• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

gblues

Banned
Ugh.

So between moving + phone upgrade, I've lost access to my Blizzard account and have to wait for customer service to clear the authenticator so I can set it back up. I hope it doesn't actually take the multiple days the form says it will :(

120v

So I'm really trying to use the beta to decide if I keep the pre-order and so far it's a decent game but nothing impressive. Are loot drops and leveling up disabled in the beta? The whole appeal of these games to me is the progression and not being able to gauge how grindy it is makes my decision harder. I might drop the pre-order.

You never played destiny 1? because that's more or less what you can expect

Hip Hop

Ugh.

So between moving + phone upgrade, I've lost access to my Blizzard account and have to wait for customer service to clear the authenticator so I can set it back up. I hope it doesn't actually take the multiple days the form says it will :(
Make a new blizzard account just for the beta? Or do you still need to do all that?

After a quick run through of the 2 missions, it doesn't seem like there is too much new. I spent over 800 hours on destiny 1 so don't want a time sink if its more of the same. I only have one friend getting this this time around too so I think I'll pass. Ultrawide, 1440p and high on everything vs PS4 did feel real nice though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ugh.

They might be a bit busy now that the beta is underway, but the one time I needed their help disabling my authenticator took maybe 30 minutes to an hour?

ZugZug123

You never played destiny 1? because that's more or less what you can expect

Did not play D1. I'm a PC + Nintendo person. This is my intro to Destiny and I cannot gauge very well if it's worth it. Nothing wrong with the game and it is beautiful but the game play / gun play was just OK.

Ecto311

Holy shit this game looks good on my i5 2500k with 1060 3gb and 8gb of ram. Never thought I would consider it for pc but this is blowing away what I played on xbox one beta a few weeks ago.

RE4PRR

Love it, you forget there's a massive jump from console to pc until you play the same game on both.

Blows consoles out of the water. Do no regret buying for this and ps4 tho. Hope all my mates move across in Oct.

catspit

Love it, you forget there's a massive jump from console to pc until you play the same game on both.

Blows consoles out of the water. Do no regret buying for this and ps4 tho. Hope all my mates move across in Oct.

I Don't understand why the new Xbox can't do this game in 60fps.. maybe the PS4PRO is unable to do it but why the new Scorpio.. I would maybe upgrade to the PRO if it was 60fps.

ViciousDS

Banned
well, I am done for the night

I played more Destiny 2 Beta PvP tonight alone then I have the entirety of all of D1. Absolutely love having full control of my aim and knowing when I missed, nothing feels like it except on a mouse and keyboard.

Absolutely excited for this and cannot wait to explore.

But as for this week, I guess I'll just have fun in the PvP modes and enjoy it while it lasts because its going to be a long couple months.

Canceled my console version of the game after playing this on PC, perfection can wait.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Battle.net doesn't have an Oceania region. Yes, a clan with more people in your timezone is good but I don't plan to make any that split things up that much!

All good man, if there's enough interest from our timezone region we can always make one as it gets closer to launch. Actually that's something I haven't checked, whether its putting us into NA servers for PvP or its peer-to-peer. Can't remember the details on that one.

Nick_C

Been waiting for my PC beta code for a while now. Amazon chat gave me a 13 digit code, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to redeem that. Bungie.net asks for a 9 digit code.

All good man, if there's enough interest from our timezone region we can always make one as it gets closer to launch. Actually that's something I haven't checked, whether its putting us into NA servers for PvP or its peer-to-peer. Can't remember the details on that one.

I know there are a number of people in the NZ timezone.

Am I correct to assume that the open beta starts at midnight?

Amazon is hopeless:
"I have been informed that the beta is released 2 days after the game is released.
so the this item will be released on October 24, 2017."

Right, ok. LOL

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does the download for non early access open up on midnight?

Possibly, but nothing's been said.

Am I correct to assume that the open beta starts at midnight?

As with the closed beta, it kicks off at 10am PT:

t1504026000z4.png

Is borderless window broken for anyone else? This is how mine shows up regardless of resolution choice (albeit with a smaller window). Looks like the top is leaving a buffer.

d33hPPf.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is borderless window broken for anyone else? This is how mine shows up regardless of resolution choice (albeit with a smaller window). Looks like the top is leaving a buffer.

Borderless Windowed is actually window mode. You want Fullscreen Windowed.

It's a little confusing, I know. Bungie ought to change the names.

As everyone has already said, this game looks amazing on PC. Really loving the upgraded visuals - it's going to be hard to go back to PS4 in a couple of weeks, but hopefully the 4k there will balance out the lack of 60FPS.

Anyways, how is everyone finding the match making? I'm getting into matches quickly - but it seems a real toss up on skill. Sometimes I'm just dominating, and other times I'm getting my ass kicked. I'd say it was just a 'git gud' situation, but I'm having games where I AM doing very well 2.0+ KD, but then the next match I'll be 0.6. So weird. And frustrating.

Tried Mouse and Keyboard and got my ass kicked in PvP. Tried my Xbox One Controller and did a lot better. I also found the controller more comfortable in PvE.

Some people are already disgustingly good in PvP. I'll probably stay away and enjoy PvE like I did in Destiny 1.

flippeh

Game looks and runs pretty great.

Kinda wish the HUD elements where brought towards the center a bit in 21:9 mode, instead of sticking to the edges. Not ideal when you need to keep an eye on the radar.

packy34

d33hPPf.jpg

Yes, it's broken. "Fullscreen Windowed" is what works. I don't know why they have two options that do the same thing with one of them not functioning properly, though.

So I'm really trying to use the beta to decide if I keep the pre-order and so far it's a decent game but nothing impressive. Are loot drops and leveling up disabled in the beta? The whole appeal of these games to me is the progression and not being able to gauge how grindy it is makes my decision harder. I might drop the pre-order.

destiny is basically Progression: The Game. you grind and grind and grind

As everyone has already said, this game looks amazing on PC. Really loving the upgraded visuals - it's going to be hard to go back to PS4 in a couple of weeks, but hopefully the 4k there will balance out the lack of 60FPS.

Anyways, how is everyone finding the match making? I'm getting into matches quickly - but it seems a real toss up on skill. Sometimes I'm just dominating, and other times I'm getting my ass kicked. I'd say it was just a 'git gud' situation, but I'm having games where I AM doing very well 2.0+ KD, but then the next match I'll be 0.6. So weird. And frustrating.

pretty sure in casuals theres zero skill based matchmaking it just throws random people into a match with good connection to each other

How are you guys checking your FPS? Fraps isn't working for me in this one and it doesn't seem like Battle.net has it built in

Edit: Nvm, found it in the settings menu in-game

Top Bottom