• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone interested in VoG normal tonight (around 6-7 PM EST), I have the Atheon checkpoint and just need to finish it before tomorrow's wipe. Thanks in advance!

PSN: Temidien

Zocano

Tell the outside team to open the portals and then get to higher ground. Supplicants can't shut off a portal once it's active.

I actually did mention this several times. But I couldn't attest to their positioning because I was ported 90% of the time.

Our wipes seemed to come mostly from the outside group simply dying to supplicants. It wasn't silly deaths running out of the portal.

Rixa

Man, so much salt and hyperbole on the "Destiny 2 months after release" thread. Sure the game has it's faults but damn... This image on there sums things up:

Yup, in few weeks time I played over 50h, thus I consider Ive gotten good amount of content to my money. for me to play over 50h for one game its alot. Game is not perfect but is damn good way to spend time, either by random players or with gaming friends.

SkylineRKR

My main is a 29 warlock which I'm very happy with. Last week I decided to make a hunter for fun since I had some legendary gear and exotics for that class. And also to be able to run the weekly/raid twice. Got him up to 26 after much grinding. Honestly the hunter seems like a complete downgrade from the warlock. Gunslinger is pointless for high level pve since my regular weapons seem to be much more effective. Bladedancer is pointless other than for going stealth. Definitely prefer glide over triple jump as I can cover way more distance. And then you have self revive and fusion grenades and flame shield, etc. So far the only good hunter ability is chain of woe.

I think I'm just going to delete the hunter and make two warlock alts. Not only would it be way less work (I only have to level up to 20 and I'm done, don't have to level up any extra gear), but it's just easier to focus on one character instead of two.

Gunslinger isn't pointless mang. Its not the best but its the best a Hunter can do in PvE. Combustion takes down groups, oracles can't stand it either. And its useful for Supplicants. Praetorians are near death.

Warlock is great but when I thought about it saving your super in case of death is just... boring. And who provides the Orbs? They usually order me to GG for orbs. Its just that I have to really play ball, not dying. Solo'd the right conflux last time because someone else died. Its mostly the loadout that pulled me through rather easily. And a good middle ofcourse (with another Hunter).

I'd rather have Bungie put revive in Heroic Raid anyway. Its challenging enough as is.

Yup, in few weeks time I played over 50h, thus I consider Ive gotten good amount of content to my money. for me to play over 50h for one game its alot. Game is not perfect but is damn good way to spend time, either by random players or with gaming friends.

You are speaking to a guy that buys games and gets bored of them right away. 2 months have passed, 140hrs in and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Got lots of weapons to level up and raid gear to get.

Temidien

Neo Member

I feel it's like anything else: If it clicks for you and offers something that keeps you coming back, it did it's job. I'm sitting at 120 hours with the game and while I'm the first to acknowledge the game is considerably flawed in areas, I haven't gone back to the well with a game like this since Skyrim.

Shito

Gunslinger is pointless for high level pve since my regular weapons seem to be much more effective.
Gunslinger kills ultra minions in 2~3 shots: I don't consider that pointless at all.
It's more situationnal than other supers, and you still need to actually aim, but it has its uses.

Finally got an exotic from tiger playlist and its the MIDA Multitool which I've always wanted. It's such a satisfying weapon. Don't know why some people have been hating on it. So far it's great. Now TLW and Gjallarhorn and I'm set

Everyone who has The Last Word -- where did you get it? I'm on a mission.

It can be a legendary engram you get from just playing. Nightfall and the chest on the left side of the gorgon's maze are probably the most common ways of getting it though. Since I've done the raid and nightfall for the week I've been doing tiger playlist. Need TLW :(

MrMuscle

I actually experienced something new yesterday. I was doing the "Kill 10 Vex" bounty on Venus and I was in the area before the entrance to VoG when a public event started. And to my surprise it was a "protect the conflux" event, like the ones in VoG.

It was really fun, doing it solo was rough but i prevailed. I obviously havent spent enough time on Venus.

Once you have all the weapons and armor you need from the Vanguard and/or Crucible, is there no point to the marks other than buy armor to dismantle for shards?

Pretty much. Hopefully we'll be able to buy mats with them soon.

At least you can buy faction stuff with Crucible marks.
Everyone who has The Last Word -- where did you get it? I'm on a mission.

Crucible. I won the match, I didn't go AFK. ;)

Hiko

Banned
Gunslinger isn't pointless mang. Its not the best but its the best a Hunter can do in PvE. Combustion takes down groups, oracles can't stand it either. And its useful for Supplicants. Praetorians are near death.

Warlock is great but when I thought about it saving your super in case of death is just... boring. And who provides the Orbs? They usually order me to GG for orbs. Its just that I have to really play ball, not dying. Solo'd the right conflux last time because someone else died. Its mostly the loadout that pulled me through rather easily. And a good middle ofcourse (with another Hunter).

I'd rather have Bungie put revive in Heroic Raid anyway. Its challenging enough as is.

I feel like all the offensive supers are worthless at endgame. Nova bomb does crap damage.

But sunsingers and defenders keep teams alive. And that's what matters in nightfall and raid.

Acrylic7 said:
anyone on ps3 want to do the nighfall?

Finally someone on ps3! I feel like I'm the only one.

I already did the nightfall this week but I'm free tomorrow.

DryvBy

I'm a 29 hunter and I need some helpful hints for beating the Athlon fight. What's some tips that have helped you guys?

Jinjo

Why aren't wizards called witches then??

Because a female wizard and a witch are not the same thing.

Also, because space wizard use space magic and that just sounds cool. Space witches and space witchcraft is just lame.

I actually experienced something new yesterday. I was doing the "Kill 10 Vex" bounty on Venus and I was in the area before the entrance to VoG when a public event started. And to my surprise it was a "protect the conflux" event, like the ones in VoG.

It was really fun, doing it solo was rough but i prevailed. I obviously havent spent enough time on Venus.

Very challenging public event. Props for being able to solo it.

And yes, it's one of the better events. I feel anything in this game with large mobs feels much better than any of the "big boss" encounters. Shooting things is fun, and more things make it more fun.

Rixa

You are speaking to a guy that buys games and gets bored of them right away. 2 months have passed, 140hrs in and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Got lots of weapons to level up and raid gear to get.

I feel it's like anything else: If it clicks for you and offers something that keeps you coming back, it did it's job. I'm sitting at 120 hours with the game and while I'm the first to acknowledge the game is considerably flawed in areas, I haven't gone back to the well with a game like this since Skyrim.

Both so true. You just enjoy some games, even if they have flaws (I did play through f2p Vita game Destiny of Spirits in 864 hours time and it was not perfect game, had really big flaws).

For example in Destiny I havent toucehd to Crucible and it stays so (dont like pvp). But the possibility for me to remote play by Vita at home when tv is in another use is huge.

There are some problems when rp by Vita (oled model):
- Tunnels / caves are very dark, I had to raise brightness almost to full.
- Jumping is not so easy
- Using sniper rifle zoom is really slow
- You need to have grip (I use Hori grips)
- In Fireteams you can hear others but cant use mic (streaming limitations?)

But on positive side, it plays really well, havent noticed major lags. I dont have problems to join & finish Tiger strikes (with my now 26 level warlock).

DjRalford

I'm a 29 hunter and I need some helpful hints for beating the Athlon fight. What's some tips that have helped you guys?

Any specific bit?

Basically if outside stand on pillar and kill supplicants. Don't die

If ported kill Oracles. Don't die

After relic user exits portal follow whatever strategy your group is using. Don't die

No matter what, a glitch will pretty much kill you at some point.

Ourobolus

Banned
There are some problems when rp by Vita (oled model):
- Tunnels / caves are very dark, I had to raise brightness almost to full.
- Jumping is not so easy
- Using sniper rifle zoom is really slow
- You need to have grip (I use Hori grips)
- In Fireteams you can hear others but cant use mic (streaming limitations?)

For this, if you have the wireless headset, connect your headset to your PS4 and play on the Vita. Then you can chat just fine. Other than that, yeah, you can't do it directly through the Vita.

Rixa

For this, if you have the wireless headset, connect your headset to your PS4 and play on the Vita. Then you can chat just fine. Other than that, yeah, you can't do it directly through the Vita.

Oh didn't know this, sadly I dont have wireless hs. But good to know thereifixit.gif solution.

Ambitious

A Reddit user called "lurkthedepths" whose account had been inactive up until now just made his first and only post titled "secrets" in r/DestinyTheGame:

ConsiderateWeightyKusimanse.gif

It's probably a joke.

Ok hopefully with today's bounties I will finish gunslinger and delete this hunter finally

Almost guardian lord

Better hurry. Only one spot left for the PS4 Guardian Lord new raid stream. We could have half from our flawless team (me, you, steroyd) and half from that "other" flawless team (fig, nami, todd).

A Reddit user called "lurkthedepths" whose account had been inactive up until now just made his first and only post titled "secrets" in r/DestinyTheGame:

It's probably a joke.

So who's got the checkpoint to try it out?

Hiko

Banned
Lol, just got Monte Carlo from a cryptarch package. I saw the yellow pop up and immediately hoped it was ghorn. But instead I get this crap which I will most likely dismantle.

Deku Tree

It's probably just a joke, but who knows.

So a video of Shooting the super of the relic shield at the broken portal outside Atheon... No video indication of what happens. OK. Seems like fake Internet hoopla. Will wait for others to possibly check it out.

Zakalwe

Banned
Better hurry. Only one spot left for the PS4 Guardian Lord new raid stream. We could have half from our flawless team (me, you, steroyd) and half from that "other" flawless team (fig, nami, todd).

Hey, I thought we were set to do that as a team when it came out!

It's probably just a joke, but who knows.

Saw that, but don't really get what the secret is. If it's an insider, they should have just given a hint, and not been so explicit. If it's a regular guy, he should have shown what happens next.

Someone in our fireteam the other day said that he saw a bungie tweet saying there are 10 chests in the VoG, but I couldn't find anyone talking about it. Has anyone here heard anything like that?

Hey, I thought we were set to do that as a team when it came out!

Yeah we are, for sure. There was just a little talk of having a guardian lord stream sometime after the new raid drops, I don't think it was supposed to be right when it came out.

Btw will you be on for the weekly reset? We've got 1 or 2 spots left to run 3 hard raids right at 4am EST.

NeOak

Saw that, but don't really get what the secret is. If it's an insider, they should have just given a hint, and not been so explicit. If it's a regular guy, he should have shown what happens next.

Someone in our fireteam the other day said that he saw a bungie tweet saying there are 10 chests in the VoG, but I couldn't find anyone talking about it. Has anyone here heard anything like that?

Going by what DeeJ knew about the raid in that stream where he got carried, I wouldn't believe a thing the twitter says.

They got Xur's time wrong last Friday lol

Dave_6

I was attempting to play this yesterday and do the bounty for taking out the Archon Preist, yet both attempts I got disconnected from the game. WTF, I thought that had been fixed by now?

noomi

I know it's still early, but is anyone planning a VoG HM run tomorrow after the reset?

I'll probably ask again tomorrow morning, it's my day off and would love to get it done early in the week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom