• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

I wish the beta started next Friday why would they run it throughout the dam week makes no sense

It will likely be extended a day or two.

Edit: If you haven't pre-ordered and are doing the "Open-Beta" I would suggest making sure you have downloaded the Beta and at least logged-in and started it once before it is possibly/expected to be extended as they have had a cutoff date/time in the past that will lock you out if you haven't downloaded/played it by the time they extend it.

Mupod

well, finally got my amazon code, but it says it was already used. Support says they'll send me a new one but who knows if it'll get here on time. Might just go with greenman...?

kuYuri

Hey, I was just wondering if

Intel Core i9-7900X 4.3 GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid 11GB
Corsair 8x16GB Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB PCIe NVMe 3500MB/s/2100MB/s

can play this game at 4k and 60fps without pop-ins?

I have Windows 10 64-bit if that matters.

Thanks

I want to see receipts Tecnniqe

Hey, I was just wondering if

Intel Core i9-7900X 4.3 GHz
Corsair 8x16GB Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB PCIe NVMe 3500MB/s/2100MB/s

can play this game at 4k and 60fps without pop-ins?

I have Windows 10 64-bit if that matters.

Thanks

Having two of the same video card means they cancel each other out so you'll just be staring a black screen when you start that game up.

Sorry.

Strakt

cant waitttt for tomorrow. played the ps4 beta a couple weeks ago, but i suck so much at controller and its 30 fps. cant believe destiny is finally coming to pc :D

Anyone know what the level cap is going to be in the beta?

There is zero player progression in the Beta with just a few loot drops here and there.

This "Beta" is as bare-bones as it gets and really doesn't represent the Destiny overall experience that well. It's a glorified demo with three separate game modes (Story Mission, Strike, and PvP).

Edit: That said, I'm in it for how it looks/plays/translates on PC this time around and that traditionally great Bungie gunplay/gameplay.

I was super excited that i was going to have the upcoming weekend free to play Destiny all weekend long but i guess i need to wait for the actual release.

I'd be surprised if the Beta wasn't extended through at least Friday/Saturday just as the other Destiny Betas have been by a few days each time.

N-Forced

Neo Member
I think you're just max level, right?

Yes. You should be max level with preset gear set for your class, 2 sub-classes and 1 attunement / sub-class available.

There is zero player progression in the Beta with just a few loot drops here and there.

This "Beta" is as bare-bones as it gets and really doesn't represent the Destiny overall experience that well. It's a glorified demo with three separate game modes (Story Mission, Strike, and PvP).

Edit: That said, I'm in it for how it looks/plays/translates on PC this time around and that traditionally great Bungie gunplay/gameplay.

Ok thanks for the info guys, guess i'll be using this beta as more a performance/control setup then.

everyer

Yep, i think its all set up.

3djQtmQ.png

When i try the code again:

vBH1kbE.png

But nothing shows up, am i doing something wrong?

2z6knms.png

try to fill in the address form of your battle net account.

Dec

Quick and dirty config for anyone who has a Steam Controller but wants similar controls to the console version:

Code:
Steam Controller Config for Destiny 2

KB+M		In-Game			Steam Controller

WASD		= Movement		= Joystick
1 		= Kinetic weapon 	= L simulated d-pad
2 		= Energy weapon 	= R simulated d-pad
3 		= Power weapon 		= U simulated d-pad
TAB		= Summon Ghost		= D simulated d-pad
Q		= Grenade 		= L bumper
G		= highlight player 	= R bumper
SHIFT		= sprint 		= L joystick press
C		= melee 		= R pad press
SPACE		= jump 			= L paddle
R		= reload 		= R paddle
CTRL		= crouch 		= B button
F		= Super Ability 	= Y button
X		= Air Move		= X button
V		= Class Ability		= A button
R mouse 	= ADS 			= L trigger
L mouse 	= Shoot 		= R trigger (or use soft pull for ADS and full pull to shoot)
F1		= Start 		= menu
N/A 		= Game Status		= N/A
MOUSE 		= Look 			= R track pad
Arrow Keys	= Emotes		= R paddle mode shift for ABXY

EDIT: Reformatted and included all bindings.

Hey, thanks for this. I don't know that I will ever use my steam controller for the game but it's nice to have the option.

Tovarisc

Quick and dirty config for anyone who has a Steam Controller but wants similar controls to the console version:

Code:
Steam Controller Config for Destiny 2

KB+M		In-Game			Steam Controller

WASD		= Movement		= Joystick
1 		= Kinetic weapon 	= L simulated d-pad
2 		= Energy weapon 	= R simulated d-pad
3 		= Power weapon 		= U simulated d-pad
TAB		= Summon Ghost		= D simulated d-pad
Q		= Grenade 		= L bumper
G		= highlight player 	= R bumper
SHIFT		= sprint 		= L joystick press
C		= melee 		= R pad press
SPACE		= jump 			= L paddle
R		= reload 		= R paddle
CTRL		= crouch 		= B button
F		= Super Ability 	= Y button
X		= Air Move		= X button
V		= Class Ability		= A button
R mouse 	= ADS 			= L trigger
L mouse 	= Shoot 		= R trigger (or use soft pull for ADS and full pull to shoot)
F1		= Start 		= menu
N/A 		= Game Status		= N/A
MOUSE 		= Look 			= R track pad
Arrow Keys	= Emotes		= R paddle mode shift for ABXY

EDIT: Reformatted and included all bindings.

Added link to the post into OP

Theorry

Times you need to know as a future Destiny player. :D
10 am PST for patches, new content etc
1 am PST on thursday is the weekly reset.

I just recently picked up a 1440p monitor. Will my 970 will be able to reliably run most games at 1440/60? If not, I may end up jumping on that 1080/Destiny 2 deal while I still can.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just recently picked up a 1440p monitor. Will my 970 will be able to reliably run most games at 1440/60? If not, I may end up jumping on that 1080/Destiny 2 deal while I still can.

No, the 970 is a 1080p card IMO. I have one and it's not up to snuff for 1440p in modern games. I went for a 1080p/144Hz monitor instead and it handles that really well, I hit that 100fps+ sweet spot more often than not. I plan to upgrade to a Vega 56 though for Freesync.

I really like the look of the open world activity. Halo CE will forever be my favorite fps campaign because of those large open world maps that gave you flexibility of how to take on the fights. Haven't played a Bungie game since Reach but I enjoyed it even though it was rough playing on a controller after switching to PC. I know the EDZ is'nt in the beta but it's something to look for.

FinKL

Tovarisc

I'ma just sayin' exotic is a bs word for legendary, which as we all know is the true word.

It's always been and will always be

Gray
White
Green
Blue
Epic
Legendary

You are the one making shit confusing :b

Purples are legendaries and orange is exotics.

Top Bottom