• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnol

I've been containing the hype reasonably well, but I'm so close to just losing it.

I haven't felt this hyped for a long time.

I know the full release will totally fulfill the hunger too; give me the Beta content again and I'll grin like the Cheshire Cat.

It's happening. I can't believe we made it, we made it to the OT. It's almost surreal to see that beautiful "OT" signpost. Kinda like when titanfall got an OT and I couldn't believe it. Man, I might rolll a titan though. Alpha, rolled a hunter, beta a warlock.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bwja6P4IEAEmbid.jpg

White PS4s in the wild
Ugh I don't want to wait for it. Come out of my pc screen

this was kinda burried in that post with the emblem code. redeem these on Bungie.net

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9

Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A

Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH

Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY

Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K

Hive: 473-MXR-3X9

Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3

Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC

Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA

The Tower: 69P-VCH-337

The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L

Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP

The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG

Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A

The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V

The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7)

Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

You are a hero. Thank you!

MAX PAYMENT

This game looks like crap in videos. That launch trailer was terrible.

Thankfully, I played the beta and know it rocks!

Xbox one, Titan!

Hawk269

Personally, I'd buy it on the xbox, being as you have far more friends on it.

I agree. If he has more friends that will be playing on Xbox One, then that is what he should go for.

I can't wait as well...I am already pre-loaded and ready to roll. Taking Tuesday Off, working early Monday. Going to take a 3-4 hour nap, wake up at 11pm and get ready to game when midnight strikes. I really hope the servers hold up in the first few days.

i-Jest

Does anyone remember the GIF of a guardian dancing while evading enemy fire? It was in one of the withdrawal threads I think. Can't seem to find it.

CHusson91

Banned
This will probably sound like a dumb question, as I know next to nothing about this game, but why are some videos showing third-person gameplay, and others showing first-person? I play on picking this game up on the 9th, because I thought it would be extremely similar to Halo. Could someone explain the differences? Is it based on the chosen class or just a camera setting?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone care to guess the Metacritic score? I'm going for 93. Reviewers won't be able to resist riding that hype.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This will probably sound like a dumb question, as I know next to nothing about this game, but why are some videos showing third-person gameplay, and others showing first-person? I play on picking this game up on the 9th, because I thought it would be extremely similar to Halo. Could someone explain the differences? Is it based on the chosen class or just a camera setting?
Gestures, dancing, special abilities, mounts, and the hub are in 3rd person.

Namikaze1

Does anyone remember the GIF of a guardian dancing while evading enemy fire? It was in one of the withdrawal threads I think. Can't seem to find it.
X50NPcK.gif

Here you go! :)

Edit: Damnit! This is what I get for taking my sweet time searching for it! :(

BLCKATK

The game is in first person except when you are in a vehicle, in the hub, or gestures or using a special move, then it goes into third person.

EDIT: Beaten hard.

Wounded

Can't wait for this. Promised to play with a friend, but I think the game will be replayable enough that I can have a solo character on the side.

First person for everything, but being in the tower(the social hub), dancing/other emotes, your special and lastly vehicles.

I want to be hyped for this game but i'm just deflated.

At least I will be surprised if it turns out being good. That's always a good feeling.

I think the game is going to be too heavily focused on repeating areas and randomly spawning enemy groups that aren't that fun to fight.

jwk94

It's an FPS but certain actions like using an emoticon, using your special, or going to the tower, are done in third-person.

At least I will be surprised if it turns out being good. That's always a good feeling.

I think the game is going to be too heavily focused on repeating areas and randomly spawning enemy groups that aren't that fun to fight.

Did you play the Beta, if so did you enjoy it? If not, then I wouldn't buy Destiny. The game is going to be basically more of what you already saw.

Question for those of you who picked up the Destiny edition of Newsweek; Is it worth buying? Is there any good info or anything in there?

BigShow36

I'm kind of in the same boat. Luckily I'm really just going to purchase Destiny as a bridge between now and MCC. I still can't believe they only have 4 locations to explore (I know, I know, each one is "huge") and none of them look as exotic as I would have hoped. I mean, we're space-faring magician warriors in the 28th century, and the furthest we can go is Jupiter?

I certainly had fun with the beta, but I'm not expecting the game to hold my interest past a couple of months.

Got my digital pre-order set for xbox one! I have avoided the beta experiences, videos, and almost all information about this game. I know the general premise, but I really wanted this to be a fresh gaming experience. I have trust in Bungie due to all of their great work with the Halo series.

I am still baffled that Microsoft is not giving digital purchasers the same benefits as pre-ordering a physical copy (10 dollar digital coupon)

GeoramA

This multiplayer hater is pretty goddamn excited. The Alpha and Beta were the best pair of not-technically demos pretty much ever.

Compsiox

Banned
I can't believe it's finally happening. I've waited since the end of Halo 3 (almost 7 years) for this day to come!

I went all out:
PS4 for Destiny
PS+ for Destiny
Ghost Edition
Swag
Midnight Release

My Destiny is real.

Xamdou

this was kinda burried in that post with the emblem code. redeem these on Bungie.net

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9

Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A

Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH

Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY

Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K

Hive: 473-MXR-3X9

Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3

Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC

Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA

The Tower: 69P-VCH-337

The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L

Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP

The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG

Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A

The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V

The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7)

Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

What's all this?

Did you play the Beta, if so did you enjoy it? If not, then I wouldn't buy Destiny. The game is going to be basically more of what you already saw.

I played the alpha and the beta and didn't care for the bullet sponge bosses that barely do anything except kill you if you're not behind cover.

I also thought the multiplayer was kind of dull. Felt like they were going for a call of duty crowd. Maps weren't real interesting.

Hercamer

Neo Member
The worst part of this launch for my crew is the massive exam we have on 9/12. Must. wait. till. after. FUCK.

Been a while since hype was this intense!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've been containing the hype reasonably well, but I'm so close to just losing it.
I've felt only the faintest excitement since the beta ended. Which is really nice -- heavily anticipating a game can be painful, lol. But now that it's so close it's definitely on my mind more. The first post-Halo Bungie game ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom