• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyralax

Banned
Anyone else not able to download the vanguard armory? It keeps giving me an error code and it did the same thing with inFamous: First Light.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
for weremichael. hope you like it
3gYMaBJ.jpg

EDIT: yay

chippy13

so I turn on my PS4 and there is Destiny staring me in the face. Didn't think that it would bother me, but all I can do now is just sit there watching the countdown to Tuesday.

Trace

Banned
so I turn on my PS4 and there is Destiny staring me in the face. Didn't think that it would bother me, but all I can do now is just sit there watching the countdown to Tuesday.

I had the same feeling earlier. It's so hard to know that it's right there, only you can't play it.

Garland7G

Just read this bit from the Bungie weekly news:

Destiny really begins at Level 20. Afterwards, each player’s power is displayed as their Light Level – this is the yellow number in their nameplate post-20 in the Tower. The way to increase that Level? Get better gear.

So its basically Gearscore...
This is the reason I left WoW all those years ago. Once you realize the game is just a gear treadmill it really kills the enjoyment (for me anyway).
For those that don't know the treadmill, it boils down to getting the best gear in the game (which destiny will now even translate into a lvl number)
and then they pop out a new expansion which makes all the gear you spent months (or however long) earning suddenly not as good.
Then you begin the process all over again. WoW was really horrible with the rep grinds...
Its not a bad way to design a game, but its one I'm tired of. Still, the Alpha and Beta were fun as hell and I could stand to lose a few pounds on the treadmill for now...

chippy13

Anyone else not able to download the vanguard armory? It keeps giving me an error code and it did the same thing with inFamous: First Light.

I was getting the same error, then I checked under related items and it showed that it was installed with the same timer as the game.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

zlatko

Banned
Am I the only one here playing the game with their SO? >_>

Heck, she's buying me the PS4 <_<

Hey Emitan, your avatar is siiiiiick! Make it yourself?

I new a Destiny Warlock avatar to board this hype train without breaks full blast!

Anyone got some Warlock avatar sexiness to pass around?

Trace

Banned
I'm fine with LE :) Bot was kinda cool but knowing me I'll shove it in a corner somewhere and it'll never be seen again.

If the bot was more like $30 I might have been able to sway myself, the extra $50 just wasn't worth it when I thought I could pretty much get a new game for that.

Karl Hawk

Banned
So guys, Do you think most people will burn out on Destiny after 2 weeks from release? Some people believe that two weeks from release, most people will already burn all through the content itself.

At least I hope the OT regulars stay here. At least for a month or two. ;)

LowParry

So guys, Do you think most people will burn out on Destiny after 2 weeks from release? Some people believe that two weeks from release, most people will already burn all through the content itself.

Naw, the burn out will probably happen after a couple months. But then we get expansion and the thirst returns.

Where is the patch? I didn't see it. Please tell me they didn't take it out.

Yes! and those sweet traveller chromes they promised.

http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy/editions

They are all in the bottom left hand corner on that site, but I didn't see them in that unboxing at all.

edit: the golden age relics aren't even mentioned in the text on that page. They might have dropped them...which would make me very sad, I wanted those.

Oh no, not at all. Even once I get a high level with my Warlock, I'll level the others up, and there's always crucible.

PvE, maybe... Depends what Bungie have planned. Given the amount of hours I poured into PvP with just two maps and limited loot, I can envision myself playing that fora long, long time.

I know I'll still play. I didn't burn out from just playing the beta.

TheContact

*sigh* my co-worker who originally said she would work for me on Tuesday now has bailed on me and said she mixed up her days and said that Tuesday is her daughter's birthday party. Now I have to work on Destiny's release! Arghhhh

*sigh* my co-worker who originally said she would work for me on Tuesday now has bailed on me and said she mixed up her days and said that Tuesday is her daughter's birthday party. Now I have to work on Destiny's release! Arghhhh
To make you feel better. The servers will probably be down for most of it.

Trace

Banned

Come down with the mysterious 24 hour flu.

Yes! and those sweet traveller chromes they promised.

http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy/editions

They are all in the bottom left hand corner on that site, but I didn't see them in that unboxing at all.

edit: the golden age relics aren't even mentioned in the text on that page. They might have dropped them...which would make me very sad, I wanted those.

Yeah, I just read it and they are gone. I am tempted to cancel my preorder. Edition seems bare now, but I still want the ghost. :( This really stinks.

zlatko

Banned
Can someone avatarize this image for me and include a Destiny logo in the lower left perhaps?

Lack of photoshop skills. :(

WARLOCKHEAD8.jpg

The stuff they're doing with the daily quests and the weekly strike modifiers has me optimistic that the game will have legs for me and my friends.

Kane1345

I saw those comments. Speaking for myself I know I'll be playing for a while and by the time I start to feel the burn out the expansion will drop. Plus DGAF, my friends and the people in this thread will always keep the game interesting :)

Grewitch

Except that's the problem right there. They even explicitly said they weren't allowed to run ads, despite the fact that this basically was one.

Also, "Destiny" is already (and has been for some time) a trademarked name for fragrances. So...there's that.

Exactly, they were chancing it. Did they really expect people to flock over to them on account of this? Or did they just want the buzz (what little there is going to be) that this was going to cause?

Gammacide

The only thing I see taking me away from Destiny is GTAV whenever that releases for PS4. Otherwise I cannot imagine a time in the future when I will NOT want to be playing Destiny. :)

Two weeks seems a little low to me. Going off of what we know about the amount of content, I could see myself playing regularly for 3 weeks, then ducking back in whenever things start to heat up again (especially cool weekly event, expansion release, etc.)

Yeah, I just read it and they are gone. I am tempted to cancel my preorder. Edition seems bare now, but I still want the ghost. :( This really stinks.

I am going to hold out hope that those items are hiding under the second tray that the unboxing guy tried to take out (not very hard), seemed to encounter resistance, and stopped trying.

I can't see them just deciding not to include these. You don't mess with collectors and premium priced items, you can't change the contents of what was promised and I am hoping they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom