• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game just cancelled my ghost edition.

So, Update.

They claimed they had issues billing me which makes no sense(had well in excess of the £149.99 needed). GAME online web chat support was awful and I've spent around 2 and a half hours on hold during the last 2 days to their phone support which is equally as bad because (small tangent) they have no direct number for order issues. They have Store locator (automated service) and Product Info which asks you 6 questions before putting you to a support rep who takes 45 mins plus to get to you.

So late yesterday I was told I'd get a call back to arrange a new payment method. Waited until 19:15 (the closing time of the line) and nothing and then at 12:00 today my phone rang for literally a second and before I could answer the call was ended.

I Immediately rang back and was greeted by an obnoxious woman at the switchboard who had no idea what I was talking about and transferred me to a customer service line.
45 min wait again and I speak to a regular customer service rep and explain the issue. He says it sounds odd and tries to explain how I've likely missed my chance to reorder...
I get angry and forcefully tell him I want transferring to the team responsible for the call backs(previous I found that a team has been allocated to do this because it's common)

He tries to explain how he can't transfer me but he will arrange a call back. I begrudgingly agree.

5 mins later I get a call back and the guy updates my order with new payment details, uncancelled it and gave me a new number. Funds have been taken and I'll have the item Tuesday.

I'm happy with the result but it was a nightmare getting to this. I assume what's happening is they have over allocated stock and are cancelling orders and hoping some people don't notice. (conjecture but ..)

I wouldn't if I had not been lucky enough to check my phone at the exact moment the cancellation email came which just looks like any other GAME spam mail.

TL:DR. Cancelled order has been fixed. Is coming Tuesday. GHOST EDITION I HAZ.

Caode

Just curious if anyone in here has pre-purchased in store from GAME UK? Curious because they have an atrocious customer service system and seem incapable of responding to queries via social media. Usually the prices in store are slightly different to what you get on their website... anyone know what they're charging?

Kane1345

So, Update.

They claimed they had issues billing me which makes no sense(had well in excess of the £149.99 needed). GAME online web chat support was awful and I've spent around 2 and a half hours on hold during the last 2 days to their phone support which is equally as bad because (small tangent) they have no direct number for order issues. They have Store locator (automated service) and Product Info which asks you 6 questions before putting you to a support rep who takes 45 mins plus to get to you.

So late yesterday I was told I'd get a call back to arrange a new payment method. Waited until 19:15 (the closing time of the line) and nothing and then at 12:00 today my phone rang for literally a second and before I could answer the call was ended.

I Immediately rang back and was greeted by an obnoxious woman at the switchboard who had no idea what I was talking about and transferred me to a customer service line.
45 min wait again and I speak to a regular customer service rep and explain the issue. He says it sounds odd and tries to explain how I've likely missed my chance to reorder...
I get angry and forcefully tell him I want transferring to the team responsible for the call backs(previous I found that a team has been allocated to do this because it's common)

He tries to explain how he can't transfer me but he will arrange a call back. I begrudgingly agree.

5 mins later I get a call back and the guy updates my order with new payment details, uncancelled it and gave me a new number. Funds have been taken and I'll have the item Tuesday.

I'm happy with the result but it was a nightmare getting to this. I assume what's happening is they have over allocated stock and are cancelling orders and hoping some people don't notice. (conjecture but ..)

I wouldn't if I had not been lucky enough to check my phone at the exact moment the cancellation email came which just looks like any other GAME spam mail.

TL:DR. Cancelled order has been fixed. Is coming Tuesday. GHOST EDITION I HAZ.

Happy it was sorted for you :)

Cuphead

Banned
Thanks Cuphead!

No problem, just hleping feed the..
OffensiveIndolentBelugawhale.gif

robo

Thank you!

Thanks for that, I will have to download that app and give it a shot.

its on the PSN store for free.

You only need to upload a new config if you get another game that has its own version
otherwise it stays in forever.

Just flick to 1 for normal games

there are some preset ones in the APP if you want to try them out first :)

iAmZD

Neo Member
Thanks, Math, for the code!

I'd love to see what a Destiny-fied version of my avatar would look like if you could!

majik13

On the PSN website, it just shows destiny as waiting in my queue. and that waiting means it is waiting for other content to finish downloading first, but there is nothing else in my queue?

its on the PSN store for free.

You only need to upload a new config if you get another game that has its own version
otherwise it stays in forever.

Just flick to 1 for normal games

there are some preset ones in the APP if you want to try them out first :)

Yeah gonna have to take some for a spin. Game sounds good and all, but having a specific optimized setting for a specific game is obviously better. It'd be cool if they released the Destiny one at launch.

Strider

So I went the store page on PS4 and it downloaded 2 files. one was 280ish MB and the other 180ish MB.

So what gives Gaf, what did I download? Obviously the actual game would be much bigger.

Edit: Digital Guardian Edition.

LkPr

what 17 codes is he talking about?

http://www.xpgames.co/2014/03/20/destiny-promo-codes/

Here is the list of the Destiny promo codes available so far:

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10. The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11. The Hive Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
12. Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

Math that image you posted, looks like it's from the LE? I immediately closed the tab. I fucking love Bungie and the trinkets they put in their LEs. Cannot wait to check that stuff out. Oh, and the smell.

zychi

Banned
http://www.xpgames.co/2014/03/20/destiny-promo-codes/

Here is the list of the Destiny promo codes available so far:

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10. The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11. The Hive Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
12. Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN

thx!

Grewitch

Level 25 Warlock gear

Somehow I feel suddenly very disappointed in design. It's like level 8 gear, but just slightly different. From that app shot to in-game what changes is texture quality, but I doubt it will "save" armor designs similarity to level 8 stuff.

I like that it looks like a very clean design, maybe a different shader would help? White?

Can a Blessed Photoshop Wizard take the Destiny tricorn and make a Superman S-Shield with it? Maybe one in regular Superman red/yellow and the other in the Destiny blues to see which rocks harder?

I would cover your 6 eternally if so!

I got the code from here. He got the LE early.
I don't really want to spoil the game of finding codes for you folks, but I just thought I'd share my experience briefly so far. Complete with potato-quality photos.
I got the Limited edition of Destiny today in the mail.
There are redeemable codes everywhere in the LE. Scribbled on pages of the artbook, on the postcards that come with the game and hidden very well at times.
Here's an example. I just snapped these pics after noticing the code on the letter in the box. I don't think the code is one-time use, but if that pic isn't clear enough, it's FJ9-LAM-67F. They've all unlocked emblems so far.
Like I said, I don't want to scour this stuff and ruin the experience for you guys before launch. Just. Heads up. Read everything. Seriously.

Definity

So I went the store page on PS4 and it downloaded 2 files. one was 280ish MB and the other 180ish MB.

So what gives Gaf, what did I download? Obviously the actual game would be much bigger.

Edit: Digital Guardian Edition.

It's still downloading. Go check your applications and take a look at Destiny there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom