• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

Tovarisc

I plan on trying the beta even though I never played the first game (I'm a PC gamer)...I really don't see the big deal about this game...doesn't sound like anything amazing or original...plus I seem to remember the first game getting average reviews when it first came out (might have fixed those issues since)...I remember Peter Dinklage getting a lot of grief for his narration...is this more or less a loot game like Borderlands?

Basic idea is same, yes. First person looter shooter with RPG elements and coop.

Destiny has nudge more serious tone, less forced shitty humor and more emphasis on coop experience. Why it blew up on GAF is that community really makes Destiny shine.

Tarnpanzer

Got an extra code from Amazon. You have to redeem it at Bungie first to get the code for Battle.net. PM me if you want it.

edit: gone

spuckthew

Jesus, everyone posting beefy PC specs and wondering if they'll be able to play the game ok need to look at the damn recommended system requirements on battle.net.

Recommended Specifications
Operating System
Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5 2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X or better
Video
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 or better
Memory
8 GB RAM

The minimum specs are lower. Until the beta starts no-one knows how the game will perform though, but if you have a 1070+ and a recent i5 (K SKU) you probably have a good chance of getting 1080/60 (unless the game is a buggy mess I guess).

Will I get another code from amazon when I preorder it again if I already preordered it once, got a code I used for PS4 and cancelled the order?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Jesus, everyone posting beefy PC specs and wondering if they'll be able to play the game ok need to look at the damn recommended system requirements on battle.net.

Operating System
Processor
Video
Memory
8 GB RAM

The minimum specs are lower. Until the beta starts no-one knows how the game will perform though, but if you have a 1070+ and a recent i5 (K SKU) you probably have a good chance of getting 1080/60 (unless the game is a buggy mess I guess).

or look at this image on the first page:

1fzsSlg.png

Tovarisc

Operating System
Processor
Video
Memory
8 GB RAM

People posting these i7 1080Ti rigs don't know what they have built / purchased so they should look up some benches about their own HW or just doing brag posts.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hey, I was just wondering if

Intel Core i9-7900X 4.3 GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid 11GB
Corsair 8x16GB Dominator Platinum DDR4-3200
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB PCIe NVMe 3500MB/s/2100MB/s

can play this game at 4k and 60fps without pop-ins?

I have Windows 10 64-bit if that matters.

Thanks

Thanks
Maybe when you type r_picmip 10 into the console.

Eggiem

Thanks

Only on Mondays.

daxy

Thanks

Jeez, enough of this already.

A quick Google search should tell you that if you set all RGB profiles on your PC to green, you'll unlock 33% extra power on your video cards. That'll do it.

TitusTroy

Basic idea is same, yes. First person looter shooter with RPG elements and coop.

Destiny has nudge more serious tone, less forced shitty humor and more emphasis on coop experience. Why it blew up on GAF is that community really makes Destiny shine.

so if I don't like co-op and just want to play by myself Destiny 2 is not the game for me?...I can't enjoy it as a straight up single player game?...I remember them saying the same about Borderlands but I enjoyed playing that solo

Tecnniqe

Banned
so if I don't like co-op and just want to play by myself Destiny 2 is not the game for me?...I can't enjoy it as a straight up single player game?...I remember them saying the same about Borderlands but I enjoyed playing that solo

You can play the story parts alone no problem, pvp too if you want that but the end game and general systems of the game is built around community and playing with others so you cant do all the content without interacting with other.

Tovarisc

You can level and patrol solo easily. Gain XP, gear and experiences that way.

Moment you want step it up and do Strikes (dungeon / instance) you get matchmade into fireteam of 2 other people. PvP is 4v4, no duels. Raids are 6 man experiences.

I redeemed my code from amazon ages ago and I was told I would receive further contact from bungie. They have not sent me a code or anything to download the beta via blizzard app.

Tovarisc

I redeemed my code from amazon ages ago and I was told I would receive further contact from bungie. They have not sent me a code or anything to download the beta via blizzard app.

If you put that code into BungieNet then go there => Profile => Codes

You should be able to redeem PC code from there.

Deepo

It'll be interesting to see if I HDR works for the beta, seeing as HDR on Windows 10 is very temperamental at the moment.

Yaari

Are codes regionbound? I got one from Amazon US but sadly can't redeem it on my Battle.net. And it does not look like Amazon UK/DE are handing out any codes.

gt86

Thanks

I think you will be lucky to run it at 720p/30

mrqs

I'm not able to pre-load the beta :( Battle.net doesn't show up anything, and i already redeemed the code on my account.

Ugh! :(

daxy

Are codes regionbound? I got one from Amazon US but sadly can't redeem it on my Battle.net. And it does not look like Amazon UK/DE are handing out any codes.

You need to redeem it on the Bungie site. This'll give you a code for Battle.net. Check OP for more detailed instructions.

I'm not able to pre-load the beta :( Battle.net doesn't show up anything, and i already redeemed the code on my account.

Ugh! :(

Did you link your Bungie account to Bnet?

mrqs

You need to redeem it on the Bungie site. This'll give you a code for Battle.net. Check OP for more detailed instructions.

Do you have your Bungie account linked to Bnet?

Yep, i think its all set up.

3djQtmQ.png

When i try the code again:

vBH1kbE.png

But nothing shows up, am i doing something wrong?

2z6knms.png

Theorry

Have fun PC boys. Happy Destiny is coming to PC also. I am sure people will not like it but like on console alot of will. Looks like a solid PC version also wich is great.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Have fun PC boys. Happy Destiny is coming to PC also. I am sure people will not like it but like on console alot of will. Looks like a solid PC version also wich is great.

like every other game then? of course some will like it and others won't. i'll wait and see how it plays. it sounds positive so far but could still be a mess.

i just hope the playerbase is large enough 2-3 years in to find for strikes/raids etc.

Tovarisc

like every other game then? of course some will like it and others won't. i'll wait and see how it plays. it sounds positive so far but could still be a mess.

i just hope the playerbase is large enough 2-3 years in to find for strikes/raids etc.

I don't think there is any reason to believe D2 PC will go way of LawBreakers.

Theorry

Not really. Either you love this game or you gonna hate it. Its the Destiny way.

Kambing

Anyone else going to be playing the beta with a controller? My original plan was to get the 200hz 21:9 HDR widescreens announced earlier this year and play on that. Concocting a M/KB solution in my living room seems less than ideal as it's a short term solution. Argggh

Tecnniqe

Banned

Pretty sure more than 10 people will be playing a few years into it.

Should be able to eat the game for breakfast @1440/60fps with a 5820k (OCd to 4.5ghz) and a 980Ti. Hopefully its a good version of the game with some bells and whistles to take advantage of (do we know the AO options for instance?) but can't wait to try the beta tomorrow.

Tovarisc

Should be able to eat the game for breakfast @1440/60fps with a 5820k (OCd to 4.5ghz) and a 980Ti. Hopefully its a good version of the game with some bells and whistles to take advantage of (do we know the AO options for instance?) but can't wait to try the beta tomorrow.

HBAO+

Not sure if it is in beta build, but should be in final release as AO option.

PaNaMa

Banned

Air cooled or liquid on the CPU? I've had my 5930k at 4.4 but dropped it back cause it wasn't really necessary heh.

Anyone else going to be playing the beta with a controller? My original plan was to get the 200hz 21:9 HDR widescreens announced earlier this year and play on that. Concocting a M/KB solution in my living room seems less than ideal as it's a short term solution. Argggh

I probably will. Interested in seeing if it plays the same as console version with a controller.

Air cooled or liquid on the CPU? I've had my 5930k at 4.4 but dropped it back cause it wasn't really necessary heh.

Liquid. It's been a while since I've monitored my temps but everything was very good on that front. Any noise I get from my PC is not that noticable because 99% of the time I use headphones (deaf in one ear so its just easier for me, and i don't disturb anyone else).

Tbh the 4.5 isn't...necessary, for any games I play...but it's almost become a habit. I'm too lazy to do the process again (not that it'd be particularly hard) because I have bios updates. Never had any instability issues either.

HBAO+

Not sure if it is in beta build, but should be in final release as AO option.

Oh, sweet. Was hoping for that. I read that apparently the AA solution (MSAA?) in the Beta is apparently buggy as its not the final implementation so it'll be interesting to see how that affects things. It feels like Destiny is more a case of: Artstyle over Polycount etc anyway.

Ugh I read this past midnight last night and thought pre-orders were gonna get to play today. Super bummed, beta isn't even long enough to last until the weekend. I'll only get a couple hours in here and there :\

Top Bottom