• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is known

PUKUReF.gif
We Hunters are just too cool for everyone else.

BokehKing

Banned
Let me back in, I went out in the wild for a few minutes and the hate is so damn strong out there its unreal, the lack of faith is disturbing and all that.

With that said, the hype levels are through the roof for me right now

I really like those serious trailers too, but basically everything we have gotten for Destiny so far has been super serious. Having something a little more light hearted was nice.
It was a nice trailer. But it had no emotional impact. There's a reason I'm still watching the halo trailers to this day I doubt I'll be watching this trailer at any point past this week.

But hey that's fine. As to the Guardians of the Galaxy vibe I guess. To a minimum in the humorous tone. But they didn't really say anything especially funny. Just a bunch of one liners.

Not sure about everywhere, but 12AM PST / 3AM EST for NA.

hmm gamestop.com is advertising "Pre-order: This item will be available to download on 9/09/2014, 12:01 AM CST " no pre-load // get it at midnight. Pre-load // get it at 2 am or go physical and get it at midnight with no download required. Hrm, physical might be my way

Cuphead

Banned
hmm gamestop.com is advertising "Pre-order: This item will be available to download on 9/09/2014, 12:01 AM CST " no pre-load // get it at midnight. Pre-load // get it at 2 am or go physical and get it at midnight with no download required. Hrm, physical might be my way

I live 5 minutes from a gamestop...but I really want my digital edition.. but I want to play asap..life is hard.

atrossity

Banned
So I've decided to buy a ps4 for destiny.

Of course the destiny ps4 bundle is the first thing to come to mind, but I do want the deluxe edition extras.

1) is there an option to upgrade your standard edition to get the extras at launch ?

2) does anyone know which retailers might have the destiny bundle day one ? I'd like to use amazon but I'm weary of having the game and console shipped on the day I'd like to play.

Beyond that, any advice?

Of course the destiny ps4 bundle is the first thing to come to mind, but I do want the deluxe edition extras.

1) is there an option to upgrade your standard edition to get the extras at launch ?

2) does anyone know which retailers might have the destiny bundle day one ? I'd like to use amazon but I'm weary of having the game and console shipped on the day I'd like to play.

Beyond that, any advice?

if you have amazon prime you should be able to get release date delivery still. You can not upgrade your version due to LE and Ghost Editions being sold out.

Rosur

Just got a notification that my ghost edition's been dispatched. Then 10 mins later the internet in my house has gone down due to BT connection issue coincided I think not :p

Lee

Let me back in, I went out in the wild for a few minutes and the hate is so damn strong out there its unreal, the lack of faith is disturbing and all that.

It's not just a lack of faith but a bunch of the same people who seem to take every available chance to shit on the game and the hype. It's silly.

SDCowboy

I still think the hunter class would have looked much cooler if they were more Tusken Raider and less...cape. They just don't look space hunter enough to me.

MidEvlDed

I'm still undecided on what class/race to play. Every time I think I've decided I get cold feet. I want to have one character that I focus on. Eventually I may start another character but I know I won't have 3 fully leveled characters, not going to happen.

I liked the Titan in the beta. But I also like the Warlock's grenade. And i think the Hunter's invisibility could be incredibly effective/annoying in PvP.

I have no idea still...

Respect

Beyond that, any advice?

I think someone (weremichael?) was asking about your question 1 earlier in the thread and I believe the answer was there is not way to upgrade the bundle with the extras. (Not positive on that though, was back a few pages)

For number 2...I would think any retailer would...don't believe it will be nearly as difficult to get the bundle as it would be to get the LE or Ghost edition...I could be way off though.

Well you would still have to download the game so depending on your connection it may be 2 am before you are able to play it (since I believe you won't be able to pre-load it)

That is true, think it is the same way with the amazon digital orders...you need the code from them to even start the download so there would be no preloading.

robo

I'm still undecided on what class/race to play. Every time I think I've decided I get cold feet. I want to have one character that I focus on. Eventually I may start another character but I know I won't have 3 fully leveled characters, not going to happen.

I liked the Titan in the beta. But I also like the Warlock's grenade. And i think the Hunter's invisibility could be incredibly effective/annoying in PvP.

I have no idea still...

all three to lvl20 and then pick one for the extra leveling and raid/strike stuff

lol at the comments on the youtube page for the video. people complaining about air on the moon and venus being too hot for people to walk on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom