• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

Just failed a flawless raid attempt. Atheon didn't teleport anyone for 4-5 rounds, then I got teleported alone and I fell off the ledge waiting for the portal to open. So disappointed. :(

Looks like the fatigue finally appeared in the minds of my buddies, can´t blame them, the grind in this game is very real, there is a serious lack of content, and the rewards for playing the same missions over and over again are clearly not worth it, this weekend i was left behind, some were playing COD, my brother Shadows of Mordor, some even Steamworld Dig and other PSplus games...yesterday i said "hell, let´s play vanguard tiger strikes, i could have some luck there", so i played a lot of strikes with randoms, only to see how that guy playing like YOLO, the same who had to be carried around across 6 strikes, gets The Last Word, while i was buried in blue armor and engrams.

THIS.FUCKING.GAME.

In other news, i managed to upgrade Red Death enough to use the special perk, it´s not worth it imho, the speed up reload is cool i guess, but the gun does not heal you like the description says, it just activates the regular health regen or that´s what it looked like, and it does not even work every single time, there was plenty of situations where i was killing shit and taking cover and my health didn´t went up (maybe it wasn´t working as intended, dunno)...the gun looks good, and hits somewhat hard (for a pulse rifle), but there are better non-exotic choices out there.

This week i will try Invective and Pocket Infinity, i must finish the Thorn Bounty, that gun sounds interesting, and i have to try Patience and Time too...

That´s what i do now, try shit, the game does not give me things to do, so i must make my own challenges :/ , i don´t know what to do with my marks, with my motes, i don´t really want to play more public events or daily missions, the thought of chest runs and material farming makes my head hurt, i guess that from now on, i´ll play some more crucible, the nightfall / weekly and maybe the normal raid if my buds are up to it (hard is out of the question, i would love to try that, but my buds are way too reckless), i still need the fucking gauntlets to reach 30, but the game will give me 100000000 ass shards/energies and chatterwhite instead, so i don´t really care anymore about that, maybe if they put raid-level gear for sale in the Iron Banner someday like they said they would i could get the shit i need.

Got a VOC from my very first normal raid run yesterday. Haven't used it too much yet, but so far seems pretty alright. Gosh, what I wouldn't give to trade it for one of your Mythoclasts!!

Use the VoC and unlock the auto fire mode with the 27 round magazine. It's a great weapon

SkylineRKR

Just failed a flawless raid attempt. Atheon didn't teleport anyone for 4-5 rounds, then I got teleported alone and I fell off the ledge waiting for the portal to open. So disappointed. :(

Thats why I won't even attempt it. Its a fight against glitches. Heroic Atheon can take 5 minutes or 2 hours with the same party. For example, we had him down to 5% health after just 3 wipes, but he teleported 1 and thus we lost. Without those glaring issues we can consistently beat him.

Damn that sucks. Personally I like when he doesn't teleport anyone, it's the second best option for me besides the proper 3-teleport, as long as your team has some illuminated WoL maxed GHorns. As long as people are on both sides to bring up the portal as soon as someone gets ported, you should only have to wait for it to open for 3-4 seconds before running out. I usually just hide behind one of the portal sides and make sure the outside team notifies me of any supplicants outside. You can then exit from whichever portal side is safer, run towards the back wall and cleanse.

If you guys got that close though I'm sure you'll get it next run.

Thats why I won't even attempt it. Its a fight against glitches. Heroic Atheon can take 5 minutes or 2 hours with the same party. For example, we had him down to 5% health after just 3 wipes, but he teleported 1 and thus we lost.

Glitches aren't a problem anymore if you run with at least one experienced flawless raider. Anyone who has beaten normal raid could do flawless honestly.

Milennia

Thats why I won't even attempt it. Its a fight against glitches. Heroic Atheon can take 5 minutes or 2 hours with the same party. For example, we had him down to 5% health after just 3 wipes, but he teleported 1 and thus we lost.

You can kill him like 40 seconds before enrage without a single times vengeance buff

Nicko

Use the VoC and unlock the auto fire mode with the 27 round magazine. It's a great weapon

Thanks! Will do. I just unlocked auto mode. Pretty cool so far, but man, the recoil is sorta making me not like it as much as my Suros. Do the reduced recoil perks help a lot??

Nicko

3rd best launcher, frees up ice breaker slot

pretty good imo if you don't have gjallar at least.

Sweet!! Thx. Now I don't feel so bad not spending my coins on Truth this week! Win-win!

Now if Xur would just sell icebreaker again, I will feel whole...

Geneijin
Firehawk
iRAWRasaurus
Milkham
Wonzo
and RuthlesBarbarian (DeathJr.)

(I don't think these are all the corresponding GAF/PS4 names, it's a mix)

Many thanks for the flawless attempts on the weekend. It was fun finding new, creative ways to die!

For anyone curious, we had three shots at Atheon, but we'd already had deaths (no wipes) earlier in the run.

1) First death inbetween Templar and the Gorgons. No deaths on jumping and Gatekeepers. Atheon teleoprted zero people the first time, then three as normal for all remaining phases (3 or 4?). I tripped on my own rocket on the second last phase.

2) First death at jumping puzzle, followed by many more (practice is good). One death at Gatekeepers, I believe. Atheon behaved normally.

3) Same as 2), except the Gatekeeper death did not get a 30s rez - it was auto due to the battle ending. Don't know if that makrs a difference or not. Anyway, Atheon was a total fucking bastard. Two phases of 0 and 1. I inadvertently backed into the left portal, got marked, then went to cry in a corner, eventually died and rezzed. After that, Atheon teleoprted the same two people (myself and Firehawk) for about four phases straight.

Strategy was: 3 people on each side, if two came through, we hauled ass. It worked pretty well. No weirdness with oracle marking.

We did not get Time's Vengeance at all. We tried but just failed to DPS him down - he had a sliver remaining before the enrage got us. That said, I was down for a while in the fight, and I didn't use heavy ammo which would've been another 7 Ghorn shots. Wasn't going to waste it. I reckon we could've got it at least 20s earlier if not for that.

It is very do-able, this was with 3 30's and 3 29's. It was also good to see the glitches in action and how to deal with them.

Wiped and all was good. No issues on the second attempt.

Looking forward to trying again. Just wish it wasn't so glitchy at the end :(

I'm up for more attempts, hope the guys who died at the jump puzzle got some practice jumps in :p

Boguester/DrDrizzay101 made an excellent point that everyone should be 100% familiar with the platforms. There is no need to risk triple jump/blade dance/titan smash etc, just learn the platforms and go one by one to avoid bumping.

There is already some instance of lag with the hit detection for jumps, I found out the hard way both times. That's 2 deaths out of 10 flawless runs due to jump lag. :(

maomaoIYP

In other news, i managed to upgrade Red Death enough to use the special perk, it´s not worth it imho, the speed up reload is cool i guess, but the gun does not heal you like the description says, it just activates the regular health regen or that´s what it looked like, and it does not even work every single time,

It works, but the proc occurs randomly and it's definitely not 100%. The amount of health immediately healed is only a small chunk but it's there.

Boguester/DrDrizzay101 made an excellent point that everyone should be 100% familiar with the platforms. There is no need to risk triple jump/blade dance/titan smash etc, just learn the platforms and go one by one to avoid bumping.(

Haha I really wish I could just change my PSN name and only be Boguester. Drizzay was my AOL instant messenger name from many years ago. Oh well, I just hate having two gaming "identities."

I should have the jumping checkpoint, I'll go ahead and make a quick tutorial video. Could probably run back and do Gorgons too.

Also, I'm happy to help with a flawless run if you need people. Trying to help another Gaffer do a hard raid now but doesn't seem like we can find enough people.

KeRaSh

Did a normal raid run from the beginning yesterday. Was pretty fun except for the fact that I didn't get any gear...
Got a second sniper rifle from the Templar and Atheon's Epilogue which seems to be pretty cool for void burn Nightfalls but other than that I just got ass materials.
My brother got every piece of raid gear (except helmet, obviously) so I was a little happy when I got a weapon from Atheon and he only got shards and Chatterwhite... >_>

Sorry bro, I'm fucking jeallous!

Not a bad haul this week, between the nightfall and raid across two characters I got:
  • Hard Light
  • Suros Regime
  • Fatebringer
  • A.1F19X-RYL
  • Tread of the Hezen Lords
  • Assorted ascendant materials

Here's hoping the lucky streak holds up after the weekly reset.

If I'm on when you guys do this (almost a given) then you can sign me up. :)

Let me know when, baby.

I'm happy to help too of course if you need another runner but obviously priority goes to newcomers.

Has anyone ever just hung out in the Gorgon maze by yourself for a long time? It's really freaky but fun too. I'm probably crazy but I feel like there might be a 2nd floor you can jump up to somehow. Probably crazy.

TTG

Lost 3 matches in control to what seemed like the same people, looked at it post game and they were in a fire team. On the fourth I got just enough help from randoms, went 31 and 4 on Twilight Gap. Fuck your mythoclast, fuck your hawk moon(not really, I'd like to try both). These small moments are still so much fun.

Zakalwe

Banned
Today I will mostly be levelling my Red Death and testing both that and my secondary unlevelled Regime in pvp.

People talked up RD something fierce yesterday, I hope their talk wasn't cheap.

Damn these OT's move fast. It's a full time job trying to keep up with them :p

In other news I caved in and purchased Diablo 3. Destiny really should take some pointers from that game, you get showered in loot of all different kinds, sometimes upgrades ain't as straight forward as they seem either.

BLU-82

Got the grimoire notification that I had run my 15th raid yesterday (across 2 warlocks). In this time I have found 1 glove in terms of raid gear. Never seen the chest or boots.
I have been looking for boots for over a month now as it is all I need to hit 30. Do they have some really low drop rate or am I just cursed? :(

Zakalwe

Banned
Just realize my name is on the wall of shame for OT9. The OT moves way fast.

And soon you'll be on the wall of fame with that glistening platinum.

We need to get as many people to beat flawless as possible then post the results to Bungie. Some kind of middle finger to the glitches.

Maybe we could start a flawless raid clinic or something? Actually that's a horrible choice of words, sorry. Don't know what I was thinking.

Maybe we could start a flawless raid clinic or something? Actually that's a horrible choice of words, sorry. Don't know what I was thinking.

I'm trying to work on making a Gorgon + jumps tutorial but I keep getting distracted looking for secrets in the maze. Probably a fruitless effort this late in the game.

Got the grimoire notification that I had run my 15th raid yesterday (across 2 warlocks). In this time I have found 1 glove in terms of raid gear. Never seen the chest or boots.
I have been looking for boots for over a month now as it is all I need to hit 30. Do they have some really low drop rate or am I just cursed? :(

It´s just the way this game works, you could run just 1 raid and get everything, you could run 30 and get shards + chatterwhite every single time

Daemul

It works, but the proc occurs randomly and it's definitely not 100%. The amount of health immediately healed is only a small chunk but it's there.
It's not random, it quickly activates your health regen, all the way to 100% health, with every kill, but if you're shot or take damage whilst your health is regenerating, then the health regen will stop.

Good players can stay alive indefinitely with the Red Death, since their health is always quickly regenerating, and the risk of being put in the red danger zone, where the next few hits will kill you, is greatly, and I mean greatly, reduced.

2real4tv

I am really loving the Vex M feels like a game changer, not a fan of VoC I use my TDYN over it when fighting adds in the raid. Only use VoC for oracles.

Also who in the hell figured out the secret chest after the gatekeeper? Did the devs give clues?

I am really loving the Vex M feels like a game changer, not a fan of VoC I use my TDYN over it when fighting adds in the raid. Only use VoC for oracles.

Also who in the hell figured out the secret chest after the gatekeeper? Did the devs give clues?

Secret chest after gatekeepers? Where's this?

I'm happy to help too of course if you need another runner but obviously priority goes to newcomers.

Has anyone ever just hung out in the Gorgon maze by yourself for a long time? It's really freaky but fun too. I'm probably crazy but I feel like there might be a 2nd floor you can jump up to somehow. Probably crazy.

Can I grab the gorgon checkpoint off you? Want to try something with hunter invisibility.

Can I grab the gorgon checkpoint off you? Want to try something with hunter invisibility.

For sure. I'm still in here now fucking around, just join on my fireteam whenever.

Edit: Of course I finally get up to the second level I was trying to jump to... and there's an invisible ceiling and a "Turn Back" kill zone as soon as you get here. Oh well.

ocean

Banned
The weekly update mentioned new economies for planetary materials. The idea that I'll be able to use some currency to get relic iron is, honest to god, far more exciting than any expansion or future loot drop. Not having to farm until my brain melts in boredom will be a correction of my biggest gripe with the game.

I hope it's marks vs mats. The quartermasters don't have any weapons I want and don't have. Capping marks each week for planetary mats sounds infinitely more enjoyable than spinning around hunting chests and killing dregs.

It will break my heart of the currency they sell against is random ass Motes of Light though since there's no reliable way to get then.

Daemul

I am sure most 30s currently around are only 30 because they cheesed Atheon until they got all the parts they needed.
That would be an incredibly ineffective way of reaching level 30, as Atheon doesn't even drop all the armour pieces.

Aren't there a number of Fallen Majors by the helicopters in Skywatch?

Just one that appears randomly. Your best bet it to find a warsat public event on earth or the moon, it will spawn 10 majors for you to kill.

Otherwise, ishtar cliffs on Venus has about 3 and they respawn within a minute.

Fitts

Just one that appears randomly. Your best bet it to find a warsat public event on earth or the moon, it will spawn 10 majors for you to kill.

Otherwise, ishtar cliffs on Venus has about 3 and they respawn within a minute.

For fallen majors, I just run the Archives on heroic. It gives more than enough of them and is super easy to run through.

ocean

Banned
I haven't even done the first mission on the Director. After the intro sequence I started playing Crucible and have leveled up at an OK pace while there.

I'm never going to do even a single story mission on my Hunter. My goal is to max him out with an empty map - it's a silly goal but it'll feel cool I guess. I suppose the only downside will be not being able to share VoG checkpoints (since I won't be able to initiate launch as Venus won't be selectable) and I'll need to switch out characters for (ew) planetary material farming.

Fitts

The weekly update mentioned new economies for planetary materials. The idea that I'll be able to use some currency to get relic iron is, honest to god, far more exciting than any expansion or future loot drop. Not having to farm until my brain melts in boredom will be a correction of my biggest gripe with the game.

I hope it's marks vs mats. The quartermasters don't have any weapons I want and don't have. Capping marks each week for planetary mats sounds infinitely more enjoyable than spinning around hunting chests and killing dregs.

It will break my heart of the currency they sell against is random ass Motes of Light though since there's no reliable way to get then.

All of this. Glimmer would be fine, but maybe a bit too easy. Marks would be a perfect currency. I just don't see how the exchange rates would work with motes or coins.

All of this. Glimmer would be fine, but maybe a bit too easy. Marks would be a perfect currency. I just don't see how the exchange rates would work with motes or coins.

Best way is to have patrol missions award resources. 5 per mission at least. No need for alternate economies.

They could add difficulty levels for patrol as well. Instead of level 4 patrol, we could select level 10 patrol that awards double the resources. I can't fathom why simple choices like this haven't been implemented yet.

ocean

Banned
You can already get 5 marks for 50 mats. It'd be too much to hope for the same conversion rate. I'm guessing the ask-bid spread will be enormous but that's ok.

A Tiger Strike gives me 6 marks. An upgrade is 16 mats. My weapons are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom