• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylas

Super dumb question I know has been addressed before bit I don't have the will to go through 336 pages so sorry for asking this:

If I buy Destiny on PS3 and my friends on PS4 will I be able to play with them? If not, is there any word from the developers about any potential change in this?

You cannot. There are no plans to change this.

Deku Tree

Super dumb question I know has been addressed before bit I don't have the will to go through 336 pages so sorry for asking this:

If I buy Destiny on PS3 and my friends on PS4 will I be able to play with them? If not, is there any word from the developers about any potential change in this?

No you only play against or with people on the same hardware.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like another defiance just without the tv show

There is no cross-gen play unfortunately and I don't think that will change. However, your character data can cross over if you decide to get a PS4 later. So you won't lose progress. Also, if you happen to have bought the Digital Version for PS3, you'll be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for free once you get that console, so long as you do so before January 15th.

PigzFly

I guess since I've already got the Digital Guardian Edition, I can't redeem the Vanguard Armoury code I got in the Ghost Edition.

So I guess I have a spare Vanguard Armoury code to throw out to whoever is quick.

Truant

First impressions.

Good:

- Decent and clean graphics, great design work
- Inspired areas
- Combat feels great so far
- Fun to see other players in both the missions and the open world segments
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- World feels dead and sterile, even with players and enemies fighting at in the open
- Missions are terrible and end abruptly without any real conclusion
- No context to story, characters, world, or anything. Maybe things will be explained, but right now it just feels completely random and without any real emotion or driving force
- Loading times and mission select design is dated and very clunky. Especially visiting the tower
- Player interaction is minimal so far
- Gear and weapons all look the same (although I'm pretty early)
- Respawning enemies in single-player missions could be toned down
- No feeling of leaving any impact on the world
- Press square to ghost

Trakan

Anyone hear anything about them adding in more control schemes? I can't believe there wasn't a Halo control scheme in a Bungie game.

Fisty

Sounds like a plan! Nah, I can't fall asleep until 11pm unless I had a super busy day. I just sat around playing minecraft most of the day. I'll check at midnight just in case, then get up around 7am to play.

Ill send Apone over, he knows how to wake up a snarky space marine.

Apone_Look.jpg

DestinyGAF, hold me. I am starting to get concerned about my PS4 bundle!

gasp.gif

Have you clicked Track package? Mine looks exactly like that, but I know it's been shipped and I have the tracking number. I wouldn't worry anyway because Amazon US usually sticks to their guaranteed delivery date. The site is just slow to update, hell, my garden warfare still says shipped and not delivered.

MMaRsu

And there is you're problem. Expecting huge changes from Beta is a guaranteed let down every time.

Huge changes? More like opening up your game and building on early missions lol. Listening to your community etc.

Damn you guys are so damn defensive fuck. Lets not act like this game is the second coming of christ.

Afro

They didn't change a thing apart from nerfing the interceptor.

Auto rifles are still king because fuck using other weapons right. Oh and yeah the MP is still laggy as shit because they decided to not spend any of the fuck ton of money they will make on dedicated servers. Baffling.

This can't be real. Has the recoil been increased even a little? What about aim assist? Still bad?

First impressions.

Good:

- Inspired areas
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- World feels dead and sterile, even with players and enemies fighting at in the open
- No context to story, characters, world, or anything. Maybe things will be explained, but right now it just feels completely random and without any real emotion or driving force
- Loading times and mission select design is dated and very clunky. Especially visiting the tower
- Press square to ghost

My biggest fear/complaint about this game.

Lazslo

So I'm literally at Best Buy now about to get a new XBone for Destiny tonight - My apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I have a question and I cant find the answer- Gaf is my only hope:
- I downloaded 3 or 4 games that I purchased On My Gamertag right off Xbox Live Store on an XBone that me and my Brother split. I just moved out and let him keep the XBone. My question is: Will I be able to redownload these games that I bought on my new XBone? Please help if you can- Thank you!

-Amon-

Played a couple of hours, now time for some sleep.

Feels exactly like the beta ( first 4 story missions)

Good stuff.

Huge changes? More like opening up your game and building on early missions lol. Listening to your community etc.

Damn you guys are so damn defensive fuck. Lets not act like this game is the second coming of christ.

Changes in mission design like that would probably take longer than the time they had left between the end of Beta and the release date since they'd have to design it, code it, test it, fix the inevitable bugs, pass cert, print and then ship the game.

PuMa

Hah! You came back!

Truant

Thanks for sharing. What level are you at?

Around 5. I'm enjoying the game, and maybe the missions will vary later on. So far the promise of loot and crazy worlds to explore keeps me going.

I'm just a little underwhelmed, it doesn't feel like the modern 2014 take on the MMO/shooter hybrid I feel we were promised. My guess is that the old consoles are largely to blame here.

First impressions.

Good:

- Inspired areas
- Loot!
- Challenging bosses
- Neat menus

Bad:

- Press square to ghost
Sounds like all my complaints regarding the beta are still here.

Oh well I guess...

Maybe they'll get it right with a current gen exclusive Destiny 2.

fritzo

3 questions...
1. warlock or hunter? played both. i like hunter but the super isn't as effective as the others.
2. hows the crucible matchmaking? i would hate to be in a game with nothing but higher level players.

... 3. why aren't these servers on now for us digital buyers!? thanx GAF!

jhawk6

So I'm literally at Best Buy now about to get a new XBone for Destiny tonight - My apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I have a question and I cant find the answer- Gaf is my only hope:
- I downloaded 3 or 4 games that I purchased On My Gamertag right off Xbox Live Store on an XBone that me and my Brother split. I just moved out and let him keep the XBone. My question is: Will I be able to redownload these games that I bought on my new XBone? Please help if you can- Thank you!

Yes u can, just recover your tag on your new xbone and you can redownload your games no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom