• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question for those who go a bit in depth in terms of stat calculations and such, is there a set incremental increase to armour stat rolls (I'm talking about the int/disc/str ones) every time you upgrade them..?

For example if I have un-upgraded VoG gloves with 41 discipline and 42 strength, is there a way to figure out what those stats will be once you fully upgrade them?
I don't believe those initial values increase

ocean

Banned
He already sold it, but it was the 2nd week, I believe. So it was before most people knew the extent of its awesomeness.
Not to mention most people weren't high enough level to run weekly 28 on the first week so having 17 coins by the second weekend was out of reach for most. I remember I was 1 coin short after trying my hardest to get random extra coins. Haven't missed a single Xur weapon since then though.

zewone

RNG is not the problem. For example there is certain loot I can only get by beating the raid. I have to wait an entire week to get loot from atheon. I've beaten atheon 18 times and all I've gotten is timebreakers (8 of them), shards, aspect of glass(5 of them) and Chatterwhite. I can Understand RNG has been shitty for me but to wait an entire week and keep getting the same crap is frustrating. If the game had a system where I could do a raid daily and have a chance at loot then I wouldn't mind as much but it's the waiting a week that frustrates me. The problem with destiny is there isn't enough content or variety and the loot table is too small.

That's why they put the weekly limitation on it
I hate weekly lockouts as well. It's lame.

I don't know why I even look up what Xur has anymore, all it does is bring me rage. Literally the only thing he can do to piss me off is bring Vestfang or Sunbreakers. They've been there 50 thousand times already, give it a fucking rest! Even though I want Praxic and only Praxic armor wise, I wouldn't be upset if one of the helmets were there. It's just the principle of how many damn times these other two have been there. How the hell is it possible it's done chest so many times and with only two choices for Lock, it's ALWAYS the same? I know, RNG with incredible coincidence and bad luck but it's extremely lame. Down with Xur, stone him, set him on fire, etc etc.

I hate weekly lockouts as well. It's lame.

I think that's the problem most people have with the loot system. It's not exactly the RNG. Once you're done with you're weeklies which I usually am on Tuesdays what do you do the rest of the week? I've been doing tiger strikes and it did pay off cause I got a MIDA Multitool after God knows how many strikes. But who wants to do the same shit over and over and over? It would at least make it more interesting if they added burns and other modifiers to the playlist. Would keep things freeh

SkylineRKR

I think telemetry is in line with the rest of the buffs, so 20-24% or whatever.

Picked up TLW from Xur and one of those Hand Cannon telemetry things. Used it a bit during the daily and it's very fun to use and the animations for it are pretty cool. I always look forward to Xur coming now because I can buy a 5-pack heavy ammo synthesis for 1 strange coin, I'm so stocked up with those atm lol. I never understand people during the raid when they go "I'm out of heavy ammo packs, go to tower". Please people, use 3 or 4 strange coins for the heavy ammo packs and you'll be set for a good while.

This is what I've been doing for the last month and I only have to restock every 3 weeks or so.

Level 29 Hunter, looking for a Hard VoG group sometime today. I have maxed weapons (Ghorn,IB,VoC,Fatebringer,etc.) I have a mic, and have cleared plenty of times. I also have the Oracle Checkpoint, if we want to skip the conflux stage to expedite the run. PS4 The_Reckoning

Niccolo

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 1 more player to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)

Bladelaw

What will everyone be taking into iron banger next week?

primary: Shadow Price, The Devil You Know, SUROS Regime, The Last Word
Secondary: Plan C, Light/Beware, Praedyth's Revenge, Ice Breaker (Bastion/First Light)
Heavy: Deviant Gravity A, Tracking Unfriendly Giant

EL CUCO

Picked up TLW from Xur and one of those Hand Cannon telemetry things. Used it a bit during the daily and it's very fun to use and the animations for it are pretty cool. I always look forward to Xur will coming now because I can buy a 5-pack heavy ammo synthesis for 1 strange coin, I'm so stocked up with those atm lol. I never understand people during the raid when they go "I'm out of heavy ammo packs, go to tower". Please people, use 3 or 4 strange coins for the heavy ammo packs and you'll be set for a good while.

The problem is when you play Hard Raid and someone dies, usually leads to somebody else dying...and so on, which leads to a wipe. There seems to be a bug(?) in the game that makes players with extra heavy ammo bonus equipped lose at least 3 shells after each wipe.

spyder_ur

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 3 more players to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)

I'd be down. I've done the raid twice, but with people who have done it so I don't know the ins and our perfectly. Might be a good fit although it'd be nice to have a vet or two. I'd be bringing my recently-turned-28 Titan and some upgraded weapons including Vision of Confluence.

I'd understand if you were looking for more well-seasoned raiders though.

PSN: spyder_ur

Also - the raid is great fun and you'll find great folks to do it with around here.

SharkJAW

I need Hawkmoon/Gjallarhorn. I should probably step away from PvP for a while so I don't get frustrated from all the last words rolling around.

The problem is when you play Hard Raid and someone dies, usually leads to somebody else dying...and so on, which leads to a wipe. There seems to be a bug(?) in the game that makes players with extra heavy ammo bonus equipped lose at least 3 shells after each wipe.

I stopped using heavy ammo packs in the raid because of that-- they'd just totally go to waste and steal my 5min cooldown. I'd have 9 shots and then come back from a wipe with 3 shots.

LiK

I need Hawkmoon/Gjallarhorn. I should probably step away from PvP for a while so I don't get frustrated from all the last words rolling around.

win or lose, killing anyone who uses a weapon considered the best is well worth it. I live for that in PVP.

Greenymac

Hawk, I'm gonna jump into my lvl 14 Warlock tonight. Lemme know if you wanna do some lvling up tonight with your Titan

I want to do some levelling too, buti dont wanna touch pvp until i atleast have a COUPLE of weapons that arent complete shit.

Alucrid

Banned
if anyone is doing gatekeeper hm checkpoint i'd like to come along on my 29 titan, would be willing to switch to a 30 character for Atheon

k1t4j

I'm glad they are testing out team chat because I'm either yelling at people to come get the heavy ammo that dropped or telling them to wait for the team but can't and interprative dance isn't cutting it.

Only you can see the ammo that drops, because it's only for you....

I have a maxed:

The Last Word
Suros Regime
Vanquisher
Lord High Fixer
Patience and Time
Zombie Apocalypse

Will be maxed by next week.

The Supremacy and Light/Beware.

LiK

I want to do some levelling too, buti dont wanna touch pvp until i atleast have a COUPLE of weapons that arent complete shit.

actually, I did pretty well at lvl 10-12 with shit weapons in PVP. they seem to do pretty well with that Normalized rule. playing Control also helps level you up with the captures. I highly recommend it. we can form a team of low levels, heh

EL CUCO

I'm going to probably be the only person with coins avaliable (92) that is NOT going to buy TLW.

Completely content with a maxed Fatebringer, TDYK, and Thorn. I'm not going to allow myself get trolled and "win" one, after I buy one.

Jokes on you, Xur.

Cynar

I'm glad they are testing out team chat because I'm either yelling at people to come get the heavy ammo that dropped or telling them to wait for the team but can't and interprative dance isn't cutting it.
Ammo isn't for everyone. What you see on your screen is yours only when it comes to ammo.

Deku Tree

Hard Raid tonight 9pm EST on PS4

We are looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). (If you don't quote my post, then it won't appear in green on my browser and this thread moves really fast and then I may not see your reply so please quote my post.) If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. (If we have a group that wants to start at a slightly different time that might be OK too.) I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night.

So far for tonight we have:

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

So we need four more and alts. Let me know if you want to join!

Here are other people who replied to yesterdays posts on a regular hard raid group:

El Cuco (PS4: EL_CUCO305)
ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

Any of you up for a 9PM EST hard raid tonight?

Rubenov

We are looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). (If you don't quote my post, then it won't appear in green on my browser and this thread moves really fast and then I may not see your reply so please quote my post.) If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. (If we have a group that wants to start at a slightly different time that might be OK too.) I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night.

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

Here are other people who replied to yesterdays posts on a regular hard raid group:

ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

Cleared the hard raid about 7 times this week (and only got loot for 2 of those), so I'll wait until I level up my next alt before doing it again. Should be there by tomorrow.

Sane_Man

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

I'd be interested. I'm level 29 (one damn boots away from 30!) but I've completed the hard raid many times. I have all maxed out raid weapons plus ice breaker, hawkmoon, truth, etc. PSN: SaneManPritch. I'll add you. I understand if a level 30 gets priority though!

::edit:: You're already my friend! Doh... I think we've completed the hard raid before actually!

::second edit:: Shiiiiit. I read that as 9pm British time. I'll be having nightmares about only getting ass shards for Christmas by then. Oh well. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom