• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Oracle and Templar (cheese) on hard for my 27 alt. Got raid gloves. Have two pieces of raid gear + exotic chest to get my Hunter to 30. Just need the helmet or the chest piece which I could substitute with an exotic helmet. Not bad at all.

Acorn

Hard Raid tonight 9pm EST on PS4

We are looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). (If you don't quote my post, then it won't appear in green on my browser and this thread moves really fast and then I may not see your reply so please quote my post.) If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. (If we have a group that wants to start at a slightly different time that might be OK too.) I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night.

So far for tonight we have:

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

So we need four more and alts. Let me know if you want to join!

Here are other people who replied to yesterdays posts on a regular hard raid group:

El Cuco (PS4: EL_CUCO305)
ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

Any of you up for a 9PM EST hard raid tonight?
Hmm that's 2 my time. Sure I'll be around if a little drunk.

Warlock/Titan 29
Ant26587

Axoman

I do agree that if drops are going to be regulated to once a week, the garbage drops (shards, energy, coins) should not be in the pool.

Speaking of this, why in god's green earth am I getting green engrams within nightfall, weekly heroic and the raid?

There is a minimum level required to even enter those activities, and in my opinion, any drop should be above that minimum level as well.

It's insane.

EL CUCO

We are looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). (If you don't quote my post, then it won't appear in green on my browser and this thread moves really fast and then I may not see your reply so please quote my post.) If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. (If we have a group that wants to start at a slightly different time that might be OK too.) I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night.

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

Here are other people who replied to yesterdays posts on a regular hard raid group:

ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

I wont be able to Raid tonight, until about 10:30pm est. If somebody drops off by then, I'll be more than happy to jump in. I need to finish GK and Atheon anyways. Just shoot me a msg on PSN if im on.

Mazre

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

Lvl 29 Titan interested. Mazre_ (already friends)

Maxed VoC, IB. (Have Void MG 5 energies shy of maxed)
Maxed non-raid armor.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Any tips on getting the most out of The Last Word in PvE? Just got it, so I know the best upgrades aren't unlocked, but I'm having a hard time telling what's so special about it, other than the awesome fire rate and animations. I realize the later upgrades will increase damage and accuracy, but my TDYK has a bigger clip, vastly superior range and impact, and a fire rate that's really not bad at all.

Someone shed some light on this for me. I don't see it being a "Gjallahorn" situation where the weapon literally becomes 10x better with A later upgrade.

Dave_6

Well I can finally get the Last Word! After ~100 Tiger strikes and getting nothing but rares every fucking time and never getting any decent drops in PvP, finally it will be mine.

Niccolo

I'd be down. I've done the raid twice, but with people who have done it so I don't know the ins and our perfectly. Might be a good fit although it'd be nice to have a vet or two. I'd be bringing my recently-turned-28 Titan and some upgraded weapons including Vision of Confluence.

I'd understand if you were looking for more well-seasoned raiders though.

PSN: spyder_ur

Also - the raid is great fun and you'll find great folks to do it with around here.

Glad to have you. As long as you're prepared to be let down haha. Send me a friend request and I'll add you when I get off work.

LiK

I did pretty good with a lvl 2 hc, still took few shots to bring down lvls 30s :)

I was in a Control game with a level 2 guy and he was second in my team (I was first). we won too so yea, low levels aren't bad if you have the skills with the weapons you got.

I did some pvp this morning (gmt) with my brand new alt at level 2. I was doing ok with some level 2 scout rifle. Then the gaf raiders turned up and irawr killed me a few times.

I'd say it was frustrating but it wasn't. It was actually nice to see some familiar names on the opposing team.

Plus any exp is good exp when levelling an alt

Ok.

Don't play Crucible when drunk.

There is an optimum level of drunk to be. Too much and you lose all coordination. Too little and you can't hit the wide side of a barn door.

The just right amount means you become an unstoppable killing machine who will perform superhuman feats. Have one drink above that level and you may as well become a crucible pacifist for the amount of kills you will get

darkwing

Any tips on getting the most out of The Last Word in PvE? Just got it, so I know the best upgrades aren't unlocked, but I'm having a hard time telling what's so special about it, other than the awesome fire rate and animations. I realize the later upgrades will increase damage and accuracy, but my TDYK has a bigger clip, vastly superior range and impact, and a fire rate that's really not bad at all.

Someone shed some light on this for me. I don't see it being a "Gjallahorn" situation where the weapon literally becomes 10x better with A later upgrade.

TLW is built around hipfire, so it means close range, it's the yin to the yang of Hawkmoon

X-Frame

Got a question for those who go a bit in depth in terms of stat calculations and such, is there a set incremental increase to armour stat rolls (I'm talking about the int/disc/str ones) every time you upgrade them..?

For example if I have un-upgraded VoG gloves with 41 discipline and 42 strength, is there a way to figure out what those stats will be once you fully upgrade them?

Multiplying by 1.125 seems to work out when determining how much the stat will be when fully leveled.

OMG GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING.

-Equip TLW
-Double tap Triangle/Y
-Wait 2 Seconds
-Repeat anytime you're not shooting something.

also works with melees and grenade throws. basically, anything that causes you to re-arm your weapon.

Also, raid #4 with my hunter has been completed. Still no signs of raid gear. I have now recieved 3 exotics during hunter raids, alone.

-Red Death
-Hawkmoon
-Universal Remote

Just got Universal Remote, not sure what to think about it yet.

Cynar

Speaking of this, why in god's green earth am I getting green engrams within nightfall, weekly heroic and the raid?

There is a minimum level required to even enter those activities, and in my opinion, any drop should be above that minimum level as well.

It's insane.
You need material for upgrades. If green engram's didn't drop then you'd have less material. This is a loot based game. This is common in loot based games. Perhaps they should be higher level green engram's but I think it's okay.

OMG GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING.

-Equip TLW
-Double tap Triangle/Y
-Wait 2 Seconds
-Repeat anytime you're not shooting something.

too OP

pls nerf
You need material for upgrades. If green engram's didn't drop then you'd have less material. This is a loot based game. This is common in loot based games. Perhaps they should be higher level green engram's but I think it's okay.

Even blues are gonna get dismantled and they give you more mats.

I consistently kill shotgun and AR users at close range with [The Last Word] much more than I do with any other HC, and I'm a decent shot.
These kinds of statements bother me. Wouldn't you want to say "but I'm a decent shot"? Yeah, TLW is great because you're a decent shot. That's not saying anything about the gun. Hawkian gets first with his level 3 because he's a decent shot.

Golgo 13

Well I can finally get the Last Word! After ~100 Tiger strikes and getting nothing but rares every fucking time and never getting any decent drops in PvP, finally it will be mine.
Same with me. I was running Tiger Strikes constantly, hoping it'd drop. So glad that's over. And hell, there's always Hawkmoon to fixate on now.

stb

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 2 more players to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)

Added myself in slot 5. I've only done the raid once (a newbie raid with 2 sherpas and 4 newbies), and have a maxed Ice Breaker, almost maxed Swarm, and a new Horn.

Edit: I'd suggest reserving that 6th slot for a vet/sherpa. Having just one person who really knows what they're doing seems like it can make a difference between a 90-minute run and a 4-hour failure.

Zakalwe

Banned
These kinds of statements bother me. Wouldn't you want to say "but I'm a decent shot"? Yeah, TLW is great because you're a decent shot. That's not saying anything about the gun. Hawkian gets first with his level 3 because he's a decent shot.

They shouldn't bother you.

The weapon has a steeper learning curve but a higher skill ceiling than SR, imo.

The weapon is very good but you need to be a better player to make the most of it than you do with the Regime which is much more forgiving toward pray and spray gameplay.

Axoman

Understandable, but give me the greens in patrol/story missions and leave them out of the hardest content in the game.

Golgo 13

I'm going to probably be the only person with coins avaliable (92) that is NOT going to buy TLW.

Completely content with a maxed Fatebringer, TDYK, and Thorn. I'm not going to allow myself get trolled and "win" one, after I buy one.

Jokes on you, Xur.
Why not just buy it for your collection? I'll probably never end up seriously using Patience And Time (great weapon btw), for instance, but it was worth a buy just to know that I have it. Plus, at a certain point, those coins are just gonna go to waste. That's the way I look at it at least.

Reule

Glad I can finally own The Last Word. I actually didn't like it till I unlocked the stability upgrade. I think I still like the Hawkmoon more but I'll have to play with it. The Last Word is so much fun in rumble though.

Dave_6

Same with me. I was running Tiger Strikes constantly, hoping it'd drop. So glad that's over. And hell, there's always Hawkmoon to fixate on now.

Lucky for me, I got the Hawkmoon while we were still in OT3 or 4 I think. Think I've been cursed since then for getting it so early lol.

Yeah, that's what puts me off from it. I play 3-6 times per week, doing the daily heroic story, some level 24 strikes and the odd patrol or two. I just hit level 26 this week, and completed the weekly heroic strike for the first time (solo). I have 12 coins.

To follow the advice, I'd need another month or so to level another character to the same, and really increase my play time per week to do the weekly heroic strikes. The strike was fun until the boss, but as usual was a slog for the boss itself which I had to cheese in order to beat solo. I think I just have a different bar for what is easy.

I basically want to play the activities in the game in moderation and slowly get the appropriate rewards needed to level. That means I level very, very slowly. All of the advise I've read to level faster feels like work (farming hajilllions of helium filaments, leveling dual characters, etc.). The second it feels like work, the fun stops cold and I stop playing.

Farming, juggling multiple characters, repeated runs on heroic strikes...I just don't think these are reasonable asks in order to level a character. I'm not a hardcore player of this game, I just hop on for an hour or so a few times a week. Upcoming changes like the resource economies (if that means what I think it means), moderate nerfs to strike boss health, etc. will make leveling via normal play a lot more reasonable.

Yeah this is basically the same as me in terms of playtime and progress. I've been stuck between level 21 and 24 for a long time grinding rep and marks. I completed the story and barely did any bounties, so I had like 0 rep when I hit level 20. Also I didn't realize that your rank starts at 0 and not 1, so that was another setback.

I'm about vanguard 500 rep from being able to purchase my first legendary. I haven't seen a legendary engram drop, gotten a legendary reward, or an exotic bounty yet. Loot cave was shut down before I reached level 20. I typically just do the daily heroic, run some bounties, and do a tiger strike or two if I have time.

In terms of gear rewards right now at level 24, is running tiger strike the best chance I have right now for a legendary reward?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

It's just a completely different gun. You can run and gun from the hip and chew guys up in close range. If you want a hand cannon that's just a superior extension of The Devil You Know, that's Hawkmoon.

stb

Perfect. 1 more then.

I edited this into my post above, but it bears repeating:

I'd suggest reserving that 6th slot for a vet/sherpa. Having just one person who really knows what they're doing seems like it can make a difference between a 90-minute run and a 4-hour failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom