• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just gave in and ordered it from Amazon.

Welcome to what's left of the Golden Age fellow guardian

So thirsty...
InbornSpottedHalcyon.gif

Ha! Perfectly captures how I'm feeling

iAmZD

Neo Member
At this point, I'm just assuming that Dax got in early via some Friends and Family program but can't say anything about it.

E92 M3

I have a question about PVP: Did all weapons equal out in terms of stats not mattering? So all snipers had equal strength, rifles, etc... Also, was the warlock bomb the most op?

jett

D-Member
Does anyone know what's the install size for the retail PS3 version?

I want it to be the entire thing. I'm getting it digitally and I don't want to suffer through other people's loading times.

Man this game is going to look so much better on the PS4 than the PS3.... In a few months I'll either have it by Christmas, or my Swagbucks/Perk TV money will get me enough to buy one. (I'm already at $110 in Amazon gift cards after 25 days).

Holy crap! I just remembered my birthday is next month... Maybe I could get it then.

For now I have to stick with the PS3 version though. Hopefully all of you guys haven't ditched the game before I get a PS4

I have a question about PVP: Did all weapons equal out in terms of stats not mattering? So all snipers had equal strength, rifles, etc... Also, was the warlock bomb the most op?

In the picture above, the 122 Attack would be normalized, so all Scout Rifles will be the same. However, the stats on the left (Impact, Range, Stability, Reload, Rate of Fire, and Magazine) will remain unique for each gun. Impact is actually what determines damage. One bullet from a high impact, low rate of fire gun will do more damage than a bullet from a low impact, high rate of fire gun. But the overall time to kill would usually end up being the same between those two examples. The unlockable stuff (scopes, unique abilities, etc) seen at the bottom also stays and is not normalized.

Tovarisc

"Legend" (your character profile) now has high quality 3D models of characters in Bungie.Net. Can freely spin them around, no weapons visible.

I was stalking Bungie employees Legend and model just popped up. Link below, but click on own risk.

!Link may contain spoilers!

Click

Trace

Banned
Can someone Destiny my avatar? My lack of image editing prowess is a point of great shame in my tribe.

Also Destiny now taunts me from the my PS4 :(

E92 M3

In the picture above, the 122 Attack would be normalized, so all Scout Rifles will be the same. However, the stats on the left (Impact, Range, Stability, Reload, Rate of Fire, and Magazine) will remain unique for each gun. Impact is actually what determines damage. One bullet from a high impact, low rate of fire gun will do more damage than a bullet from a low impact, high rate of fire gun. But the overall time to kill would usually end up being the same between those two examples. The unlockable stuff (scopes, unique abilities, etc) seen at the bottom also stays and is not normalized.

So what kind of deficit would a new player have against someone that's been playing for a while? Did the PVP in the beta ever become unbalanced? I'm not super interested in coop, but a fun PVP will keep me hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom