• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

WOOT!

Hey urk just tweeted me that the audio team is on it! Audio profile forthcoming, Guardians!

Nice, I was wondering if we'd get one. It can really make a difference; the audio balance in D3 on PS4 for example is pretty bad and detracts a bit from my enjoyment of the game.

Linconan

Don't jump the gun, just yet...
They may have told the Courier to not deliver it until the Tuesday.

Nah mate, she'll be here Monday :)
Not couriered, just Au Post Express,lol, i think they think we don't get Express packages from the mainland from where i live. Classed as Rural...*giggles and whispers*...But, it's not. LOLOLOL

TneEloj.gif

Edit: ooh I'm a proper Member now!

Congratulations

Anastasis

Awesome, thanks! Just curious, do you know if the 10 hours lefts to buy is actually true or does the seller just keep relisting it?

I don't think they will relist it, at least not right away. If you miss out, another way to get it for the same price (if you live in the US) would be to try to get a 10% off coupon for either BestBuy or Target (even better for the Destiny bundle). They are in some packets at the Post Office for people who are moving. But it isn't guaranteed and depending on the State you live in, you'll be paying tax. If you buy from eBay you'll likely only be charged tax for the following States:

California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Tennessee, New York, Washington

Kei-

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know if Sony Stores are going to carry the white Destiny Bundle? I don't see it on the site, but I'm not sure if that's because they don't have pre-orders or something (wishful thinking). Basically I am in a position where I can get the bundle, but it has to be from the Sony Store. Maybe they'll have them next week? I'm going to call in the morning but thought I'd ask.

Yes, there are still a few of those stores left lol

Not sure if this applies to anyone else. But I messaged Achronos to get clarification on switching between platforms. It seems that you're able to do it continuously

Pv4gLYi.png
Yeah man, you could do it in the beta. One of my first surprises was playing on PS3 through my unreliable wireless connection, getting dropped during a mission, and then booting up the PS4 version and resuming from the checkpoint. Outstanding.

Someone should GIF nodding DeeJ at the open of the video. Hilarious.

Anastasis

Not sure if posted, but here's a walkthrough of the Dust Palace Strike (PS exclusive strike)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6eFgqDnK7M

It's on Mars, only available after you get to level 18.

Highly replayable strike, major combatants and enemy captains spawn randomly, takes 25-30 minutes to complete.

Looks awesome!

On the Beta, a couple of friends and I kept grinding the one strike and it never got old. Can't wait for this!

cant wait to do this a year from now!
So you're getting Destiny on PlayStation?

It is such a huge bummer that I can't carry my Guardians between Xbox and PlayStation. I don't understand why Blizzard was able to do it but Bungie wasn't, considering they've suggested it was something the platform-holders pushed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Really dig the idea of randomized enemy spawns for Strikes. Nice way to keep those feeling fresh and replayable.

daedalius

So you're getting Destiny on PlayStation?

It is such a huge bummer that I can't carry my Guardians between Xbox and PlayStation. I don't understand why Blizzard was able to do it but Bungie wasn't, considering they've suggested it was something the platform-holders pushed.

I don't get it, isn't the strike exclusive for a year from launch?

oh, hah I see...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
We fought Level 8 walkers then. Taking on 5-6 level 20 versions all at once? Math is right, I'd run out of ammo.

Accept the challenge, friend.

If the Raid doesn't put us in a room with 3 Devil Walkers and 3 versions of Sepiks Prime, I'll be disappointed.

Dredd97

Not long now GAF not long now....!

But seriously I hope I can play a bit on Tuesday or will I be on GAF reading the 'great Destiny server meltdown' thread... ;)

Noob question, Gaf:

Is there any difference between purchasing the digital copy through the PS Store and Amazon? Preloading, bonuses, etc?

I'm in Australia, so I was just going to do the whole, 'buy Amazon PSN Cards, redeem on US Sony store' thing, but cutting out the middle man seems a good option.

Many thanks!

Accept the challenge, friend.

If the Raid doesn't put us in a room with 3 Devil Walkers and 3 versions of Sepiks Prime, I'll be disappointed.

6 walkers isn't difficult, just time consuming if they continue to have high health. Of course, I'd kill them all with my knife if I have to.

KeRaSh

Still wondering if we will have to download another 20ish GB of Destiny on launch day with the current XBO preload only being 18 GB...
I have a shitty 3 Mbit connection at my current place but will get a 100 Mbit connection installed in my new appartment on Monday so if shit hits the fan I will grab my PS4 during lunch break on the 9th an hook it up at my new place and take it back home after work.

Every cell inside my body is ready!

Seil

Noob question, Gaf:

Is there any difference between purchasing the digital copy through the PS Store and Amazon? Preloading, bonuses, etc?

I'm in Australia, so I was just going to do the whole, 'buy Amazon PSN Cards, redeem on US Sony store' thing, but cutting out the middle man seems a good option.

Many thanks!

Content should be the same, but with Amazon you'd probably have to wait til the 9th to get your code - meaning no preload. Not certain if that's the case, but if you want to preload I wouldn't risk it without confirmation.

The only retailer bonuses out there are the red sparrow and the blacksmith shader. I don't know about the shader's availability outside of GameStop, but GAME and EB Games are supposed to offer the sparrow in other regions.

Other than that, there's just the emblem and skins for buying LE/Ghost or Digital Guardian editions. Also Vanguard Armory, but that's available to anyone who pre-orders to my knowledge and is just an early access thing.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Based on how powerful I think a well coordinated team of 6 Level 26+ Guardians should be, the Raid needs to have some ridiculous enemy combinations if it's going to provide the challenge I hope it does.

Still wondering if we will have to download another 20ish GB of Destiny on launch day with the current XBO preload only being 18 GB...
I have a shitty 3 Mbit connection at my current place but will get a 100 Mbit connection installed in my new appartment on Monday so if shit hits the fan I will grab my PS4 during lunch break on the 9th an hook it up at my new place and take it back home after work.

Every cell inside my body is ready!

I can't put into to words how awful that possibility is. Let us launch the pre-load and continue downloading on 9/7 if that's the case.

Noob question, Gaf:

Many thanks!

I'm in AU too, went with PSN purchase over amazon simply because PSN will allow pre-load from 07/09. Everything else is the same.

darthbob

Is it just me or does the game look better than the Beta?

Graphics look way better in this gif than I remember it being in the Beta.

Looks like the contrast has been cranked up, like a tumblr gif.

Other than that, it looks the same to me as the Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom