• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Ballistic

I miss our camp story time lat night

You, me, DThomp

Could use some of that fun banter, it nurtures all of our souls!

I know, DThomp hasn’t been on though. Just did the math, I spent 35% of my time playing crucible in d1 and for d2 it’s barely 19% and falling. Of course d2’s time is going to be skewed a bit but I just hate the fact that you’re screwed when the spawns get fucked and there’s no way to fight back because 1v2 is a death sentence. Then add in that this will happen 3-4 times in a row, it’s infuriating. Emperors spite is worse than Blind Watch with final round snipers, sniper shotguns, and the open windows overlooking c. At least on Blind Watch you had a fighting chance to flip the spawn.

Zereta

I believe I have hit the nothing left to do wall. I Have all the exotics at 305 all the raid armor at 305 as well. I can’t believe I’m saying this I miss the grind from D1. I hope they make some good changes for the endgame with the first DLC. I like it just don’t have the reason to play as much like I did in D1. When I hit this point in the first game I just played crucible, but in this game its not as fun for me. Anyways just my thoughts.

To be fair, having all the exotics and raid gear at 305 indicates you've put a loooooooooooooooooot of time into this game.

But I agree with you: Crucible needs some tweaking. Its too consistent with the fun factor right now.

vctor182

Special thanks to the guys who invited me to do the nightfall. Got 300 PL gauntlets so my hunter is finally 305
iIeehL5.jpg

My second hunter is almost rockin' the full IB set
qz17eYJ.jpg

timnich

Anyone want to walk a newbie through the raid? Usually I get into raids within the first few weeks they're available, but at this point it's become very difficult to find people willing to put up with first timers. PSN ptr19, lvl 299 Hunter and Warlock.

Uff duh

Banned
To be fair, having all the exotics and raid gear at 305 indicates you've put a loooooooooooooooooot of time into this game.

But I agree with you: Crucible needs some tweaking. Its too consistent with the fun factor right now.

I know I have put in more time in than most people. I really just mean the loot turned up to 10 and no RNG rolls on weapons gives you less incentive to keep playing. I played D1 for 2 years and never got Gally or hawk moon, and I was not happy about that as well. I just wish it was more in between the two extremes. Also everyone will have this problem at some point if they keep playing, provided changes aren’t made to the end game. And crucible was a great way to wait for content in D1. It just doesn’t do it for me here.

Acrylic7

A Titans special LB+RB both activate the Captain America shield and the Void Dome. I always accidentally use the Shield when I want the protective dome. Am I doing something wrong here?

v1perz53

A Titans special LB+RB both activate the Captain America shield and the Void Dome. I always accidentally use the Shield when I want the protective dome. Am I doing something wrong here?

To use Captain America mode, you press LB+RB and release right away, to activate Dome you hold LB+RB for more than ~1 second. There isn't much difference, so if you mean to press and you end up pressing too long you'll accidentally activate Dome Mode.

Zereta

I know I have put in more time in than most people. I really just mean the loot turned up to 10 and no RNG rolls on weapons gives you less incentive to keep playing. I played D1 for 2 years and never got Gally or hawk moon, and I was not happy about that as well. I just wish it was more in between the two extremes. Also everyone will have this problem at some point if they keep playing, provided changes aren’t made to the end game. And crucible was a great way to wait for content in D1. It just doesn’t do it for me here.

I do hope Bungie considers changing the rolls on weapons every "season" just to make the act of getting weapons feel new and fresh every month or so.

I do think the mod system is the key to long term longevity in D2 but that needs a major overhaul that makes mods actually interesting and gameplay affecting.

ZeoVGM

Banned
IT IS COMPLETE!!!!

I could probably complete a set but I'm hoarding tokens in the hope that either tomorrow or Monday, Saladin is doing 300 PL gear.

I love Destiny. I complain about things here and there but I also defend it a lot.

But this timed vendor thing is the worst thing, in my opinion, that Bungie has ever done in over three years.

