• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunlunqq

Just woke up. Is good Xur really selling TLW? That's like too good to be true... Is it mainly a PVP weapon? Hoe does it fare in PVE? If it's good all around, I'll buy 3 for all of my characters.

Cømet

Banned
I'm picturing my Hunter running around invisible like the Predator. Picking off the weak humans one at a time.

That'd be a lot of fun too. There should be a unique game mode for each class.

So, The Last Word eh? At least somebody'll be happy! Picked one up for my hunter, may as well. Annoyed that it's Voidfang again. Just give us Praxic Fire already!

Dante316

Taming the last word ain't easy :), most people will hate this gun. I won't be handing out secerts to use it now lol as all of you are my foes now.

Daggoth

Bought TLW. I'm not a handcannon fan so not sure if I'll level it or not.

It's bugging me though - I only have 7 exotics so disregard this if it's simply wrong - this feels like the first exotic that's actually unique, in terms of animation, firing, etc. Sure Thorn and Invective have interesting sights, and Thunderlord has that explody thingy, but animation-wise, they feel very much like reskins of normal weapons.

Just seems like laziness, or I'm not paying proper attention :(

Gordon

PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW-PEW, SSSCHLICK-SCHLICK (repeat ad nauseam)
I thought I would have reservations about getting one from Xur, but after seeing two drop in Tiger Strikes, and one to a player who wasn't really pulling his weight, it just feels good. It's time to get my hand cannon collection rolling, and this is a great start. Xur also allowed me to finish the Super Good Advice bounty today, so now I just have Thorn left to finish and I'll have the full set of missive weapons. Xur is a cool guy.

Gordon

Ever since I got Hawkmoon my Last Word has been collecting dust in the vault. Last Word is great, especially the unique animations, but Hawkmoon is the best gun in the game in my opinion
But in the Hawkmoon vacuum of Bill Gates' shadow, what gun should stand first if not THE Last Word? lol

noomi

TLW & Void Drive, only 9 coins left now..... I don't like having a small amount of coins :(

At least Tuesday I'll get another 9, so if gjallahorn comes I should be able to afford it.

Namikaze1

RNGeus must love fucking with me. Legendary primary engram drops while doing the kill 3 in a single super 20 times bounty. I head to tower and talked to Rahool.

Legendary engram turns into The Last Word.

Fuck you, RNGesus! Just fuck you!

Fitts

I have a oracle hard checkpoint. Only catch is if you don't mind me using my weak lvl27 warlock :p. I just wanna get some easy loot. I will switch over to my lvl30 hunter if you want to do the gatekeeper and Atheon.

Edit: also don't mind giving it to you as well :)

I would have no problem with this and that's super generous of you. Unfortunately I'm at work, but if you'll be on tonight it's on!

Namikaze1

Every fucking time I buy something from Xur, I get it as a reward or an engram drop a few hours later. Fucking RNGesus fucking around with me.

Fitts

Hell yeah! Let's be hunting buddies for dat Fatebringer.

PSN: earvcunanan

iRAWR, you're already on my PSN list. I'm going to bed, tho.

Adding you now. Again, sorry for being tied up for a while today but I should be on at about 5pm EST tonight and then throughout the weekend. With the temperature plummeting in NY I won't be leaving the house much for a while.

Gordon

Every fucking time I buy something from Xur, I get it as a reward or an engram drop a few hours later. Fucking RNGesus fucking around with me.
RNGesus is jealous of Xur's generosity.

Seriously though it feels like it drops items I inspect in vendor inventories surprisingly often. Today I got a fwc helmet that I've been eyeing up from a legendary engram. My plan is just to regularly inspect stuff I want and hope it gets gifted to me.

allday247

Banned
quick question: if every defence upgrade nets you 2 extra light. Why at lvl 29 with 1 more upgrade to go on raid gear is my light 117? I have 3 raid gear and 1 exotic.

raindoc

Well shit, now I know what it feels like when Xur depreciates your exotics.

After weeks of searching, strikes and nightfalls waiting for The Lasf Word, I got it on one of the 3 nightfalls this week, now Xur is selling it.

First time I've felt this about Xur. Ugh.

Fuck!!! And I have every item he's selling. What a waste of a Xur week. I guess that's what happens when you have 3 high level character (30 Titan, 29 Hunter, 27 Warlock)

I haven't seen Xur selling anything interesting (to me) for 4, now 5 weeks in a row.

So I have a hard Oracle CP. Just looking to get my 27 Hunter through that, the Templar and the first Gorgon maze chest. Afterwards can change to my 30 Warlock for GK and Atheon.

Anyone willing to help carry me? On PS4, ID in profile.

Acorn

So I have a hard Oracle CP. Just looking to get my 27 Hunter through that, the Templar and the first Gorgon maze chest. Afterwards can change to my 30 Warlock for GK and Atheon.

Anyone willing to help carry me? On PS4, ID in profile.
Willing to have another hunter alt tag along? I'm only level 28 on that

I haven't seen Xur selling anything interesting (to me) for 4, now 5 weeks in a row.

Having 3 characters it's taken awhile to have nothing for all 3 but this week did it. The worst part is that I'm sure all the new weapons and armour that are only in The Dark Below will never make it to Xur and he will continue to become more and more worthless.

Lakitu

st5fu
Haven't played since Tuesday but I'll always check out Xur on Fridays and what does he have for me? The Last Word!! Yesssss :d

Pickman

:(

Knock 'em dead, and report back with all the glorious spoils of the raid. I'm gonna go cry in a corner beside Eva Levante.

My first ever raid netted me:

3 Ass Energy, 12 Ass Shards, my space wizard raid boots (strength, ick), and Chatterwhite.

I look forward to more raiding in the future now that the fear wall has been dissolved. This place is cake.

I'm very curious to see what the community thinks of The Last Word now that SUROS has been out for a couple times.

I maintain my thoughts that MOST won't really like it in PvP because it isn't an instant I WIN gun and is certainly more difficult to control and use effectively compared to most auto rifles.

Most probably will even prefer the Hawkmoon/LHF/TDYK type harder-hitting hand cannons as well.

I agree with this. I maxed my Last Word today and have used it continuously since I got it on NF this Tuesday. As cool as it is to use I miss head shots and getting them with TLW from the hip is something I haven't been able to master yet and by the feel of it..won't any time soon. I can land consecutive headshots with Hawkmoon and other comparable HCs. When it comes to shots I prefer quality over quantity/RoF. :D

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man

I have 77 strange coins and Xur has nothing for me this weekend.
I've got 133, it's been weeks since I've been able to splurge. I have every item he has this week. Damnit.
firstworldproblemsmilkandcookies-themdarmfirst_419d89_3174805.jpg

Cømet

Banned
So, what Legendary/Exotic HCs are folks collecting? I mean besides Hawkmoon, Lord High Fixer, The Last Word, Thorn, The Devil You Know and Fatebringer. What else do people find necessary to call their collections complete?

I'd like the faction ones.....but that'd involve levelling three factions.

Truphenom

Glad ppl will get the chance to experience last word. Fun gun and I decided to by 2 more so that all my classes have one. Have almost every gun now but the hard raid ones. Pretty fun to have a collection to choose from.

LiK

Just checked what Xur's selling...HAHAHAHA

TLW FINALLY. Edit: Got 23 coins on my Titan and 13 on my Hunter. Looks like I grab the gun and Voidfang for my Warlock. It's a good day.

Gonna be using both with my Warlock when I get her to 20.

Namikaze1

I better get Hawkmoon soon, or you're dead to me.
I got your Hawkmoon right here.
*points at 6 Ascendant Energy*
Sadly, I dismantled them. :p
*gets sniped by Fig*
Guardian down!
Never buy from xur till Saturday night.
I don't get a duplicate till after I buy something from Xur. Hell, the times I've gotten something that Xur hasn't sold, he sells it the very next week. Seriously, I bought Suros on a Saturday. An hour later, i get it as a crucible reward.

Aww, that yellow border around TLW...rewarding. It joins Hawkmoon and TDYK in the yellow border hand cannon club. Thorn and my explosive round LHF are next up.

LOVE having plenty of variety and options with HC (easily my fav weapon class). Need Fatebringer. :D

Namikaze1

Just checked what Xur's selling...HAHAHAHA

TLW FINALLY. Hope I have enough coins or I'll have to quickly do a Weekly with my Titan.

Gonna be using that with my Warlock when I get her to 20.
I still need to do weekly on all three of my guardians.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm very curious to see what the community thinks of The Last Word now that SUROS has been out for a couple times.

I maintain my thoughts that MOST won't really like it in PvP because it isn't an instant I WIN gun and is certainly more difficult to control and use effectively compared to most auto rifles.

Most probably will even prefer the Hawkmoon/LHF/TDYK type harder-hitting hand cannons as well.

Many will write it off before they get the unique upgrade which changes it from "ok" to "incredible".

It also takes a lot more focus and skill to use than ARs, so we won't be seeing a switch.

And standard range/impact Handcannons are, imo, much easier to pick up and play.

So yeh, there's not going to be a flood imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom