• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

ultrazilla

Locked and (pre) loaded for the PC!

It was a nightmare with my Blizzard account as I haven't used it in ages and had my authenticator on an old phone. Yeah, that was fun fixing! :/

BTW: For those of you "new" to Blizzard, you'll want to add at least two tier security to your account(I recommend the Battlenet mobile authenticator) as Blizzard accounts are ripe for hacking. Had mine hacked before I got the mobile security and it wasn't fun.

ultrazilla

Just pre ordered through amazon. Do they usually send the beta code quick for people. I still haven't got it.

Amazon should be almost instant. Though they could be getting crushed from alot of last minute "pre-orders" for the beta which could be slowing down emails being sent.

Once you get your Amazon code, make sure you go to your Bungie account and follow the instructions there and finally, make sure you link your Blizzard and Bungie accounts!!

Tecnniqe

Banned

It was a nightmare with my Blizzard account as I haven't used it in ages and had my authenticator on an old phone. Yeah, that was fun fixing! :/

BTW: For those of you "new" to Blizzard, you'll want to add at least two tier security to your account(I recommend the Battlenet mobile authenticator) as Blizzard accounts are ripe for hacking. Had mine hacked before I got the mobile security and it wasn't fun.

Had that happen when phone just died, sent a photo ID and got it back an hour later.

I have a spare beta code that I want to give to my friend. Can I just do the redemption process on my own Bungie.net account and then give my friend the code it spits out to redeem on the Blizzard App? Or, do I need to walk my friend through the code redemption process on his Bungie.net account for him to have access to the beta?

TheRed

As above Amazon seem a bit rubbish for these beta codes,didnt get either of mine.

Few minutes at most. If not contact CS

I pre-ordered a few days ago and got my beta code before my confirmation email.

Amazon should be almost instant. Though they could be getting crushed from alot of last minute "pre-orders" for the beta which could be slowing down emails being sent.

Once you get your Amazon code, make sure you go to your Bungie account and follow the instructions there and finally, make sure you link your Blizzard and Bungie accounts!!

Thanks guys. No I haven't got it, just the order confirmation email. I did CS chat and they didn't really help me, guess I could try again or call

TheRed

CS chat was also useless for me.

They kept talking about the "beta timing". I give up.

Yup CS hasn't helped much at all. Told me I have to wait for email from the promotional team in the next 24 hours to get the code since it didn't get sent automatically. It's alright I guess but I wanted to pre load. So how has GMG been?? I could place an order there too if I can trust to get the code, I'll just cancel my Amazon order probably anyway.

Yep, I set this up right away. Do this to secure your account right away, people!

Also, I just realized the PC version comes out on October 24th... dang.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a spare beta code that I want to give to my friend. Can I just do the redemption process on my own Bungie.net account and then give my friend the code it spits out to redeem on the Blizzard App? Or, do I need to walk my friend through the code redemption process on his Bungie.net account for him to have access to the beta?

You can, yeah.

border

How do I link my current Bungie.Net login with my Battle.net login? Should I do that before redeeming a beta code?

My name if Byf went all in, 1.5h long "Lore & Story of Destiny 1 in preparation for Destiny 2" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI

Damn what a great video. Hyped me so much for tomorrow

feel

Yeah, you can redeem multiple codes on your bungie.net account and then just send the final codes to your friends.

My name if Byf went all in, 1.5h long "Lore & Story of Destiny 1 in preparation for Destiny 2" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2avSq-82oI
Jesus, is there a 7min version of this?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah, you can redeem multiple codes on your bungie.net account and then just send the final codes to your friends.

Jesus, is there a 7min version of this?
The 7 minute version is vanilla Destiny.

TL;DR wizard came from the moon and I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain

Tecnniqe

Banned
I’m actually surprised he got everything into 90 minutes.
Well it's not everything. It's not got the deep shit but it's got everything you need to know and honestly, even after playing and finishing it all up to TTK I had no idea what the majority of what he talked about even existed.

Simply because I never went outside the game to read the lore because I hate reading long texts as I quit as fast as I start.

I hope they do a better job this time around, because the world is a crazy story I want to experience but I'm also playing a game, not reading a book.

luulubuu

Well it's not everything. It's not got the deep shit but it's got everything you need to know and honestly, even after playing and finishing it all up to TTK I had no idea what the majority of what he talked about even existed.

Simply because I never went outside the game to read the lore because I hate reading long texts as I quit as fast as I start.

I hope they do a better job this time around, because the world is a crazy story I want to experience but I'm also playing a game, not reading a book.

You know, a few years ago I would be so pissed at this but I get you sooooo well now..

jaosobno

How do I preload foropen beta?

As far as I'm aware, there will be no preload for those that didn't preorder.

You can get keys for beta early access from ebay. Prices are between $1-2.

EDIT: if you meant "how do I preload without a preorder key?"

SeppOCE

Can i preorder the game without bungie taking my money immediately ? Id love to preorder this for the beta then cancel it if it sucks

MaxiLive

Can i preorder the game without bungie taking my money immediately ? Id love to preorder this for the beta then cancel it if it sucks

Blizzard refunded me so I could buy from GMG but that was before the beta.

You could wait a day and play the open beta then you can check if it sucks or not without any risk. Plus you'll have a ton of user impressions, streams and YouTube vids.

Kudo

What stores give code for beta? Does GMG offer that?
Not too keen on paying so much for the game as it'll be super expensive later on with all expansions, CDKeys has it for half what other places do but doesn't have beta key.

anddo0

What stores give code for beta? Does GMG offer that?
Not too keen on paying so much for the game as it'll be super expensive later on with all expansions, CDKeys has it for half what other places do but doesn't have beta key.

Get it from Cdkeys, play the open beta for free?

Kudo

Get it from Cdkeys, play the open beta for free?

Would be one day late, I'm in middle of stuff and got Monday free but lots of stuff to do and not home until Friday so I'd like to play it tonight if possible, thus the situation.

Top Bottom