• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valravn

I dislike that live action trailer. It totally kills the atmosphere the game has and makes it look like a Michael Bay action shooter.

SirNinja

Still wondering if we will have to download another 20ish GB of Destiny on launch day with the current XBO preload only being 18 GB...

The 18 GB download is very likely compressed data. (Hopefully, anyway. Having millions of people download 20+ GB on launch day is not the best idea.)

Ark

Beautiful, love the lighting and atmosphere.

UnluckyShrillCaudata.gif

Woah where is this? Haven't seen this gif before but it's made me more excited for Destiny than I have been since the beta!

I dislike that live action trailer. It totally kills the atmosphere the game has and makes it look like a Michael Bay action shooter.

Probably when you play with friends you tend to be silly and have a good time; expect to take what is given to you and turn into something special. These characters aren't written as characters but instead as an experience that Bungie wanted to share.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Probably when you play with friends you tend to be silly and have a good time; expect to take what is given to you and turn into something special. These characters aren't written as characters but instead as an experience that Bungie wanted to share.

Exactly, unless you RP full time in your Fireteam (which I have nothing against... It's just not how I roll), this is the kind of banter you may expect from people having fun in the game.

Good times clearing the darkness, blinking with 'nade drops.

KeRaSh

The 18 GB download is very likely compressed data. (Hopefully, anyway. Having millions of people download 20+ GB on launch day is not the best idea.)

That would mean the XBO preload doesn't install after downloading until the game is released? Or ist it just that nobody has actually checked the install size afterwards to confirm that it's closer to 40 GB?
I'm still hoping that it's like the beta where the game still downloaded data in the background after the initial download finished. The second download started without having to start the client so in that case we would be fine, even with a still locked game.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Nice, did you end up going with that outfit in Hamilton?

I'm eyeing up Fibre for October, off contract with Vodafone then....
Yup, Lightwire. UFF is installing the day after I get my Wisdom Teeth out :D

They're also trialling Global Mode too, so I don't lose anything going from Slingshot to them!

I've got an issue with Destiny so far...

There's no specific Destiny "Theme Song".

There's certainly a LOT of Motifs, and there is that F G C Three note Jingle that pervades the game, and it's all AMAZING work by Marty, Mike, and the audio team at Bungie.

But still.. there's nothing akin to Halo's.. well, "Halo", and the 343i trilogy's "117" (Neil Davige is Amazing, btw).

Closest thing so far from what we've seen is "The Last Array", which is Freaking amazeballs, though.

I've got an issue with Destiny so far...

There's no specific Destiny "Theme Song".

There's certainly a LOT of Motifs, and there is that F G C Three note Jingle that pervades the game, and it's all AMAZING work by Marty, Mike, and the audio team at Bungie.

But still.. there's nothing akin to Halo's.. well, "Halo", and the 343i trilogy's "117" (Neil Davige is Amazing, btw).

Closest thing so far from what we've seen is "The Last Array", which is Freaking amazeballs, though.

My post from one of the beta threads:

The "main theme" starts at 3:46, with the whole track being the full suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkNBJsx3WLs
The menu music's first movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKfd5EKBtI
These 6 notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeDaevD7cEo#t=6m55s
This track also features that "jingle": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK9MhC7bvM

SirNinja

That would mean the XBO preload doesn't install after downloading until the game is released? Or ist it just that nobody has actually checked the install size afterwards to confirm that it's closer to 40 GB?

If I had to guess, the former. It is just a guess though; I have zero idea how the X1 does preloading.

My post from one of the beta threads:

The "main theme" starts at 3:46, with the whole track being the full suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkNBJsx3WLs
The menu music's first movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKfd5EKBtI
These 6 notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeDaevD7cEo#t=6m55s
This track also features that "jingle": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK9MhC7bvM

Don't forget this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7rSLgLfW0
The track plays during the scene where you first meet the Speaker, but it plays randomly in menus as well. Really really good stuff, could even be a main theme for the series.

Yoday

I have a really hard time believing that they compressed 40GB down to 18GB for the download. I am expecting XB1 users to have to download the rest when the game launches, or maybe they will release more of the data a day or two before launch. Who knows, maybe the 18GB listing is just wrong or something.

Marvel

could never
At the rate we're going we're gonna need OT2 soony.

Is it just me or does the game look better than the Beta?

Graphics look way better in this gif than I remember it being in the Beta.

The Bunge did say the final product would look better than Alpha/Beta code.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hah, for once it's not my fault! I can still claim victory in the Alpha and Beta threads though... >.>

22% Marvel post rate in here, he's almost 1 post per 5 posts...

I was PM'ing and goofing off with him when me and him were 1 & 2 in posting
I kept teasing him with breathing down your neck, looks like that squid inked his ass away from me =/

I'm busy playing Lego Marvel

Schwabe

Hello Guardians,

i just checked the PSN(web)Store (EU), pre-ordered Destiny (again and on top of the Ghost Edition), so there is a 17.4GB File waiting in my DL-queue... But i am not at home and my PS4 is not in stand-by. So, is pre-loading activated on PSN?

SnakeEyes

Banned
22% Marvel post rate in here, he's almost 1 post per 5 posts...

I was PM'ing and goofing off with him when me and him were 1 & 2 in posting
I kept teasing him with breathing down your neck, looks like that squid inked his ass away from me =/

I'm busy playing Lego Marvel
Geez, I didn't know trying to beat my post count was suct an underground competition... ^_^

Hello Guardians,

i just checked the PSN(web)Store (EU), pre-ordered Destiny (again and on top of the Ghost Edition), so there is a 17.4GB File waiting in my DL-queue... But i am not at home and my PS4 is not in stand-by. So, is pre-loading activated on PSN?
Yeah, you can preload on PSN from 07/09.

Number45

All of my redeemed codes have a "use now" next to them on bungie.net, no reason I shouldn't go ahead and click them I assume?

Kane1345

Morning guys

GRbCiyu.jpg

not paint but close. looking for new ideas for the next one.

Are you going to start selling these because they're awesome.

That colour scheme is really ugly lol

Hello Guardians,

Preload on PSN is 9/7

Number45

I clicked them all. You just get Grimoire cards for your account.
Cool, thanks. I assume there's still just the original 17 and the new one from planet view?

If Diablo is anything to go by, the EU PSN should charge today! ^_^

I can't believe I paid £85 for this

JimPanzer

Is there a site for clan recruitment?
I'm looking for a smaller european (english or german speaking) clan/group which wants to go deep into raiding. Got years of high tier wow-raiding experience (server first etc.).
So if anyone is looking for a member, hit me up :)

Nursezero

Destiny ads are plenty. I watched hulu this morning and they been popping up at least once a show. I'm not tired of it though, just super excited to play it soon.

faer0n

am i the only one who isn't in a clan anymore? during the beta i was part of EU 3. now the bungie site says i don't have a clan. and there is no set as clan button in the EU 3 group?
anyone else with this problem?

Marvel

could never
am i the only one who isn't in a clan anymore? during the beta i was part of EU 3. now the bungie site says i don't have a clan. and there is no set as clan button in the EU 3 group?
anyone else with this problem?

No, every single one of us was kicked out of our clans by Bungie.

You can rejoin on launch day, when clan functions are back up and running.

And are you squiddin' me?!

That's amazing.

tmespe

The hype is getting real now. Having a hard time deciding which class to play though. I liked them all in the beta. It's too difficult to decide!

Tovarisc

I have to ask as GAF newbie.

How dangerous GAF threads are for getting spoiled around release or do people in GAF actually use tags well?

I won't be getting early copy on Monday (or veeeeeery unlikely) so I know I need stop using Reddit after Sunday, but kinda hope I could read this OT for gameplay impressions without fear of getting slapped to cheeks with story spoilers/details.

Marvel

could never
The Walmart guy in that Venus Strike gameplay video has me dying over here.

"That melee was SICK!" just the way he says it man.

How dangerous GAF threads are for getting spoiled around release or do people in GAF actually use tags well?

I won't be getting early copy on Monday (or veeeeeery unlikely) so I know I need stop using Reddit after Sunday, but kinda hope I could read this OT for gameplay impressions without fear of getting slapped to cheeks with story spoilers/details.

GAF members tend to be respectful most times and do use spoiler tags, you can cop a ban if you don't should a title say you should use them.

SnakeEyes

Banned

You know what'll solve your problem? Bail out of the |OT| entirely come launch! :D

Otherwise you'll be like...
tumblr_m9jqnqrygY1rwqq0uo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom