• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is this about maximum weekly scores in the achievement list...stuff is going to have a weekly cap? That weekly xp cap sucked in Reach, why would they have it for this game

Seil

I knew nothing about the Jade Rabbit! - Got the emblem in Destiny and didn't think it meant anything.. This is why Bungie is some of the best storytellers!
img1752_02.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbxwiIZQIMw

It's based on Eastern folklore, even the name. The moon rabbit appears in numerous legends, including one involving an elixir of eternal life.

Edit: Ahhh. Right the video explains this =p Carry on then

bombshell

what is this about maximum weekly scores in the achievement list...stuff is going to have a weekly cap? That weekly xp cap sucked in Reach, why would they have it for this game

That is for Crucible marks. In the beta it was 100 weekly max and you got something like 1 point per match.

It's so they can give players a reason to come back every week. There are armor sets that require almost 200, I believe.

SnakeEyes

Banned
If I remember from the Alpha/Beta correctly, there's a cap of 100 Crucible Marks that can be earned a week for PvP. It's something like 50 Victories (2 per win) or 100 Losses (1 per loss.)

With me it was the colour for the Exo, head gear and marks. Tried colour combinations, styles...it ended up looking to busy. My favourite colour is green, so I tried black metal with green eyes and red markings...took it to level 8 and then tried again:

But now I don't like the ear pieces and red eyes. So it's definitely going to be green eyes but need to figure out the right metal skin colour.

Looks kinda like I imagine Marvin the Martian to look sans-helmet. So, awesome.

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody else who ordered from Shopto expecting their game to come a day early (like usual)? Sure I hope so, but will servers be up?

That is for Crucible marks. In the beta it was 100 weekly max and you got something like 1 point per match.

It's so they can give players a reason to come back every week. There are armor sets that require almost 200, I believe.

If I remember from the Alpha/Beta correctly, there's a cap of 100 Crucible Marks that can be earned a week for PvP. It's something like 50 Victories (2 per win) or 100 Losses (1 per loss.)

that kind of sucks. I just like to being able to rank up at my own pace, which is a lot of hours a day; I dont want to be told when to stop. PVP will probably be where I spend a lot of my time after the first week or so also. Also, 50 victories per week? wtf, thats not much at all

bombshell

that kind of sucks. I just like to being able to rank up at my own pace, which is a lot of hours a day; I dont want to be told when to stop. PVP will probably be where I spend a lot of my time after the first week or so also. Also, 50 victories per week? wtf, thats not much at all

But your rank (XP) is not capped per week. It's only the crucible marks, which you can use to buy special gear in the tower.

Grewitch

No I thought the Destiny servers go live globally as soon as it is 12AM on 9/9 in some part of the world. This may be @ 5AM on 9/8 in California... I think I may have heard that somewhere.

That's is what I thought. As soon as it's 12am on 9/9 wherever, it goes live for that region.

Vitanimus

Anybody else who ordered from Shopto expecting their game to come a day early (like usual)? Sure I hope so, but will servers be up?

yep. my order still says processing but I'm hoping they'll dispatch tomorrow. did you get the limited/ghost edition?

Alucrid

Banned
I just can't link my Microsoft Account AND my Sony Account, i can only log in with my Sony Account or my Microsoft account, is that normal ? i'm worried cause my Microsoft One was created like 4 years ago, and my Sony one just before the alpha, which means i won't get the special icon if i play on PS4 :-/

When i try to unlink : That account is actively in use, and must be unlinked before you can use it on this account.

Just make a throwaway facebook account or something, link that to one, log out, then log in through the facebook account, unlink the XBL or PSN account, log into the other XBL or PSN account and link the account you just unlinked.

Lakitu

st5fu
yep. my order still says processing but I'm hoping they'll dispatch tomorrow. did you get the limited/ghost edition?

No, regular edition (I'm poor). Mine still says processing too. I assume it'll be dispatched tomorrow. Shopto have never let me down before.

Vitanimus

No, regular edition (I'm poor). Mine still says processing too. I assume it'll be dispatched tomorrow. Shopto have never let me down before.

ah I see. yeah me neither! although considering the scale and volume of the promotion, it might be one of those rare instances where it arrives not early haha. I have an extremely small hope that the size of the limited edition will mean it'll be dispatched through a courier and not royal mail, so a Sunday delivery has a minuscule chance of actually happening... maybe

Monooboe

It's funny, I had seriously no hype for this game... until I suddenly realized that I wanted to play it, so I ordered the PS4/Destiny bundle!:D So it will double sweetness next week.

NoTacos

That Jade Rabbit origin story was pretty ballin'. Me and Dippzzz explored the moon palace and found this emblem sitting in a hidden chest all the way at the bottom.

That's is what I thought. As soon as it's 12am on 9/9 wherever, it goes live for that region.

No. When it's 9/9 wherever, Bungie's servers are live for everyone.

But if you have a game locked to PSN or XBL digital, you won't be able to play until they unlock it. That's a region centric thing.

If you get a disc copy early, you will be able to play early no matter where you are.

(just clarifying your 'for that region' text..apologies if you knew this and I misunderstood)

Trace

Banned
I'm salty as hell that I can't play early even though I live in PST because other people will be playing before me!

Then I realize I'm not playing until my friends are on and that's not till tuesday morning...

BUT STILL SALTY! SOMEONE GET ME A SHAKER!

Kane1345

I'm salty as hell that I can't play early even though I live in PST because other people will be playing before me!

Then I realize I'm not playing until my friends are on and that's not till tuesday morning...

BUT STILL SALTY! SOMEONE GET ME A SHAKER!

1364194353344.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom