• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
DestinyStatus.com is new and is such a clean simple way to check your progress:

IB66KzJ.png

The Destiny companion app keeps changing, but man, I just want something simple and obvious like this rather than 80 menus separated by tons of swipes and taps and 3D models that never look right.

Anyone wanna knock out Atheon on hard? Would really prefer level 30s or 29s with Max g-horn. Been far too frustrating lately... Just can't seem to take him out.

Greenymac

actually, I did pretty well at lvl 10-12 with shit weapons in PVP. they seem to do pretty well with that Normalized rule. playing Control also helps level you up with the captures. I highly recommend it. we can form a team of low levels, heh

Cool Im down. Ill be online around 8-9 pm tonight.

LiK

So many baboons today.

I had one last night during a match. hope I don't see any tonight.

The Destiny companion app keeps changing, but man, I just want something simple and obvious like this rather than 80 menus separated by tons of swipes and taps and 3D models that never look right.

Is this official? if not, it's better than the official website.

Niccolo

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 1 more player to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)

Bumping for new page.

I edited this into my post above, but it bears repeating:

I'd suggest reserving that 6th slot for a vet/sherpa. Having just one person who really knows what they're doing seems like it can make a difference between a 90-minute run and a 4-hour failure.

Exactly my thinking. Any kind vets want to help our ragtag bunch get through the vault?

CLBridges

Man, this week in Destiny has really been great! So many new weapon drops from Raid and then Xur selling TLW, I don't have enough ascendant energy for them all. But, I have decided that I'm gonna level Vision of Confluence to max over Vex and Fatebringer over TLW. I know the next raid will have a high concentration of Hive enemies with Arc/Solar shields and I'm gonna save my exotic weapon slot for either special/heavy (Sell Gjallahorn next week Xur, I will turn traitor to the Traveler for it lol). Oh, and reading up on Iron Banner, seems it will be actually interesting this time around, I'll be running with Suros or Praedyth's Timepiece (love that pulse rifle).

Bumping for new page.

Exactly my thinking. Any kind vets want to help our ragtag bunch get through the vault?
Normally I would be happy to help out, however my best friend is finally getting back into destiny so I am power leveling him tonight during those times. Good luck and enjoy the raid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man that's awesome, thanks for the link. If it could show your inventories and vaults too it'd be almost everything I need. So cool to be able to see your Marks altogether like that though.

Also wow I'm on vanguard rank 10 on my Hunter. Probably time to start in on a faction after my next level up.

Ourobolus

Banned

Wow, this is really nice.
Anyone know how much XP it takes to upgrade the different levels of armor per level? I can see the totals for the armor, but I'm not sure if it's equally distributed for each node.

Making an alt

Titan or hunter?

Which subclass?

Titan. So much fun. Striker feels like a fast bruiser. Defender feels like I'm indestructible. My first class and my favorite.

Wow, this is really nice.
Anyone know how much XP it takes to upgrade the different levels of armor per level? I can see the totals for the armor, but I'm not sure if it's equally distributed for each node.

Those are bars are per node. Exotics take *a lot* of XP.

NastyBook

Thank you for this link. Puts the essential stuff about my characters out in a very easy to read format. I've been neglecting the shit out of New Monarchy from the looks of it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I dropped for 2 weeks or so, but now I feel reignited with passion and can't wait to play more Destiny. Most be all of the upcoming changes.
i really am excited for you to play around with the mythoclast after the PvE buff and post impressions, lol

The time played for me on DestinyStatus.com is way off compared to Bungie.net but otherwise I think it's superb.

Yeah, that's bugged at the moment. Also, he said he's working on adding Weekly Heroic/Nightfall completion status. Which even the official website doesn't show.

Deku Tree

The time played for me on DestinyStatus.com is way off compared to Bungie.net but otherwise I think it's superb.

I don't see a time played. You might be looking at the "last played x hours ago"?

Mine says at the bottom for one of my characters:

Played 7 hours ago for 13 minutes
Total: 1 day, 13 hours, 39 minutes
Minutes: 2259

Bungie.net puts my total playtime for this same character at

1 day, 4h, 44minutes, and 45 seconds.

So there is a disconnect... and it gets worse for my character who played for much longer. 6+ days on Bungie.net and 9+ days on this website...

E92 M3

i really am excited for you to play around with the mythoclast after the PvE buff and post impressions, lol

Yes lol. I have a love for fusion rifles and the Mythoclast just happens to be the coolest one in the game. I'll make sure to post my impressions :p. So hyped to see what Bungie did with it. Also hyped to see how the Thorn has changed.

rNilla

Clearly bugged but before I checked against Bungie.net I thought I had over 400 hours across three characters for a second.

LiK

I haven't really bothered with factions at all. Just Dead Orbit in the last couple of weeks because that black shader will be mine.

I saw a dude with a black shader last night. not sure if it was from DO but man, it made his Warlock pretty sexy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes lol. I have a love for fusion rifles and the Mythoclast just happens to be the coolest one in the game. I'll make sure to post my impressions :p. So hyped to see what Bungie did with it. Also hyped to see how the Thorn has changed.
I love fusion rifles too, one of my favorite "new weapons" in a long time actually. I'm excited to get my hands on one soon now that my group is doing the Hard raid.

I'm scared about the Thorn buff. Everyone is asking for a reload speed buff and increased magazine. I'm not sure we're considering exactly how good it will be with both of those weaknesses eliminated out of the box.
Wait, Hawkian has no level 30s?
In terms of armor drops, throughout all my raids on my Hunter and Warlock so far, I have received:

• 1 hunter gloves

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

1 more spot left!

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. DJ_Lushious
3. Shem0275
4. mshafer7
5. Mindcandy

There's almost no one on when I get on (late evening west coast), and I play for short enough windows that I don't want to sit and wait for strikes and games to finish up.

I actually enjoy it a great deal solo, but this raises the other reason I prefer to play Destiny solo, so far. When I have a poor experience, the majority of the time it's because other players are in the mix, particularly higher level players. When I was say level 20 and got paired with level 25+ guys, it utterly ruined the experience. I felt like their little kid brother running around trying to help out as they mopped the floor with everyone. Not fun. Likewise, doing patrols or public events and having those guys rumble through and just annihilate everything. When I play I make a point to avoid overlapping with lower level players so as to not poach on their encounters (aside from public events where we all chip in).

Other than the time slots I have to play, I've actually had a bias for playing solo, because I've been leveling much more slowly than you guys. Once the level spread in characters gets over 2, it's really hard for it to be enjoyable. I alternate between feeling like a fifth wheel, totally inconsequential to the battles or I am cowering behind a rock, under-equipped for what I'm up against. The latter is better now that my gear is up to snuff (I finish about half the strikes without dying), but the leveling system really drives a wedge between players. Once I'm caught up to level 28 or so, I'll make more of an effort to get into the mix with you guys.

Hey,

I'm a late night West Coaster as well, and have a level 29 Titan, 27 hunter, and 18 Warlock. I would be up for some Strikes or whatnot after the kids are in bed.

PS4: chae3001

I love fusion rifles too, one of my favorite "new weapons" in a long time actually. I'm excited to get my hands on one soon now that my group is doing the Hard raid.

I'm scared about the Thorn buff. Everyone is asking for a reload speed buff and increased magazine. I'm not sure we're considering exactly how good it will be with both of those weaknesses eliminated out of the box.

In terms of armor drops, throughout all my raids on my Hunter and Warlock so far, I have received:

• 1 hunter gloves

That is insane. Are you doing the hard raid too? I feel like the armor drops for that are more common. Got two boots and one helmet myself yesterday.

I really wish the Vanguard would sell Legendary armor engrams so I could spend my Hunter marks to help out my Warlock.

It's adding up the PvP and PvE times. B.net has them separated. Could be the difference you are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom