was damaged that quick the ads didn't have chance to spawn lol
Got abit sloppy in the final stage and finished with 4.59 left on the clock. 300 Titan mark and helmet rewards so infused to make 305's. Just need 305's for the chest and gauntlets now for the titan.

Top Bottom