Saladin is an ahole. Throwing Zavala under the bus. "If you keep this up, you'll have Zavala's job some day."

Saladin is a strange dude. "Do you prefer it when Shaxx does this job? So do I. But Shaxx is busy doing things Shaxx does" or something like that. Weird quote.

void666

Banned
Mods are a pain to grind. I keep running out of glimmer. And the RNG can be brutal.

Anyway. Titan and hunter IB sets complete. Only weapon i've left to get is the auto rifle.

Overall i've been having fun in this IB.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
How many times do people have to try to jump from C to B on Emperor’s Respite before the realize that they’re always going to die?

Apparently infinity times, if my last team was any indication.

ZeoVGM

Banned
How many times do people have to try to jump from C to B on Emperor’s Respite before the realize that they’re always going to die?

Apparently infinity times, if my last team was any indication.

The amount of people who try to stand there and shoot across is way too high. And it's just stupid.

Now, if everyone threw a grenade across so that it lands right in the center, then your team and generally get over there without an issue.

Minor rant incoming:

I think I may be 100% done with Destiny 2 until the next dlc. Ran Iron Banner all this week, three characters alternating to get the challenges and more token packages.

However, after 21 IB engrams total, these drops are complete bullshit and I think I am done with this. Got:
4x The Fool’s Remedy (Energy Sidearm)
4x The Wizened Rebuke (Power Fusion Rifle)
7x The Day’s Fury (Power Grenade Launcher) (including the last 5 in a row, wtf!)
5x IB Hunter boots
1x IB Hunter cloak

That's it? So fuck this, I just wanted a chance at some new weapons/gear, but fuck this game's engram system for events like this. Its a joke. I would trade all of them for the pulse rifle for example, but no, keep grinding says the game. I don't have the time, I got other things to do/games to play that respect my time.

Minor rant incoming:

I think I may be 100% done with Destiny 2 until the next dlc. Ran Iron Banner all this week, three characters alternating to get the challenges and more token packages.

However, after 21 IB engrams total, these drops are complete bullshit and I think I am done with this. Got:
4x The Fool’s Remedy (Energy Sidearm)
4x The Wizened Rebuke (Power Fusion Rifle)
7x The Day’s Fury (Power Grenade Launcher) (including the last 5 in a row, wtf!)
5x IB Hunter boots
1x IB Hunter cloak

That's it? So fuck this, I just wanted a chance at some new weapons/gear, but fuck this game's engram system for events like this. Its a joke. I would trade all of them for the pulse rifle for example, but no, keep grinding says the game. I don't have the time, I got other things to do/games to play that respect my time.

Feels good right? Makes this game extremely rewarding right? Took out the RNG on guns, instead inserted it into time limited events with no smart look. I am at 11 packages and dont even feel like I want to keep going. I want the HC and the other two pieces of armor for my warlock but I in the last set of turn ins I got my 3rd GL, 2nd pulse and 2nd bond. Oh and the joy of getting a second item but having it not be IB.

Just further rubs the salt in like the ludicrous raid reward system of maybe or maybe not dropping gear, save for the boss and then tokens. I love getting the warlock bond twice from the boss and then my 4th pulse (3rd dropped during) and so on to only go to the token vendor to get a 4th sword, 4th scout, 2nd SMG etc when all I need/want is the HC and sniper as I have everything else.

This token system is so stupid. You want to have your loot box structure for bright engrams, crucible, vanguard, planets and gunsmith? Fine, whatever, I can do repeatable activities to try my luck. Having it on the raid, trials and IB vendors? That is some BS ESPECIALLY when it drops at vendor power level not anything better (its great being over 300 and getting 295 stuff from tokens...or even better, the fact that during the raid stuff drops raid appropriate but the vendor is not). Kudos all around to the folks who thought this would make it fun and rewarding.

Mindlog

I want the Warlock chest piece but it's not happening.
If only I could decorate my Warlock with grenade launchers and sidearms.

Top Bottom