• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech

I care about story detail spoilers, but I'm weird like that for wanting to experience story fresh without knowing events because untagged spoilers.

Will never happen in a game like this. And, let's face it. The story in a game like this is probably going to be stupid if Halo is any indication. That's not gonna affect the fun anyone is gonna have!

Are we expecting destiny to be worth it if you're only gonna play it solo?

I would think it would be boring and pointless. I had fun in the beta playing with random people; don't worry about that. Just playing solo, You'd miss over two thirds of the game, since so much of it REQUIRES other players.

3 days 10 hours left

1399443196571.jpg

WITHE1982

Are we expecting destiny to be worth it if you're only gonna play it solo?

I think so. Even playing solo you're still experiencing the same shared world and will run into other guardians along the way. Whether you choose to team up or not you can always just help each other out then simply part ways.

The strikes put you with 2 other random players anyway, if you're not in a fire team, so unless you plan on avoiding them completely you'll team up with fellow guardians eventually.

I'm just looking forward to meeting some amazing new friends when this launches. I think this game really comes into it's own when you're in a team.

Will never happen in a game like this. And, let's face it. The story in a game like this is probably going to be stupid if Halo is any indication. That's not gonna affect the fun anyone is gonna have!

U wot? Wow... Halo's storyline and lore, its universe in general, is far from stupid. But hey, different strokes I guess. The sheer amount of fan fiction and community that sprang up around it speaks volumes to it being better than the vast majority of games out there, let alone shooters.

Disclaimer: Unabashed Halo fanboy here.

J2d

I played Alpha / Beta mostly Solo. Only didn't solo during Strikes of course.

Had a blast. Barely touched multiplayer until the Iron Banner stuff and then only did it for the cape / towel
I would think it would be boring and pointless. I had fun in the beta playing with random people; don't worry about that. Just playing solo, You'd miss over two thirds of the game, since so much of it REQUIRES other players.

I think so. Even playing solo you're still experiencing the same shared world and will run into other guardians along the way. Whether you choose to team up or not you can always just help each other out then simply part ways.

The strikes put you with 2 other random players anyway, if you're not in a fire team, so unless you plan on avoiding them completely you'll team up with fellow guardians eventually.

I'm just looking forward to meeting some amazing new friends when this launches. I think this game really comes into it's own when you're in a team.
Ok thanks for the input everyone =)

chippy13

Someone in that Reddit thread mentioned also that PSN is giving him 8th for pre-load date. Interesting.

Is Sony trying to do some dodgy pre-load staggering where final "wave" starts as game releases?

Just checked via computer and it shows it sitting in my download cue and the date shows the 9th. Not sure if it showed the 7th before or not.

Just checked via computer and it shows it sitting in my download cue and the date shows the 9th. Not sure if it showed the 7th before or not.

Preload will just start whenever Sony decides to pull the switch this Sunday, that's what happened recently with Diablo 3 on PS4. It didn't go up right at midnight two days before launch. I think preloading went up around noon.

Tovarisc

Preload will just start whenever Sony decides to pull the switch this Sunday, that's what happened recently with Diablo 3 on PS4. It didn't go up right at midnight two days before launch. I think preloading went up around noon.

Thing is that until today people have been reporting that it's showing 7th in details. Now there is reports that some have 7th, some 8th and some 9th. That is just weird. I do hope it's just some weird glitch in PSN and every digital pre-order gets pre-load starting on 7th.

Willeth

My preload page says the 8th. I think the countdown is to the unlock, though.

Quick tip - go into the add-on page for it and tag the Vanguard Armory to auto-download too. One thing I've noticed is that my preorder for the Digital Guardian edition didn't include the Expansion Pass as an add-on. Should it have?

jeffc919

My preload page says the 8th. I think the countdown is to the unlock, though.

Quick tip - go into the add-on page for it and tag the Vanguard Armory to auto-download too. One thing I've noticed is that my preorder for the Digital Guardian edition didn't include the Expansion Pass as an add-on. Should it have?

I also have the main game and Vanguard armory in my queue but no signs of the expansion content yet.

Willeth

"Expected Auto-Download Date: 08/09/2014" means, to my understanding, that game starts downloading automatically on that day and countdown seems to be counting to that moment.

Auto-Download == Pre-Load, in this case

See, my understanding is that the countdown is to release, and the preload happens before that. I whacked the countdown into Wolfram Alpha and got midnight on the 9th.

Kind of at odds with Bungie saying you'd be able to play once it was midnight anywhere, but meh, it works out as 8am on the 9th in the UK and I have work that day, so it's not like I'd be able to play at midnight the night before or immediately as it unlocks or anything, so it doesn't make too much difference to me.

I also have the main game and Vanguard armory in my queue but no signs of the expansion content yet.

Excellent, cheers. Hopefully that means it's working as intended and not that we've both made the same mistake :p

So, I've committed to going Titan for the full game. I played the Warlock in the Alpha, Hunter in the Beta, and though I really liked the Hunter, I think the Titan is truly more my type of character (tank-like). Now that I've labored over that decision, I now have to pick which race I want to be. Why so many choices, Bungie?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom