• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlast

I really like doing the exotic bounties. I wish there were legendary bounties as well, especially for gear. Or if you could buy a bounty from Xur, that would be cool too.

Temidien

Neo Member
I really like doing the exotic bounties. I wish there were legendary bounties as well, especially for gear. Or if you could buy a bounty from Xur, that would be cool too.

I've been putting off doing the Thorn bounty for weeks and now that I'm a few PVP kills away from finishing the part I was dreading, I have to say I really dig these bounties. Forcing me to play segments of the game I've neglected or to throw a wrench in mechanics definitely adds a new dimension that keeps the Destiny experience fresh.

See also: Achievements unlocked via gameplay twists.

Rubenov

Any other Level 30s want to knock out the hard raid early tomorrow? Was thinking of doing an early run around 0700 Eastern. PS4.

Quote this post if you want to do it.

deadlast

I've been putting off doing the Thorn bounty for weeks and now that I'm a few PVP kills away from finishing the part I was dreading, I have to say I really dig these bounties. Forcing me to play segments of the game I've neglected or to throw a wrench in mechanics definitely adds a new dimension that keeps the Destiny experience fresh.

I just started the PVP part of thorn. It is a pain because I have to use my void lock and my shotgun.

noomi

Any other Level 30s want to knock out the hard raid early tomorrow? Was thinking of doing an early run around 0700 Eastern. PS4.

Quote this post if you want to do it.

Yes! Was just asking this on the previous page. Level 30 hunter, plenty of hard mode experience. Fatebringer, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure all 300's :)

Also in EST, what time do you want to shoot for?

PSN is noomi85

*edit*

Just saw you mentioned 7am EST, that is a bit early for me. Wife is still sleeping and getting ready for work, so I wouldn't be able to really use my mic. After 8:30 would be better for me.

Rubenov

Yes! Was just asking this on the previous page. Level 30 hunter, plenty of hard mode experience. Fatebringer, Icebreaker, Corrective Measure all 300's :)

Also in EST, what time do you want to shoot for?

PSN is noomi85

Early (7 EST). Have another run scheduled for 1100 EST, so I wanted to get 1 in early.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah we are, for sure. There was just a little talk of having a guardian lord stream sometime after the new raid drops, I don't think it was supposed to be right when it came out.

Btw will you be on for the weekly reset? We've got 1 or 2 spots left to run 3 hard raids right at 4am EST.

I won't be round for those unfortunately. Work hours don't line up. Will make time for the new raid if need be, but in general no. :(

I tried it last night and got 10 out of 500. I think it may be a while until I unlock the Thorn.

noomi

Early (7 EST). Have another run scheduled for 1100 EST, so I wanted to get 1 in early.

Ah ok, that would be a bit too early for me, wife is still sleeping so I don't want to make too much noise that early. If you want to do around 8:30 I would be able to.

ocean

Banned
I tried it last night and got 10 out of 500. I think it may be a while until I unlock the Thorn.

No clue how I'd have done it without Atheon's Epilogue and my Defender's double magnetic grenades. Whoever designed that part of the bounty was crazy to penalize deaths.

Rubenov

Ah ok, that would be a bit too early for me, wife is still sleeping so I don't want to make too much noise that early. If you want to do around 8:30 I would be able to.

830 is doable.

Level 30 Hard raid (can get a max of 2 29s; first come first served); 11 Nov @0830 EST. So far we got:

1. Rubenov25 (Level 30 Warlock)
2. noomi85 (Level 30 Hunter)

Quote this post if you want in.

EDIT: Full.

Deku Tree

I just did unfinished story missions on Mars at lvl 28. I don't think my weapons got any EXP bump. At least none of the, leveled up at the end of the mission.

DjRalford

Have the nightfalls rotated earth - moon - venus - Mars all the time?

If so sepsis prime would be next right?

Edit - Deny, xp from story's don't count on weapons AFAIK

TP-DK

I actually did mention this several times. But I couldn't attest to their positioning because I was ported 90% of the time.

Our wipes seemed to come mostly from the outside group simply dying to supplicants. It wasn't silly deaths running out of the portal.

But the deaths mostly happened after we've been shooting at Atheon. Those that didn't get teleported the second time had to fight with the detain while seeing the 6 supplicants fly right over to you. Even if you were fast at removing the detain it would still be too late, and you'd still get raped in the butt by the supplicants before you could move away to safety.

Deku Tree

830 is doable.

Level 30 Hard raid (can get a max of 2 29s; first come first served); 11 Nov @0830 EST. So far we got:

Sign me up. LVL 30 Sunbro. Maxed everything. VoC, IB, void fusion, hezen Vengence, working on Truth today too, etc... Numerous hard raid clears. I will definitely be on tomorrow but not before 8:30PM est. PS4 DekuBleep

TP-DK

830 is doable.

I'd like to get one of the lvl 29 spots.

PSN is Redman_DK

YourFriend

Neo Member
Have a hard Atheon checkpoint. Level 30 hunter looking for some level 30s. Probably will be on around 10am central time and after. Just send a FR to GhostSR25 on PSN.

No clue how I'd have done it without Atheon's Epilogue and my Defender's double magnetic grenades. Whoever designed that part of the bounty was crazy to penalize deaths.

Yeah, I did have AE, and single magnetic grenades, but I die a lot. Especially when first getting back into PvP after a long hiatus. I'm just not one to sit in the corner and stay out of the fray, I like taking control points and running around like a lunatic.

I'm sure it'll get better once I acclimate, but ugh, I just don't want to.

But the deaths mostly happened after we've been shooting at Atheon. Those that didn't get teleported the second time had to fight with the detain while seeing the 6 supplicants fly right over to you. Even if you were fast at removing the detain it would still be too late, and you'd still get raped in the butt by the supplicants before you could move away to safety.

A gunslinger should be delegated to supplicant clean up duty during time's vengeance. He should be able to clean up most of them letting everyone start with a clean slate.

patchday

830 is doable.

L29 Titan, PSN sandboxgod. have some max weapons (atheon, voc, heavy, etc)

DryvBy

Any specific bit?

Basically if outside stand on pillar and kill supplicants. Don't die

If ported kill Oracles. Don't die

After relic user exits portal follow whatever strategy your group is using. Don't die

No matter what, a glitch will pretty much kill you at some point.

I've done the raid about 4 times now. My problem is it feels like I'm constantly missing something. Such as oracle killing. Or "training" while holding the relic. On PS4 I hold the relic, jump in the air, R2 slam and repeat and hope things die. Should I be pressing R1 after (basic swing attack) after slamming or using R1 to "run" from attacks?

And what's a good gun for getting through the oracles? I'm using the Shadow Price and my golden gun (with 4 shots). Shadow Price is okay, but I usually empty a clip without breaking an oracle. It's annoying sometimes.

LiK

Sure yeah I'll be working on Titan anyway tonight

Ok, leveling the Hunter last night in Crucible wasn't too bad except my left stick kept fucking up. Made it annoying.

Probably better to just stick with PVE stuff for now until my new DS4 arrives.

Is the hard raid really difficult with level 29s?

I mean, I see how people want everyone to be 28 in the normal raid, but honestly, all 28s make it sort of boring. When I was in at 27 I had to really pay attention to stay alive, and once I hit 28, I barely had to try at all. I'm wondering if the hard raid is the same?

I've done the raid about 4 times now. My problem is it feels like I'm constantly missing something. Such as oracle killing. Or "training" while holding the relic. On PS4 I hold the relic, jump in the air, R2 slam and repeat and hope things die. Should I be pressing R1 after (basic swing attack) after slamming or using R1 to "run" from attacks?

And what's a good gun for getting through the oracles? I'm using the Shadow Price and my golden gun (with 4 shots). Shadow Price is okay, but I usually empty a clip without breaking an oracle. It's annoying sometimes.

Also, I'm in the same boat as you. I think that because I was a couple of weeks late to this game, everyone expected a certain level of knowledge, and I just showed up and shot things. I've only picked up any relic once (out of three successful raid runs), and that was because I was the only one teleported at Atheon. I still don't know how to use it properly at any point, nor do I really understand what triggers the various stages of each fight.

DjRalford

I use the epilogue, or Praydeths revenge, but I think suros is good if maxxed.

830 is doable.

I should be able to do that time. 30 Warlock/Darknyss

Mupod

Okay, so if I want a Thorn, I need to hope and pray that I get a thing in the mail after turning in a bounty? And then do a quest chain? At least it doesn't sound too bad, I use voidwalker in PVP so void damage is no problem. I just really wish I had a good handcannon, it's all I used while leveling and now I'm stuck with an AR or scout rifle. Both of which I found in the crucible. I use the AR in there but it feels like every time I go up against someone in a fair fight with it, I end up dead to a 'suros regime'. Like everybody has that thing.

On that subject I've been doing dramatically better in PVP since I equipped a shotgun and cranked my look sensitivity way up. I was bottom of the list almost every match, but my first match with a shotgun I was #1. That trend didn't continue unfortunately but overall I'm doing much better.

I'm a sliver away from 25 - I've found two legendaries so far, a hat and a rocket launcher. Got level 20 blues in all other slots except gloves, which are 19. Gotta farm up some materials to upgrade my hat further, helium is annoying.

I'm still a ways off from being able to buy any legendaries. Man that's a lot of rep to grind. I'm not sure what pieces to look for either, I guess you focus on getting legendary pieces for slots you don't put exotics in, right? What exotic armor pieces do most pvp voidwalkers and pve sunsingers use?

LiK

I mean, I see how people want everyone to be 28 in the normal raid, but honestly, all 28s make it sort of boring. When I was in at 27 I had to really pay attention to stay alive, and once I hit 28, I barely had to try at all. I'm wondering if the hard raid is the same?

Hard Raid is harder. No revives, more ADDs, Detained, and generally tougher/stronger enemies. If you wanna try it with 29, go ahead. It's doable but tough.

Isn't the normal rail 26 and hard is 30? So you're comparing being one level over the difficulty to being one level below the difficulty. PLUS the modifiers such as detain and no respawning.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd say that you'd want a team that's at least half and half for it not to become tedious and unfun.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

R2 on the ground with the relic is a sweet rush attack that seems to stagger foes. What I do is rush in, jump above a group of enemies, R2 to slam down (try to hit every enemy with this if you can) then use R2 on the ground to clean up the remnants. The minotaur on Venus is the toughest foe in the portals and most likely to kill you quickly (especially if you're below 28) so be wary of him. As far as killing the oracles go, Golden Gun is amazing, as is Corrective Measure or Vision Of Confluence (both weapons attained during the Raid with Oracle damage bonuses). Other than that, whatever your highest DPS weapon is will be best.

Steroyd

Yeah we are, for sure. There was just a little talk of having a guardian lord stream sometime after the new raid drops, I don't think it was supposed to be right when it came out.

Btw will you be on for the weekly reset? We've got 1 or 2 spots left to run 3 hard raids right at 4am EST.

I'll want in on this, it was so nice getting it all done so soonlast week, instead of praying to RNGesus throughout the week.

Rubenov

Level 30 Hard raid; looking for 1 more Level 30 (all 29 spots full); 11 Nov @0830 EST. So far we got:

3. DekuBleep (Level 30 Warlock)
4. Darknyss (Level 30 Warlock)
5. Redman_DK (Level 29 ?)
6. sandboxgod (Level 29 Titan)

I will send out FRs later today.

Edit: Full.

Deku Tree

Just solo'do the fallen walker event on ember caves. I didn't realze the events show up if you are alone. Maybe I wasnt... Not sure.

LiK

Just solo'do the fallen walker event on ember caves. I didn't realze the events show up if you are alone. Maybe I wasnt... Not sure.

I've had that event happen every so often when I'm farming there. And yea, I'm always alone during it. I never get anyone else to help.

DryvBy

830 is doable.

My dad might be able to play. He's currently home. 29 Warlock and Titan. TheDarkHignite on PSN.

Also, thanks everyone. Good info for types of weapons on what I'm really doing with the Relic.

patchday

I always use a raid weapon like Atheon or VoC for Oracles myself.

When you grab the relic during Atheon's phase all I ever do is R2-smash. I don't think I need help in venus or mars (maybe teammates might throw a grenade). If the mobs are already spawned by the time I run in with the relic I jsut make sure to avoid their incoming fire. There is always a pillar or something you can use for cover as you dash towards them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom