• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I figured that Bungie would lock the raid until about a week or so after, so I wasn't surprised when I read that is what they were doing. I think it's a good idea, personally. Let the dust settle and then a week later, the real challenges begin.

Ken

those legacy emblems are cool i guess but not enough for me to want to fight their terrible account linking system

Wookieomg

What are these emblem codes people are mentioning?

And what do you guys recommend: retail or digital? I was planning on going digital but after reading some of the threads about all the PSN outages/not being able to play online with digitally purchased titles/etc.. I became a bit wary of it.

Marvel

could never
I mean, I don't have any insider info or anything, but it fits the pattern of how a few other things have worked. If it was connected specifically to what platform things were done on, no-one on PlayStation would be able to get the one for playing 4 Bungie games.
Yeah, I was active on bnet with my 4 year hotmail email linked to my xbox gamertag you see.

Rflagg

Control+F "clan"

:'(

This might be my biggest concern atm as my friends list is small, so I really hope that the clan system is golden(with some easy group setup options etc) when the game goes live. I know that most would not consider this a mmo, but really hope they have some sort of clan chat option available eventually as well. It saddens me that we know next to nothing, unless I missed a lot of stuff, about how clans will work.

Spawnling

wyw7oC6.png

More emblems!

neoism

Jesus Tap dancing Christ what a clusterfuck Finally after two hours I had to make two throwaway facebook accounts -_- PSN LINKED :D

SirNinja

Looks like they got slapped. It was a great ad

Except that's the problem right there. They even explicitly said they weren't allowed to run ads, despite the fact that this basically was one.

Also, "Destiny" is already (and has been for some time) a trademarked name for fragrances. So...there's that.

Grewitch

I know I only speak for myself but I don't consider gear as spoilers. How will I know what to shoot for if I don't know what's out there? I prefer to know all the gear, where to find it, etc. ahead of time

For me personally, I'd like to discover most of it and keep it a surprise. I'd research gear if I really wanted it though.

neoism

So one more thing I'm using my OG account now and my PSN is LINKED soo will my stats for the game be on this account from playing on Ps4?

Grewitch

I read somewhere that our characters and save data are stored through their servers. Is this true?

I ask because this is my situation:
I have a PS3 in my home town, and my friend has a PS3 in my college town. I travel between both these towns every other week or so.

The question is, would I be able to take my physical copy of Destiny from one PS3 to the other and continue where I left off with my progress saved? (I sign in my psn on both consoles)

As long as you sign in with your PSN account, you should be golden. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, people.

bombshell

Is this their first confirmation of modifiers? Skulls were my favorite gameplay mechanic of Halo so I'm glad they're somewhat returning. Wish we had control over them, though.

Modifiers were in the UI in the beta when selecting mission difficulties, I just don't think any were used.

Fitts

I just caught the bit about the free last-gen to current-gen upgrade. Very cool. I'm frankly shocked that Activision is willing to go along with it.

With all the negative Destiny threads, you would think that someone would make one about this huge positive, no? ;)

GlamFM

Banned
I just caught the bit about the free last-gen to current-gen upgrade. Very cool. I'm frankly shocked that Activision is willing to go along with it.

With all the negative Destiny threads, you would think that someone would make one about this huge positive, no? ;)

There is one.

This might be my biggest concern atm as my friends list is small, so I really hope that the clan system is golden(with some easy group setup options etc) when the game goes live. I know that most would not consider this a mmo, but really hope they have some sort of clan chat option available eventually as well. It saddens me that we know next to nothing, unless I missed a lot of stuff, about how clans will work.

Don't worry bro we'll just have to hum the ultimate bro assembling song

neoism

Holy crap that is one shitty account system -.- Glad you got it sorted though!

yeah its really not explained good at all lol. but now I can log in my OG account with either my psn or xbox account lol. Is the Destiny app even usable for anything rightnow. I didnt play the beta :(

Sorry if this has already been answered, but if you preorder the game on PSN for PS3, can you download the PS4 version right away ?

Preliminary answer here, though I would still like Sony/Bungie confirmation:

Uthred said:
https://pay.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...gitally_for_lastgen_get_the/ckaae4t?context=3

It doesnt appear to be working at the moment, pre-ordered the PS3 Digitial Guardian edition, but all versions of Destiny for the PS4, whether through the website or via the PS4 only offer the normal purchase options

intrusionmovie said:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-version-get-destiny-digital-ps4-version-free

I called Sony support and they said you can't download it for your ps4 until the actual launch time, or it will charge you also for the ps4 version.

So far it looks like you cannot preload on PS4 with this deal and it won't be available until actual launch. :(

neoism

No idea where to even begin, fuck it. lol
Whatever account you want to unlink you have to link either a google or a facebook account I just made facebook accounts because its easier. Once you link that log out then log back in with your facebook or goggle account you just linked and unlink your psn or xbox. Then log out again and log in your OG MAIN account and link what you will. I think I know why it was fucking me over was because I have auto loggin and I ended up linking my xbox account to my psn lol Thats why I had to make two facebook accounts, good thing I have like a million emails lol
Yep. That's exactly how it worked for me in the beta.

<3

Marvel

could never
Whatever account you wait to unlink you have to link either a google or a facebook account I just made facebook accounts because its easier. Once you link that log out then log back in with your facebook or goggle account you just linked and unlink your psn or xbox. Then log out again and log in your OG MAIN account and link what you will. I think I know why it was fucking me over was because I have auto loggin and I ended up linking my xbox account to my psn lol Thats why I had to make two facebook accounts lol good think I have like a million emails lol
Awesome, thanks for this.

I'm going to try tomorrow morning when I'm not so tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom