• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they balancing pve when people are gonna be different levels?

One game type balances out weapons and player levels so everybody is at an equal footing, Iron Banner though is a gametype where you fight people regardless of your level so they'll probably try to pair down people to not fight peeps who are way higher up in level.

Other game types should work the same

One game type balances out weapons and player levels so everybody is at an equal footing, Iron Banner though is a gametype where you fight people regardless of your level so they'll probably try to pair down people to not fight peeps who are way higher up in level.

PVE, tho. Do enemies scale, I think he means?

Daemul

damnit I just ordered this on the PS4 last night lol

I would have done PS3 to get it on both

I was just about to purchase and pre load the digital version of Destiny on my XBO, now, I can purchase the cheaper 360 digital version and get a free upgrade to XBO.

Thank you Bungie.

daedalius

How are they balancing pve when people are gonna be different levels?

When you go into non-iron banner everything is normalized. So, everyone's health is the same (per class anyway); guns are mostly the same damage wise (although some upgrades you can make still might apply), etc.

In Iron Banner everything counts, so don't go in with crap gear unless you want to get steamrolled!

PVE, tho. Do enemies scale, I think he means?

Oh shit lol sorry, I derped.

Enemies don't scale, you could find low level enemies and high level enemies in Old Russia, high level enemies could kill you in like 1 shot, but they usually keep to specific areas. Low level enemies you can kill as much as you like but after a point they give you little to no experience. Maybe once we reach a high enough level we'll kill low level enemies fairly quickly.

Karl Hawk

Banned

I'm more concerned about the supers in PvP at this point.

Anton668

still waiting for my amazon order to ship......

working midnights so no idea when i'll get to fire it up. prolly have to wait till wednesday
:(

Messiek

Vanguard Armory Cannot Download . Anyone?

Also I bought the Digital Guardian Edition , and there's no Expansion pass downloading.
Help?!

I'm more concerned about the supers in PvP at this point.

They already showed us that supers work fine in PvP. They're a cheap way to get kills but they don't charge up so fast it'll become annoying. If you're grouping up with like more than 1 person in an area as you capture it though you're practically begging to get Warlock'd or Titan'd though.

Just checked in from work on the PSN store and had a download button next to the big D. Clicked and got waiting while my standby PS4 spooled up at home. Downloading Now!

Enemies don't scale, you could find low level enemies and high level enemies in Old Russia, high level enemies could kill you in like 1 shot, but they usually keep to specific areas. Low level enemies you can kill as much as you like but after a point they give you little to no experience. Maybe once we reach a high enough level we'll kill low level enemies fairly quickly.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. If I'm 2 and my homie is 13, does the surrounding enemy set change?

Cuphead

Banned
Just checked in from work on the PSN store and had a download button next to the big D. Clicked and got waiting while my standby PS4 spooled up at home. Downloading Now!

Good idea I didn't think of doing this!

Apparently mine isnt set to auto DL wat? Whatever at least it's showing up as ready!

Tawpgun

So say my friend is level 20 and I'm level 5.

Will he just steamroll everything if he's with me?

viveks86

Vanguard Armory Cannot Download . Anyone?

Also I bought the Digital Guardian Edition , and there's no Expansion pass downloading.
Help?!

The expansion pass won't be available till December. Vanguard Armory will probably download on launch day. You are doing fine.

Hnnnnng
WP_20140905_001.jpg

giphy.gif

Sorry, I should have been clearer. If I'm 2 and my homie is 13, does the surrounding enemy set change?

Not as far as I saw in the beta. Enemies spawn around the same level, and after some time they'll respawn/get dropped off again and they always spawned at the same levels as before. If you're going into an area with high level enemies and you're two, you will get obliterated while your buddy might stand a fighting chance.

aka specific areas hold and respawn specific level enemies, they didn't change depending on your strike team's level (as far as I saw in the Beta and there's a point I just farmed enemies)

So say my friend is level 20 and I'm level 5.

Will he just steamroll everything if he's with me?

I can't confirm anything as the beta only went to level 8. I would assume that your weapon's stats, with its max damage, will only do a max damage of that at a time so if he has an OP weapon then there's a chance that yes he'll steamroll and you will get no kills or kill exp.

Karl Hawk

Banned
They already showed us that supers work fine in PvP. They're a cheap way to get kills but they don't charge up so fast it'll become annoying. If you're grouping up with like more than 1 person in an area as you capture it though you're practically begging to get Warlock'd or Titan'd though.

Yeah, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for Bungie to allow a Crucible mode that disables supers. Except this time, it allows for all people in all levels.

Not as far as I saw in the beta. Enemies spawn around the same level, and after some time they'll respawn/get dropped off again and they always spawned at the same levels as before. If you're going into an area with high level enemies and you're two, you will get obliterated while your buddy might stand a fighting chance.

aka specific areas hold and respawn specific level enemies, they didn't change depending on your strike team's level (as far as I saw in the Beta and there's a point I just farmed enemies)

Sweet, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom