• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Does a telemetry stay in effect if you change characters? Cause I'm trying to save up daily public event rewards and it would be awesome to see how many I could use at once.

No no. Just make the most of it on each.

Load up five complete pvp, activate telemetry, hand in, quickly do pve bounties, hand in. Can do that in half an hour. Then switch.

If you play a lot of coop, yes it is. :)

Maybe for PVE or that PVP mode with revivals, but it's really the least useful of exotic abilities.

Cool. I'll probably end up using it in PvE because it looks cool haha

---

TLW looks so good holstered. Xursday was awesome this week c:

vkupnq.jpg

SgtCobra

Selling the Armentarium...Again? Xûr pls, ugh.
Still no SUROS or Gjallarhorn...

Bad week all around, don't care about a hand cannon.

I got a question btw, if I did the raid on hard first this week, will I be able to obtain (raid) weapons if I do it on normal today?

Atkison04

I have a oracle hard checkpoint. Only catch is if you don't mind me using my weak lvl27 warlock :p. I just wanna get some easy loot. I will switch over to my lvl30 hunter if you want to do the gatekeeper and Atheon.

I wouldn't mind trying that with my 29 warlock if you still have that checkpoint in like 10 hours. Doubtful!

I wouldn't mind trying that with my 29 warlock if you still have that checkpoint in like 10 hours. Doubtful!
I can switch it over to my hunter.

edit: also have classes and I need to write a paper + turn it in within a few hours as well. So I will most likely have it still.

I have a oracle hard checkpoint. Only catch is if you don't mind me using my weak lvl27 warlock :p. I just wanna get some easy loot. I will switch over to my lvl30 hunter if you want to do the gatekeeper and Atheon.

Edit: also don't mind giving it to you as well :)

Yup same here as well. Need that Oracle, Templar and first gorgon chest loot. Then I can switch to my 30 Warlock.

I'd like the checkpoint as well. 29 warlock. MrChowderClam on psn c:

Kensuke

I'm starting a fresh hard raid soon on PSN. It would be great if anyone has an oracle checkpoint, if not we'll just do it from the start.

1. Wretched_Walrus (lvl 30, hunter)

Rixa

There are better options out there for PVE, like Fatebringer and Hawkmoon. TLW doesn't have good range and only has 8 bullets in a clip.

It's been maxed for weeks. It jams like crazy, jumps all over the place even with the stability upgrade, it only has 8 shots with a total of 70 something, garbage at range, lots of visual recoil.

Such an overrated gun on gaf. If it's PVP I can understand. It's freaking garbage on PVE.

Fatebringer>>>>>tlw

Thanks. Iam wondering should I buy TLW or not, it would be my 1st exotic gun.
But:
1. Generally I dont like Hand Cannons
2. Playing only PVE
3. Got 4 Lege primary weapons (0 secondary...)
- Super Pox VLO
- Atheons Epiloque
- Venation III
- Fair and Square (got this yesterday)

I may skip this weeks Xur. One question tho.
I have all legendary armour see my stats, chest is maxed Nerigal Savant III, carry more AR & Sniper ammo. Should I buy Warlock vest or not?

I try to get 4 motes more (have 19) and do this weeks engram lottery (last week got Hunter, that Radar helmet).

So get 4 motes, try lottery, if not lock helm ,then maybe buy chest armor or not?

SgtCobra

"Still no Suros"?
Never thought I would read that... ^^
Yeah I really need one for PvE and I missed all those weekends where he used to sell them... I'm a bit ashamed of myself as I really hate that weapon.

Edit: yeah that Mote of Light lottery thing never works out well for me, never got anything for my class of choice.

X-Frame

138 armamentrium, it's torture... do I buy it a THIRD time? Lol

*sigh* I am. 138 is just 2 stat roll points shy of the maximum of 140. The chances of me finding a 139 or 140 after this is extremely low.

I may not put shards into it yet because I need the shards to get all my characters up to 29/30, but eventually I'll swap it out.

There are guns hyped to hell and back on here that I don't understand.

The last word and Suros, IMO are not that good.

I only play pve unless I have exotic bounty requirements in the crucible.

The last word has pathetic range, Suros is just really slow while aiming, and I'm always ads never from the hip.

Really hope the godhorn doesn't fall under the same hype umbrella, I'm yet to find one but desire it.

The last word has pathetic range, Suros is just really slow while aiming, and I'm always ads never from the hip.

Really hope the godhorn doesn't fall under the same hype umbrella, I'm yet to find one but desire it.

TLW and Suros are great for the Crucible. Godhorn is great for anything.

Rixa

It's nice, it shows people ranting about the repeats that not everyone had the opportunity to buy an item when it was in stock. :)

I didnt have coins when it was on sale (my first week in Destiny). Also I would really love some Exotic secondary weapon but dat RNG wont give me legendary, might buy one with marks after next tuesday.

Zakalwe

Banned

Both Regime and TLW are top tier pvp weapons. They're incredible.

Regime is probably the best overall pvp weapon right now, and TLW is one of if not the best rumble primary weapons.

For Pve they're less impressive.

None if these weapons are over hyped, including Gjallahorn. All three are top tier.

Melchiah

Selling the Armentarium...Again? Xûr pls, ugh.
Still no SUROS or Gjallarhorn...

Bad week all around, don't care about a hand cannon.

I got a question btw, if I did the raid on hard first this week, will I be able to obtain (raid) weapons if I do it on normal today?

Suros was available few weeks ago. It's annoying, that Xur's prices go up without any notice. I'm now a single Strange Coin short of getting the Last Word, and I have no time to play the game and get that missing coin before he leaves. =/

Suros was available few weeks ago. It's annoying, that Xur's prices go up without any notice. I'm now a single Strange Coin short of getting the Last Word, and I have no time to play the game and get that missing coin before he leaves. =/

Primary weapons are always 23 coins.
Special and heavy weapons always 17 coins.

NextGen

I'm starting a fresh hard raid soon on PSN. It would be great if anyone has an oracle checkpoint, if not we'll just do it from the start.

1. Wretched_Walrus (lvl 30, hunter)

would love to run through fresh, not much hard exp but done normal a few times. Lvl 29 hunter Yorkie7480

Kensuke

Need the oracle as well. I'll help you out.

would love to run through fresh, not much hard exp but done normal a few times. Lvl 29 hunter Yorkie7480

Right now I can't find enough people, but I'll send you an invite if I manage to get into a team.

Atkison04

I can switch it over to my hunter.

edit: also have classes and I need to write a paper + turn it in within a few hours as well. So I will most likely have it still.

That would be cool man, let me know! I think I may attempt my first fresh hard raid Sunday at some point. I just want another chance to roll some raid gear with my warlock. My other two characters are still too squishy to attempt hard with.

njd_online

Banned
I just knew the weekend I was away would be the weekend Xur would pull something out if his bag that I really want!

Dammit!

They need to give access to the vendors via the app!

X-Frame

I'm very curious to see what the community thinks of The Last Word now that SUROS has been out for a couple times.

I maintain my thoughts that MOST won't really like it in PvP because it isn't an instant I WIN gun and is certainly more difficult to control and use effectively compared to most auto rifles.

Most probably will even prefer the Hawkmoon/LHF/TDYK type harder-hitting hand cannons as well.

E92 M3

The horn will solve all of your problems.

I'm very curious to see what the community thinks of The Last Word now that SUROS has been out for a couple times.

I maintain my thoughts that MOST won't really like it in PvP because it isn't an instant I WIN gun and is certainly more difficult to control and use effectively compared to most auto rifles.

Most probably will even prefer the Hawkmoon/LHF/TDYK type harder-hitting hand cannons as well.

I think most people won't have the patience to get used to it and level it till that stability upgrade.
TLW is the best primary weapon for PVP in my opinion and I really hope not everybody learns to use it properly :D That would suck.

But its not only the best weapon, but also really, really fun to use.

X-Frame

I think most people won't have the patience to get used to it and level it till that stability upgrade.
TLW is the best primary weapon for PVP in my opinion and I really hope not everybody learns to use it properly :D That would suck.

But its not only the best weapon, but also really, really fun to use.

Exactly. I didn't even touch mine until I unlocked Perfect Balance so I don't even know how it was before that. I'm sure most will be taking it into the Crucible ASAP without any upgrades and there will be posts asking what's was so good about the gun, haha.

Not properly used it yet but first impressions are that i prefer Thorn in PvP. The amount of times that DoT kills people trying to run away from me is hilarious.

Also, does DoT's stack?

For example, i play as a Sun lock specced into Ignite DoT for all my grenades/melee. If i grenade someone, does the Thorn DoT tick ontop of that?

Hah, I feel exactly the same way.

I don't think we'll be seeing it in PVP as much as the Suros though. Most people still tend to gravitate towards auto rifles, it seems like. And for TLW to be viable, one really has to get that stability upgrade.

Well shit, now I know what it feels like when Xur depreciates your exotics.

After weeks of searching, strikes and nightfalls waiting for The Lasf Word, I got it on one of the 3 nightfalls this week, now Xur is selling it.

First time I've felt this about Xur. Ugh.

Fuck!!! And I have every item he's selling. What a waste of a Xur week. I guess that's what happens when you have 3 high level character (30 Titan, 29 Hunter, 27 Warlock)

*sigh* I am. 138 is just 2 stat roll points shy of the maximum of 140. The chances of me finding a 139 or 140 after this is extremely low.

I may not put shards into it yet because I need the shards to get all my characters up to 29/30, but eventually I'll swap it out.

Damn, 140 is max? I lucked out with my voidfang vestments then

Rather disappointing that the Iron Banner will only have boots and gauntlets for Lvl 30 wear. I have those 2 from the Raid already. I ideally now need to pick up the chest piece from a Raid (which could or could not happen anytime soon or ever) and also wait for Xur with an Exotic Helm (which again is rather pot luck, though have a chance at at some point). But really all I need is a Helm right now, but doing the Hard Raid is a pain (again which there's no guarantee I get anything). This game! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom