• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Grabbed the Last Word and an Exotic Engram. Engram turns into a Helm of Inmost Light that completely doodoos on first one in Strength. Gonna level the second one, then scrap the first for shards to buff it. Gonna give this TLW to my Warlock, since my Titan and Hunter both have an ass ton of Exotics, and he only has the Monte Carlo.

You should give the poor Warlock more than just TLW, if all he had to survive with was Monte Carlo.

What's so special about The Last Word?

I have a fully upgraded TDYK and have the coins spare to buy one but I'm just wondering why everyone has been so desperate for it. Does it have any perks that set it aside from other hand cannons?

Full auto with a very high ROF, especially useful after the stability perk and also good for hip-fire with extra crit damage for hip fire crit vs ADS crit. Not a long range weapon but good for mid range encounters in PVP.

Jinjo

Sadly, this is very true. I see so many people write off different pieces of armor or certain guns because they don't see immediate results like whatever they might be using at the moment.

Exactly. I actually really want a Monte Carlo and No Backup Plans or Insurmountable Skullfort. I think Monte Carlo will work really well in combination with No Backup Plans. Spec your barrier to the max and you can probably keep up your overshield for a very long time. Same with Insurmountable Skullfort, (improved) melee heals all around (ME Vanguard much?). Just sounds like fun melee builds. Only thing that misses is maybe an item that increases melee damage, which should've been a perk on Monte Carlo imo.

Meanwhile everyone is kneedeep up the Armamentarium's ass...

WITHE1982

Cool. Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I'll pick one up.

Upgrading it will give me something to do besides cursing the RNG (*forever 29).

Just ran into iRAWR in the tower when he randomly joined the same instance I was already in.

I was like "some random blueberry is waving at me... wait a second..." haha

Games like this always have grind.

Buy telemetries and pass the weapon you're upgrading around alts to maximise bounties. It'll speed things up considerably.

I'm currently leveling my first (and only due to time) alt. She's at 15 now and once I get her to 20 I have the gear to get her to 29 immediately. Should happen this weekend. I'll probably pass the Horn around, but I got so many legendary and a few exotic weapons for her that I need to level those up to use her in the raid.

I don't want to have to constantly have to transfer things in the vault. While I got my 3rd VoC last night, I didn't mind it since I needed it for my alt. Regret sharding my 2nd and my original Voidfang Vestments.

One thing I'm annoyed at is that lately the bounties have had low XP returns. And while I still love playing the game, especially weeklies, Nightfall and Raid, I'm getting kinda burned out on the daily bounty grind. I'm now only doing 3 per day that I can do quickly while doing the daily story and public event.

With Dragon Age approaching, I'm going to have a hard time dividing my limited free time between both games.

Took a gamble and got knucklehead rader :) ahh yeah! Plus loaded me in the tower with the doctor/boguester :p

Just ran into iRAWR in the tower when he randomly joined the same instance I was already in.

I was like "some random blueberry is waving at me... wait a second..." haha
Haha I saw your name and was wondering "no way it loaded me the same tower"

Jinjo

Cool. Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I'll pick one up.

Upgrading it will give me something to do besides cursing the RNG (*forever 29).

Iron Banner next week will give +30 light boots and gauntlets.

Was hoping for the helm (and chest) most of all personally (since Titan raid helmet is buttugly), but you can't have everything I guess. I feel most people are either missing raid greaves or gauntles so I can understand Bungie's choice in those two.

NastyBook

Wow, this TLW looks fucking stupid straddling my back. My Red Hand IX looks much better at the small of my back instead of directly on it. Maybe it's a glitch or something...

I like Scout Rifles.

Also, a friend of mine got one in Crucible the first week the game was out. I've basically wanted one ever since. It's my white whale.

I got one last week from tiger strikes and I like it a lot. VoC is better in every way but it's still a good weapon. Love how it sounds and feels in general

Wow, this TLW looks fucking stupid straddling my back. My Red Hand IX looks much better at the small of my back instead of directly on it. Maybe it's a glitch or something...

Yeah lol it's like a giant heavy weapon strapped to my back

NastyBook

You should give the poor Warlock more than just TLW, if all he had to survive with was Monte Carlo.
Yeah, he was fucked with just that MC sitting up top. He does have an Invective and Thunderlord, though. But yeah, in the realm of primaries, he's now playing with power.

Buy telemetries and pass the weapon you're upgrading around alts to maximise bounties. It'll speed things up considerably.

Does a telemetry stay in effect if you change characters? Cause I'm trying to save up daily public event rewards and it would be awesome to see how many I could use at once.

Jinjo

Scumbag Iron Banner strats for next week:

1. Throw all your matches
2. Stock up on tokens
3. Wait (like literally wait till the last IB day)
4. Activate rep buff
5. Win one match
6. Profit?

I'm so ashamed for thinking of this lol.

WITHE1982

Iron Banner next week will give +30 light boots and gauntlets.

Was hoping for the helm (and chest) most of all personally (since Titan raid helmet is buttugly), but you can't have everything I guess. I feel most people are either missing raid greaves or gauntles so I can understand Bungie's choice in those two.

Good to know thanks dude. Now just to find a helm and I'm set.

2. Stock up on tokens
4. Activate rep buff
5. Win one match
6. Profit?

You can only carry five Iron Medallions at a time.

NastyBook

Is Xur selling the Last Word? IS XUR SELLING THE FUCKING LAST WORD?! OH HAPPY DAY!!!
I JUST TOOK THIS GUN TO VENUS (BABY) AND FIRED IT OLD WEST STYLE. I FIRED IT SOME MORE AND FOUND OUT IT HAS FUCKING AUTO FIRE.

MY DICK CAN SMASH DIAMONDS RIGHT NOW.

I'm going to dream well tonight. Sorry for yelling. :D

SkylineRKR

Is Xur selling the Last Word? IS XUR SELLING THE FUCKING LAST WORD?! OH HAPPY DAY!!!

Bungie be trollin'

They said that if everyone wanted TLW, it doesn't mean that.. you can fill it in. But I still think they cockblock Horn and IB for PvE and esp. Raid reasons.

HighOnPCP

This is me looking at Xur's Items for the last 3 weeks:

DNWc5.jpg

TTG

Preliminary TLW impressions: It's great and I'm far too impatient with it. Too many body shots, I feel like I'm only getting one head shot per encounter. I'll get used to it though, new weapon type and all that.

Acorn

2. Stock up on tokens
4. Activate rep buff
5. Win one match
6. Profit?

Wait ib is next week? Sweet, level 30 here I come if they sell boots

blazeuk

Grabbed the Last Word and an Exotic Engram. Engram turns into a Helm of Inmost Light that completely doodoos on first one in Strength. Gonna level the second one, then scrap the first for shards to buff it. Gonna give this TLW to my Warlock, since my Titan and Hunter both have an ass ton of Exotics, and he only has the Monte Carlo.

I did exactly the same thing, got The Last Word and an Exotic Engram except mine turned into a worse Helm of Inmost Light and was instantly discarded (not for the first time either).

Namikaze1

I'm buying 2 cause why the hell not. I still have to do weekly heroic on all three of my characters anyway so I'll still have coins for next week.

KeRaSh

IB will have gloves and boots? Well I don't want gloves but will get them anyways if possible. I would love to keep my Sunbreakers. I'm pretty sure if I can get my hands on the boots I will see them drop the very next time I raid...

ocean

Banned
23 coins for TLW right? I have 40 and haven't run weekly on my Warlock... It'd be silly buying 2 but it feels good knowing I could afford it. I usually buy a weapon and an armor but I have all the armor this week offers.

Generally, it's not worth judging a Legendary/Exotic until you've unlocked all the unique upgrades. Have you tried it fully upgraded? What is so bad about it in PvE?

There are better options out there for PVE, like Fatebringer and Hawkmoon. TLW doesn't have good range and only has 8 bullets in a clip.

Generally, it's not worth judging a Legendary/Exotic until you've unlocked all the unique upgrades. Have you tried it fully upgraded? What is so bad about it in PvE?

It's been maxed for weeks. It jams like crazy, jumps all over the place even with the stability upgrade, it only has 8 shots with a total of 70 something, garbage at range, lots of visual recoil.

Such an overrated gun on gaf. If it's PVP I can understand. It's freaking garbage on PVE.

Fitts

Welp, looks like my stable of exotic hand cannons is now complete. Thanks, Xur!

I have Hawkmoon maxed (hits like a truck -- it's like a mini Icebreaker!) and Thorn ready to be maxed. (haven't sunk the ascendants because it's been exclusively used in PvP) With Xur selling more hand cannon telemetries I'll stock up and get TLW to a similar level ASAP. I can't wait to see how it compares, but does anyone have any thoughts with the next Iron Banner looming or should I just max 'em all and see for myself?

...screw it. They're friggin' hand cannons. Ascendants for all!

Welp, looks like my stable of exotic hand cannons is now complete. Thanks, Xur!

I have Hawkmoon maxed (hits like a truck -- it's like a mini Icebreaker!) and Thorn ready to be maxed. (haven't sunk the ascendants because it's been exclusively used in PvP) With Xur selling more hand cannon telemetries I'll stock up and get TLW to a similar level ASAP. I can't wait to see how it compares, but does anyone have any thoughts with the next Iron Banner or should I just max 'em all and see for myself?

...screw it. They're friggin' hand cannons. Ascendants for all!

I'm still looking for Hawkmoon and Fatebringer ;_;

Then I can complete my HC set.

Melchiah

Swarm. I got a solar and arc one. And corrective measures for vid there basically the same

Go with the one that has the better perks and specs for you

Used both. Swarm sits in my vault for arc burns. Deviant turned into energy for Swarm upgrade.

I think I'll go with The Swarm then. Thanks. Unless it would be a better idea to wait for the DLC, and save the credits for the gear it brings.

Fitts

I'm still looking for Hawkmoon and Fatebringer ;_;

Then I can complete my HC set.

I empathize. I have yet to acquire Fatebringer.

That said, I'll be looking to hit Templar three times this weekend in hopes of a drop! Add me if you're up for the same. (PS4; EinFurDieDamen)

That said, I'll be looking to hit Templar three times this weekend in hopes of a drop! Add me if you're up for the same. (PS4; EinFurDieDamen)
I have a oracle hard checkpoint. Only catch is if you don't mind me using my weak lvl27 warlock :p. I just wanna get some easy loot. I will switch over to my lvl30 hunter if you want to do the gatekeeper and Atheon.

Edit: also don't mind giving it to you as well :)

TTG

It's been maxed for weeks. It jams like crazy, jumps all over the place even with the stability upgrade, it only has 8 shots with a total of 70 something, garbage at range, lots of visual recoil.

Such an overrated gun on gaf. If it's PVP I can understand. It's freaking garbage on PVE.

There's nothing wrong with guns that are specifically good at pvp or pve. To try and balance everything for both would be cutting a huge chunk of variety off a game that's already somewhat compromised when it comes to creative weapons/armor.

Hell yeah! Let's be hunting buddies for dat Fatebringer.

PSN: earvcunanan

iRAWR, you're already on my PSN list. I'm going to bed, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom