• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I never knew you could safely reach a floor in the jumping area and walk around a bit. Stray too far and you hit an immediate kill zone but still pretty cool.

ocean

Banned
50 resources for 5 marks? We can dream.
That's the current conversion rate when you change mats for marks. When going from marks to mats ,if that's what they end up implementing, I'd be happy to get a fourth of that much tbh. 25 mats for 10 marks sound plausible, though that may just be wishful thinking.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm trying to work on making a Gorgon + jumps tutorial but I keep getting distracted looking for secrets in the maze. Probably a fruitless effort this late in the game.

After many flawless attempts being ended there by over confident long jumpers, I really wouldn't call it fruitless.

GlamFM

Banned
Those Who Have Become Legend (The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man

Stick together team.

I demand a live stream of these 6 as a team when the next Raid hits.

EDIT: Oh, one of them is on XBOX ONE - too bad :(

Jinjo

You guys weren't kidding about the vendor TDYK. It's good.

Still, I am gonna level my TDYK with increased reload on empty mag, increased stability and luck in the chamber too. That should be a fun handcannon to use.

Hopefully the patch lands tomorrow and it'll bring everything they have been talking about for months now.

After many flawless attempts being ended there by over confident long jumpers, I really wouldn't call it fruitless.

Haha sorry, didn't mean the tutorial was fruitless. I didn't make it clear but I meant me searching for new secrets is probably fruitless since the game has been out so long. I think a tutorial could certainly be fruitful if enough people are interested in learning flawless.

Haha actually that would be really fun. I think we are from different raid teams mostly but I would still be up for it, except that fig and I hate each other (
not really
).

That means there is one more spot available for the PS4 Platinum raid stream. Who's gonna take it?

ocean

Banned
You guys weren't kidding about the vendor TDYK. It's good.

Still, I am gonna level my TDYK with increased reload on empty mag, increased stability and luck in the chamber too. That should be a fun handcannon to use.

Hopefully the patch lands tomorrow and it'll bring everything they have been talking about for months now.
"We’re inbound with several bundles of joy in our hold. They’ll land in the weeks to come. Some of them will give everyone new things to do and earn. Some of them will prepare the world you’ve conquered for some new arrivals, and push the boundaries."

It's definitely up for interpretation but the wording here makes me think it won't all hit at once but rather as scattered "bundles of joy" over the "weeks to come".

GlamFM

Banned
Hawkmoon Question:

What´s the difference between "Hammer forged" and " Send it"?

wGIihNa.png

lVWLsi1.png

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Don't know if it mean much in the wake of that two man raid complete I've been hearing about but my buddies and I did normal yesterday and it was just the four of us.

Jinjo

"We’re inbound with several bundles of joy in our hold. They’ll land in the weeks to come. Some of them will give everyone new things to do and earn. Some of them will prepare the world you’ve conquered for some new arrivals, and push the boundaries."

It's definitely up for interpretation but the wording here makes me think it won't all hit at once but rather as scattered "bundles of joy" over the "weeks to come".

I was aiming at the (raid) bug fixes and exotic weapon tuning mostly. I'm okay with waiting (and kinda expect it) for the newly teased stuff such as shaders, new material economy etc. But that shit they've talked about more than a month ago should fucking drop now. There is no excuse.

Hawkmoon Question:

What´s the difference between "Hammer forged" and " Send it"?

wGIihNa.png

lVWLsi1.png

Send It is slightly better. That's it.

Ji66a-Man

I have the PS4 version, but it's still sealed and collecting dust. I wish my progress would carry over between platforms, but that isn't gonna happen. It's gonna take way too long to get my PS4 Destiny progress as far as Xbone progress.

Zakalwe

Banned
Haha sorry, didn't mean the tutorial was fruitless. I didn't make it clear but I meant me searching for new secrets is probably fruitless since the game has been out so long. I think a tutorial could certainly be fruitful if enough people are interested in learning flawless.

Ha, no I read it badly. In bed with flu. It's a good excuse.

ValeYard

Nothing will update before the dlc. Believe it.

Really? That's like a whole month from now. I hope the new Iron Banner at
least happens before the DLC...

With the weekly uodate being so incredibly vague, hope is still eternal for me.

Haha actually that would be really fun. I think we are from different raid teams mostly but I would still be up for it, except that fig and I hate each other (
not really
).

That means there is one more spot available for the PS4 Platinum raid stream. Who's gonna take it?

:lol Crota must be shitting himself.

We can just stay on opposite sides, won't be a problem. ;)

noomi

Is it too much to ask for Godhorn, Hawkmoon, and Vex Mythoclast :(

The 3 weapons I want most, have eluded me sine day 1.

Is it too much to ask for Godhorn, Hawkmoon, and Vex Mythoclast :(

The 3 weapons I want most, have eluded me sine day 1.

I am on a journey of my own until I get these 3. And of course they all have to be maxed.

Also getting a raid chest piece and boots would be nice

ocean

Banned
Have they removed the stat wheel from the Destiny App that lets you know how many hours played/kills etc?
The app has changed for the worse. Being able to select a character and just swipe between advisors, stats, gear and vault was a lot smarter than the current clunky interface where it's all separated.

The Vault is now at the Tower Map. Wtf. It won't let you see weapon upgrade trees anymore either for vaulted weapons. It's like they said fuck it lets trash the app for shit and giggles.

GlamFM

Banned
I am on a journey of my own until I get these 3. And of course they all have to be maxed.

Also getting a raid chest piece and boots would be nice

Raid weapons I´ve gotten:

Hawkmoon
VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Praedyth´s Revenge
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

Armor I´ve gotten:

tumbleweed.gif

Rixa

Got exotic weapon bounty took it by clicking (before looking from internet) first one.

Seems that my mission is now to dismantle 10 fusion rifles :p. Also waiting eagerly to die many times in Weekly Nightfall (never played Nightfall before, my only char is at lvl 26 warlock, with rare helmet and 0 vg marks left).

Anyways plan for this week is quite simple. Get bounty to that point where you need those fusion rifles and then grind Strike Playlist for some drops & money for possible vendor stuff.

Nowadays my level 0 hunter has shiny yellow radar helmet and it has also nice purple chest. My lvl 26 lock has 23 motes less, also at the same day got 2 purple lmg's (Zombie A. and The Swarm). Oh the irony of RNG.

Zocano

Uuuugh.

It's weird when you get portal teams super consistent at Hard Atheon but people aren't able to hold the outside and not die to supplicants.

Don't even know what to do about that. All 29s with maxed weapons and people just couldn't control the supplicant numbers.

edit: Not to mention several times when glitches happen (portals not functioning properly and shield splash damage).

edit edit: I'm more frustrated because I feel a group of 29s *should* be able to clear the entire raid.

But either people aren't being where they need to be or people just aren't outputting enough damage.

ocean

Banned

Hawkmoon
VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Praedyth´s Revenge
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

Armor I´ve gotten:

tumbleweed.gif
I've got Vision of Confluence, Atheon's Epilogue, Found Verdict, Praedyth's Revenge, Hezen Vengeance and Corrective Measure. Still missing the Hand Cannon, the Pulse Rifle and the Fusion Rifle. I also got the rather underwhelming Vex Mythoclast back when Atheon was clumsy.

I've also had two random Exotics drop during the raid: Red Death and a second Ice Breaker I foolishly sharded.

Midas

This is why I have stopped updating apps. Pro tip: don't update any apps right away. Wait at least a week to get feedback. Forced update is a whole other thing though, obviously.

Uuuugh.

It's weird when you get portal teams super consistent at Hard Atheon but people aren't able to hold the outside and not die to supplicants.

Don't even know what to do about that. All 29s with maxed weapons and people just couldn't control the supplicant numbers.

edit: Not to mention several times when glitches happen (portals not functioning properly and shield splash damage).

edit edit: I'm more frustrated because I feel a group of 29s *should* be able to clear the entire raid.

But either people aren't being where they need to be or people just aren't outputting enough damage.

It certainly is possible, but the general skill and knowledge + luck needs to be high combined with kickass weapons. G-horn is a must. As a team including two 30s we couldn't do it the first few days.

When it comes to 29s it might be actually easier bating the supplicants into exploding rather than shooting them. Or OHK grenades.

Edit: Personally experience showed that the center pillar strategy didn't really work. We spread out and the relic user took out supplicants by using his super. Plus relic super + weapons of light is almost as good as G-horn rocket (if you can hit him)

Uuuugh.

Tell the outside team to open the portals and then get to higher ground. Supplicants can't shut off a portal once it's active.

ocean

Banned
Uuuugh.

Three 29's outside being successful depends on my opinion on good positioning. One on top of the pillar on which side the team gets sent, another on a close support position and a middle platform sniper picking them off works well. When I run as defender I use the middle platform and pop a AoL bubble in a corner. That way I can go out and shoot while taking cover as soon as Atheon goes berserk while the relic carrier goes there.

Uuuugh.

I think one of the hard things about getting the supplicants under control are the three that wait behind the portal and swing around right as the portal team comes out. You need to have someone either on top of the portal, or on the opposite portal to get them right away. A couple of ports without taking those out will have them stacking to an overwhelming amount. Plus people don't seem to bother getting the supplicants on the non active portal side which also creates a bit of a snowball effect.

Man, so much salt and hyperbole on the "Destiny 2 months after release" thread. Sure the game has it's faults but damn... This image on there sums things up:

yK4WK9k.png

Shito

Yeah, I'm not touching that topic.
The game is guilty of a lot of things, but the fact that we already are at OT10 speaks volume about its qualities.
But, hey, it's internet, and it's life: things have to be either white or black...

NeOak

I could swear I could carry 30 charges for my Light/BEWARE before I unlocked its second perk while using my Raspberry chest.

Now I can only carry 24 o.o

SkylineRKR

Hawkmoon
VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Praedyth´s Revenge
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

Armor I´ve gotten:

tumbleweed.gif

I think I got:

Atheon's epilogue
Praedyth's Revenge
Found Verdict
Corrective Measure
Red Death
SUROS Regime
Vex Mythoclast
And all 4 Armor pieces.

Hiko

Banned
My main is a 29 warlock which I'm very happy with. Last week I decided to make a hunter for fun since I had some legendary gear and exotics for that class. And also to be able to run the weekly/raid twice. Got him up to 26 after much grinding. Honestly the hunter seems like a complete downgrade from the warlock. Gunslinger is pointless for high level pve since my regular weapons seem to be much more effective. Bladedancer is pointless other than for going stealth. Definitely prefer glide over triple jump as I can cover way more distance. And then you have self revive and fusion grenades and flame shield, etc. So far the only good hunter ability is chain of woe.

I think I'm just going to delete the hunter and make two warlock alts. Not only would it be way less work (I only have to level up to 20 and I'm done, don't have to level up any extra gear), but it's just easier to focus on one character instead of two.

DeviantBoi

Once you have all the weapons and armor you need from the Vanguard and/or Crucible, is there no point to the marks other than buy armor to dismantle for shards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom