• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

#miller

So, I've committed to going Titan for the full game. I played the Warlock in the Alpha, Hunter in the Beta, and though I really liked the Hunter, I think the Titan is truly more my type of character (tank-like). Now that I've labored over that decision, I now have to pick which race I want to be. Why so many choices, Bungie?!

I'm going to throw the gender question in there... whoopsi.. *runs away*

Dahaka

Buy Destiny on US PSN and playing with an EU account. Will I get autoswitched to US servers or can I play on my local region?

I want to get that Digital Guardian Edition

Basically, is it like "Injustice Gods Among Us" where you can only play on US servers with your US version?

Hagi

Destiny Gaf i watched the great new live-action trailer and came away with a burning question, is that awesome looking rocket launcher actually in the game? D:

Can't wait till Tuesday I only played the Alpha but i did enjoy what Bungie seems to be going for with the game. #Hunterforlife

Marvel

could never
Destiny Gaf i watched the great new live-action trailer and came away with a burning question, is that awesome looking rocket launcher actually in the game? D:

Yip! that's Gjallarhorn. (Exotic)

Exo Warlock for me, magical space robots are funny.

Willeth

Basically, is it like "Injustice Gods Among Us" where you can only play on US servers with your US version?

If the beta is anything to go by, servers aren't regionalised - I was playing with my friends and mixing and matching just fine. I'm also in the UK and have ordered the US one on PSN, I don't think it's much of a risk - although the majority of the people I'm playing with are either in the US or doing the same.

Oscar

Can't wait till Tuesday I only played the Alpha but i did enjoy what Bungie seems to be going for with the game. #Hunterforlife
There are rocket launchers in the game, yes.

Ammo is pretty limited though.

Number45

Where are you located?
UK. My DL list now has:

zI8yMCA.png

EDIT: Just noticed that the beta is still in my DL. Weird!

TheHall

I played Female Titan in the Beta, but they are a little too skinny for that class.

I guess i'll go Exo Titan first and then Female Hunter

That's not how it worked in the Beta, I played a good bit with people from the U.K. I think the only thing it affects is where you get your digital content from.

Tovarisc

That's not how it worked in the Beta, I played a good bit with people from the U.K. I think the only thing it affects is where you get your digital content from.

In PvP I got put into U.S. lobbies way too often, and I live in Finland.

Hot damn!! If you told me Blizzard designed all the weapons in this game I'd totally believe it.

Blizzard designs good weapon models? Since when? At least in WoW most of the models aren't anything special imo and in D3 weapon models matter so little anyways with more emphasis on armor looks.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
regarding new crucible info,
sounds like an awesome game mode! shame you get locked out at level 5. i'm still quite hopeful that a super-less game mode will be popular enough for bungie to warrant a playlist for it though.

bombshell

My preload page says the 8th. I think the countdown is to the unlock, though.

Quick tip - go into the add-on page for it and tag the Vanguard Armory to auto-download too. One thing I've noticed is that my preorder for the Digital Guardian edition didn't include the Expansion Pass as an add-on. Should it have?

You'll just be entitled to the expansions for free whenever they release. You won't actually be getting anything about the expansions yet.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
If anyone wants a destiny logo in their avatar let me know!

i mentioned this before with little interest here(bad idea?), but i think it would be nice to also somehow add at least the platform you'll be playing on too. just a suggestion.

<---

harrytang

Kind of at odds with Bungie saying you'd be able to play once it was midnight anywhere, but meh

i believe they said the servers would go live when it hits 9/9 first somewhere in the world followed with "when you receive a copy is between you and your retailer." if you did a digital download dont expect to be playing early.

Blizzard designs good weapon models? Since when? At least in WoW most of the models aren't anything special imo and in D3 weapon models matter so little anyways with more emphasis on armor looks.

Its a general comment towards over the top flair and art style, not specific towards weapon design.

E92 M3

If anyone wants a Ghost 360 or Xbox One Limited, I can ship it to you from Amazon at cost. Please PM because I will most likely cancel.

I can't decide between getting the white system or keeping the black one I already own. I know there's going to be a PS4 slim down the road and that will be day 1 for me...I don't know what to do!!! The white bundle is so beautiful!

Respect

Speaking of questionable fashion, I'm pretty sure that Hunter is sponsored by McDonald's.

Destiny doesn't discriminate...Ronald McDonald can roll a hunter if he wants!

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent headset? Was going to get a new one, looking at the 30-40 USD range. I know everyone loves the gold headsets, but that is a little more than I am willing to spend right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom