• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a bit off topic, but here goes, maybe someone will be able to help me.

With the announcement that Destiny would have its own settings for Sony headphones, I went ahead and downloaded the app for my Pulse Elites since I didn't even know that there were "preset settings" that you could upload to it. As I was updating my headphones, something happened, and it stopped halfway. What this did was pretty much brick my headphones... Now they won't connect to the Bluetooth thing, and no sound comes from them, other than if I plug them to the controller. Tried resetting the Bluetooth, the headphones, nothing. Also tried bringing back to the factory settings, but again, it'll stop about midway and say that they are off, or disconnected (when they aren't) I am now letting their battery die, and see if that resets the connectivity between them somehow...

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Trace

Banned
Just make a throwaway facebook account or something, link that to one, log out, then log in through the facebook account, unlink the XBL or PSN account, log into the other XBL or PSN account and link the account you just unlinked.

I tried doing that, but it shows my old account that now has the throwaway on it as being 4 years and the new one just being new :/

Ohh well.

zlatko

Banned
D40.png
D40_5.png

D40_3.png

You rock Cup!

This is amazing. Thanks VERY much. :D

6f3.gif

70 hours 37 minutes

Hearing that the final reset occurred makes me want to try and bribe a local mom 'n' pop. Barring that, EU digital will to do.

-griffy-

Banned
It's gonna be a bit off topic, but here goes, maybe someone will be able to help me.

With the announcement that Destiny would have its own settings for Sony headphones, I went ahead and downloaded the app for my Pulse Elites since I didn't even know that there were "preset settings" that you could upload to it. As I was updating my headphones, something happened, and it stopped halfway. What this did was pretty much brick my headphones... Now they won't connect to the Bluetooth thing, and no sound comes from them, other than if I plug them to the controller. Tried resetting the Bluetooth, the headphones, nothing. Also tried bringing back to the factory settings, but again, it'll stop about midway and say that they are off, or disconnected (when they aren't) I am now letting their battery die, and see if that resets the connectivity between them somehow...

Has this ever happened to any of you?
Here are instructions to reset the headset:
https://support.us.playstation.com/...wireless-stereo-headset---elite-edition#reset

First time I'm able to FINALLY equip one of those rare quality lv 10-12 weapons / armor pieces I will be like a Photographer at a fashion show in France.

My share button is not going to survive this game I think. Hell I took over 300 pics during alpha and even more in Beta lol

Afrodium

Banned
So guys, Do you think most people will burn out on Destiny after 2 weeks from release? Some people believe that two weeks from release, most people will already burn all through the content itself.

At least I hope the OT regulars stay here. At least for a month or two. ;)

Don't be afraid of what a bunch of people who haven't played the game yet think. It's anyone's guess at this point. I really don't think that this game will turn into a ghost town though. Look at all the hype on this board. This game is being sold/perceived as the hot new next-gen shooter. That perception alone will give it some legs. Sure, the community will become smaller once CoD:AW releases, but I highly doubt that you'll have a problem finding people to play with even six months out.

pharmx

Everyone wants one unless they give you one for saying something really stupid. One day I will have one and it will be amazing. But first I would need to actually participate in some way.

I'm sure I'll say something stupid before I say something memorable.

-griffy-

Banned
Unfortunately this just makes them work with the computer. I lost all the features included with the headset, meaning the surround sound mode, the game mode, all of that. They also cannot connect to the little bluetooth jack now, so no sound at all if it isn't connected through a wire (which makes the bass and such unusable).

Hmm? There's instructions on that page to set it up with a PC/Mac, but I linked to the part that tells you how to manually reset it, unless you mean you went through this process:

Resetting the headset
If the headset does not respond when you try to operate it, reset it by doing the following:

With the wireless adaptor connected to the PS3 system, insert a small pin or similar object into the hole for the reset button and press down for at least 1 second. The status indicator will flash repeatedly.

Reset_1.jpg

Ensure the headset is switched off. Locate the Mic Mute, Mode & VSS button and hold all three buttons pressed down while switching the headset on. The blue light on the headset will begin to flash as you switch the headset on. If the headset is not connected to a PS3 via USB cable, the light will stay blue when pairing is complete. If the headset is connected to a PS3 via a USB cable the light will flash blue as you switch the power on and will change to red when the pairing complete.
Reset_2.jpg
Reset_3.jpg

I'm really hoping Destiny satisfies my itch for the usual Bungie pvp. I decided not to get the Xbox One (I was going to get it only for MCC this year).

Trace

Banned
I'm really hoping Destiny satisfies my itch for the usual Bungie pvp. I decided not to get the Xbox One (I was going to get it only for MCC this year).

Did you try the beta/alpha? It didn't feel like Halo, but it was still really solid and IMO I liked it more than Halo 4 multiplayer.

Grewitch

No. When it's 9/9 wherever, Bungie's servers are live for everyone.

But if you have a game locked to PSN or XBL digital, you won't be able to play until they unlock it. That's a region centric thing.

If you get a disc copy early, you will be able to play early no matter where you are.

(just clarifying your 'for that region' text..apologies if you knew this and I misunderstood)

Thanks for the correction. Looks like I misunderstood.

Pick it up Digitally on XBox 360 and it'll unlock the XBox One version if you connect to an XBone before January 15th for free.

1st post on page 117.

Did you try the beta/alpha? It didn't feel like Halo, but it was still really solid and IMO I liked it more than Halo 4 multiplayer.

I played the beta and yea it didn't remind me of Halo but I'm hoping it brings in the social aspects and strategy. Though Destiny seems too fast pace for a lot of strategy--hopefully I am wrong.

Pick it up Digitally on XBox 360 and it'll unlock the XBox One version if you connect to an XBone before January 15th for free.

I'm picking it up on my PS4 right now. Destiny is the reason why I'm not getting a Xbox One at the moment (seems like all multiplats will be best on PS4)--maybe next year when Halo 5 and Quantum Break drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom