• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Nwah, servers will be online on the 9/9, not sooner or later.
Most retailers will ship it now, or the latest on Monday, so everyone gets the game on release date.
Has there been confirmation of the time they'll come online? I heard it'll be up and running at midnight UK time... but I have an early start the next morning. :'(

Tovarisc

Will the servers even be up before Tuesday? And if so, could you get banned?
That would be the worst thing ever.

Nwah, servers will be online on the 9/9, not sooner or later.
Most retailers will ship it now, or the latest on Monday, so everyone gets the game on release date.

From IGN:

...we won't be able to play it until the servers get switched on for the Australian launch at 5:00 AM Pacific time on Monday, September 8.

Sauce

0500 AM Pacific time is roughly 1 PM BST / 2 PM CEST, on 8th, for Europeans.

Spoilers of every kind, in all areas, I will not copy/paste. Lets just say all the people complaining "not enough content" might have to do some back peddling.

Not clicking the link and might have to go on blackout from other sites. Great news though because I was hoping Bungie would surprise us with more content than had been revealed. I was all in regardless.

Has there been confirmation of the time they'll come online? I heard it'll be up and running at midnight UK time... but I have an early start the next morning. :'(

Official word from Bungie is on Twitter,
as soon as the 9/9 is in your region you are permitted to play the game so that would be 12:00 a.m. then.
Here is the link again:
https://twitter.com/Bungie/statuses/503357717566599168

@Tovarisc
So that means on the 8.9.2014 at 2 p.m, we can access the servers then?

I think surprise on this weeks update was intended to be that whole thing about Press getting access on 8th/9th and how we are part of reviewing process. They just had to spill beans early when few sites spoke up about not getting review copies for Destiny.

I doubt it. They have something more interesting than the review situation to discuss for their last update before launch.

Fitts

They will be forced to enter normal Crucible as soon as they hit level 5 so not much of a reprieve from it.

Do you gain XP from playing Crucible exclusively, though? I know that weapon/armor upgrades can be unlocked, but can you actually gain levels? I honestly don't remember from the alpha/beta.

I don't think missing the inevitable multiple hour server downtime/login server downtime/horrible lag and connection issues is such a bad thing.

Yep, I'm waiting for another one of these:

error37cropped-s498x314-317797.jpg

I took a week long vacation from work, though, so I'll have plenty of time to play.
Yes, I know that's sad.

Yager

Banned
I've just been told that despite the fact that they already have the console in the store, they can't give it to me until monday. Well, I guess I'll finish TWD S2.

Tovarisc

@Tovarisc
So that means on the 8.9.2014 at 2 p.m, we can access the servers then?

In theory yes.

Theory because I make assumption that we are going to use one set of master servers like we did in Beta and that they are located in U.S. When those servers go live what is 5 AM PDT / 2 PM CEST on 8th of September those with early copies should be able to play.

In theory yes.

Theory because I make assumption that we are going to use one set of master servers like we did in Beta and that they are located in U.S. When those servers go live what is 5 AM PDT / 2 PM CEST on 8th of September those with early copies should be able to play.

Okay, that would be totally awesome if that is true,
my retailer said maybe they can sell this game on Monday, so I could get a copy on Monday then and hop right into the action.

If I was given sick time I would take it in a heartbeat, but alas ... not happening. Oh well, atleast there won't be any anger from me when I decide to take off work on the 9th only to be greeted by destroyed servers that day. Sucks as I will be off Sunday/Monday. Will just hope for the best when I get home from work.

Can't wait for the blowup portion of this thread or other threads made due to the network outage that will occur at 12:00amEST/CST/PST where people act all shocked when they are not able to log in.

Cheech

Aside from the obvious that you can lose your job, what is stopping an game store employee from putting down some cash and taking home a copy; if it's come in already.

If it's GameStop, the area Manager will come in and count every single copy of the game that Monday prior to launch. They don't do it for every release, but for major releases it's not uncommon.

And yes, they will clean house. Which is especially stupid in this case, because it's not gonna be a viable game until launch.

Re: spoilers, really? Who cares. Due to the MMO'ish nature of the game, you're not gonna be able to avoid them anyway.

Preordered the digital guardian edition. Now im wondering, will it charge me automagically or do i actually have to put money on my "psn wallet"? It says I have to but It rips money from me for the subscription, why not the preorder?

If I was given sick time I would take it in a heartbeat, but alas ... not happening. Oh well, atleast there won't be any anger from me when I decide to take off work on the 9th only to be greeted by destroyed servers that day. Sucks as I will be off Sunday/Monday. Will just hope for the best when I get home from work.

Can't wait for the blowup portion of this thread or other threads made due to the network outage that will occur at 12:00amEST/CST/PST where people act all shocked when they are not able to log in.

Very true. I'm sure there will be 50+ pages of people not being able to connect, cursing Bungie, etc.

I will probably be one of those people.

Marvel

could never
Gonna leave my ps4 switched on from Monday night perhaps, just in case psn decides to do maintenance on Tuesday lol.

Dahaka

Buy Destiny on US PSN and playing with an EU account. Will I get autoswitched to US servers or can I play on my local region?

I want to get that Digital Guardian Edition

Tovarisc

Re: spoilers, really? Who cares. Due to the MMO'ish nature of the game, you're not gonna be able to avoid them anyway.

I care about story detail spoilers, but I'm weird like that for wanting to experience story fresh without knowing events because untagged spoilers.

Tovarisc

Read on Reddit that apparently on US PSN pre-load date has been changed from 7th to 9th. Can someone with digital pre-order check and confirm if legit info or not?

If change is legit then I must ask; Why? Not allowing few days for pre-loads and putting everyone to download on 9th will murder PSN.

Are we expecting destiny to be worth it if you're only gonna play it solo?

I played Alpha / Beta mostly Solo. Only didn't solo during Strikes of course.

Had a blast. Barely touched multiplayer until the Iron Banner stuff and then only did it for the cape / towel

Wallach

Read on Reddit that apparently on US PSN pre-load date has been changed from 7th to 9th. Can someone with digital pre-order check and confirm if legit info or not?

If change is legit then I must ask; Why? Not allowing few days for pre-loads and putting everyone to download on 9th will murder PSN.

Mine says the 8th.

But you don't even get a platinum at the end. The true prize.

1000/1000gs is the same thing as a platinum, and looks better. Dem big numbers. ;p

Sony was LTTP with dat meta game.

I'll have my 1k in Destiny probably sooner than I would like, but I sure as hell won't be first. Those crazy bastards that will pull a 48-hr or 72-hr marathon session will surely be first. Hopefully nobody dies from a blood clot.

I was just giving you shit about the platinum thing, to each his own ;p

lol

I've never really pulled a sickie but my work has been really harsh recently.

No guilt.

This. The head honcho at our hospital has been a raving idiot lately, even moreso than when he first took over. I won't have any remorse if I miss a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom