• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

WEEEEEE!
iO07QSID50jWS.gif
"Immediately upon landing, we were surrounded by a horde of Ogres, Knights, and things I can't even begin to explain. They, the Guardians, threw everything but the kitchen sink at them but it was futile. Not a single scratch was made. The Hunter was the first to fall. Instead of using his golden gun, he chose to pull his blades out and get up close. It proved to be a fatal mistake. He was crushed before he could even swipe their hide with his blades. The Warlock came next. While keeping a few of the Ogres and Knights at bay, she was blindsided by a Knight. It slammed the Hunter's blades on her skull. Not even her healing magic could have save her. The Titan was the last to fall, and his fate was far worse than the others. His limbs were torn right out of their sockets before he could even perform his legendary Fist of Havoc. They beat him into a bloody pulp with his own limbs. I escaped, seeking out a way to avenge them... A way to save this world and all the others.

My journey proved pointless...

That is till I found you."

Peter Dinklage aka Ghost to you, the player.

Respect

I didn't play much of the pvp in the beta.
Are the classes balanced well for pvp?

For Beta it was fine overall in my experience, but we won't really know until we're all level 20 and have top level gear and specs to get a really good idea of how balanced it is. Good thing is, there are only 3 classes and 6 specs total, which should be much easier to balance than a standard MMO with 7-8 classes and 20+ specs

Anybody know for sure if the servers are up yet or not?

My understanding is there aren't even on until the 8th.

Marvel

could never
"Immediately upon landing, we were surrounded by a horde of Ogres, Knights, and things I can't even begin to explain. They, the Guardians, threw everything but the kitchen sink at them but it was futile. Not a single scratch was made. The Hunter was the first to fall. Instead of using his golden gun, he chose to pull his blades out and get up close. It proved to be a fatal mistake. He was crushed before he could even swipe their hide with his blades. The Warlock came next. While keeping a few of the Ogres and Knights at bay, she was blindsided by a Knight. It slammed the Hunter's blades on her skull. Not even her healing magic could have save her. The Titan was the last to fall, and his fate was far worse than the others. His limbs were torn right out of their sockets before he could even perform his legendary Fist of Havoc. They beat him into a bloody pulp with his own limbs. I escaped, seeking out a way to avenge them... A way to save this world and all the others.

Bravo!

We are ODST has that awesome bagpipes song. Each time they made one of those I remind myself how the halo movie never happened and I get sad.
Well yes, but it's for the cause :) Those robes will only take you so far.
You two have no idea how glide works do you? Warlocks float slower to the surface. Even if she jumped first she'll land way after those two.

Rflagg

hmm gamestop.com is advertising "Pre-order: This item will be available to download on 9/09/2014, 12:01 AM CST " no pre-load // get it at midnight. Pre-load // get it at 2 am or go physical and get it at midnight with no download required. Hrm, physical might be my way

Going to trust psn more then gamestop on this and it still says pre-load on 9/7. I pre-ordered through psn, but not sure why it would make a difference with digital. I guess this would be a cruel joke on me since the whole reason I went digital was the small chance I would be able to play early, due to the story going around the internet about bungie opening servers when clocks strikes midnight somewhere in the world.

Tovarisc

Like I said in another thread this live action trailer was way too cheesy for my taste. Would have liked slightly more serious tone on this one, but then I'm maybe biased because I really like Halo's live action stuff.

Good song choice tho!

Marvel

could never
I applaud Bungie's decision to go for a more jovial tone for this trailer, from what we've been shown for many months be it teases, alpha or beta gameplay cut scenes it has all been all serious and a little hokey at times :p

I didn't want another "The darkness is coming Guardian, you're our only hope" vibe.

Great song choice too.

kilongs

Me (the player) to the Ghost after hearing his story:

D:
"...No thanks."

Cuphead

Banned
I applaud Bungie's decision to go for a more jovial tone for this trailer, from what we've been shown for many months be it teases, alpha or beta gameplay cut scenes it has all been all serious and a little hokey at times :p

I didn't want another "The darkness is coming Guardian, you're our only hope" vibe.

Great song choice too.

It works great with the whole teamwork vibe this game has.

Respect

No way for the public to know til we max level and try to break it.

It's funny because you just know someone is going to find some broken spec that will have an advantage in PvP and then everyone will go that spec/class just in time for the nerf.

It would be great if it is all fairly balanced with only minor tweaks, but the realist in me just assumes it will happen. With no real info, I have a feeling it will be a titan sub-class that someone somehow figures out a broken good build for PvP.

Tovarisc

Buy an Xbox One, Choose a Game for Free – Sept. 7 – 13

For one week only – from September 7 through September 13 – when you buy an Xbox One from participating retailers in the U.S., you’ll get a free Xbox One game of your choice.

And the sky’s the limit: Whether you want to lock-and-load with your friends in Destiny.

Source

PS4 + Destiny bundle on Amazon atm is 450 USD

X1 without Kinect is 399 USD

Nice "bundle" by MS for Destiny's initial release window, I can see this moving some X1's.

Grewitch

I really like those serious trailers too, but basically everything we have gotten for Destiny so far has been super serious. Having something a little more light hearted was nice.

I agree with this. It's good to have a sombre tone but you need to balance it otherwise it becomes highly melodramatic and looses the mood it was trying to establish.

More levity, I say.

TheHall

I want that voice actor of the Titan in my game and have him throw one liners at all times.

Maybe i should just get a Sam L Jackson soundboard somewhere.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Have they shown any 'bosses' larger than the one in the beta? I wonder if we'll fight anything scarab sized.

Nah. Though there's a Mars strike where you fight off
Valus Tau'urc, a Fleet Commander in the Cabal Empire during the boss fight at the end

Not only that, he's fucking huge compared to Guardians. But then again, Cabal Colossus are huge and taller than Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom