• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Are the Vanguard and Quartermaster the only places to spend Vanguard marks. I've got 150 on one character, 80 on another. I know I can buy armor and shard it, but any decent weapons? Have Devil You Know, Epitaph, and Unfriendly Giant.

What do other people spend Vanguard Marks on?

darkwing

I love fusion rifles too, one of my favorite "new weapons" in a long time actually. I'm excited to get my hands on one soon now that my group is doing the Hard raid.

I'm scared about the Thorn buff. Everyone is asking for a reload speed buff and increased magazine. I'm not sure we're considering exactly how good it will be with both of those weaknesses eliminated out of the box.

In terms of armor drops, throughout all my raids on my Hunter and Warlock so far, I have received:

• 1 hunter gloves

but you have Hawkmoon

Mupod

this is the kind of game I play like a madman for a few weeks then drop it forever. I actually timed me starting it up so that if I liked it, I'd probably still be playing when the DLC dropped.

the way it limits progress with bounties, dailies, weeklies etc isn't really something I'm a fan of for PVE content. Oddly enough i think it's fun in PVP, gives me goals to work towards. At any rate I'm playing because I want to see the raid, hopefully will get to do that tomorrow.

Navid

Multiplying by 1.125 seems to work out when determining how much the stat will be when fully leveled.
Thanks for this, think once I get all the armour pieces needed for lvl 30 I'll play around with that the duplicates I currently have... :)

Deku Tree

I really wish the Vanguard would sell Legendary armor engrams so I could spend my Hunter marks to help out my Warlock.

I know right. I have about 400 useless vanguard marks across three characters but none of them allow me to buy any legendary hunter armor. I might consider creating a hunter alt if it didn't require me to once again grind vanguard rep to rank 2 and re-collect lots of marks to buy it.

They shouldn't bother you.

The weapon has a steeper learning curve but a higher skill ceiling than SR, imo.

The weapon is very good but you need to be a better player to make the most of it than you do with the Regime which is much more forgiving toward pray and spray gameplay.
Yes here you use 'but' correctly. The gun is good because you're a decent shot. So you can say "TLW wrecks face, but I'm a decent shot. You need to be a better player to make the most of it than you do with the Regime{...]"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That is insane. Are you doing the hard raid too? I feel like the armor drops for that are more common. Got two boots and one helmet myself yesterday.
Sweet. Just started doing the hard raid and still have Atheon to kill for this week! If I get the helmet, then with Alpha Lupi which I'm buying from Xur and the Iron banner gloves/boots, I can hit 30 on my Hunter :D
but you have Hawkmoon
oh, I ain't even mad.

I really want it. once my Hunter reaches Rank2 in Crucible, i'm gonna wear Dead Orbit cloak, haha

btw, I noticed a bunch of dudes wearing God of War shader lately. did Rahool decide to give it out more? lol

Dunno, I got mine a while ago, but I've only just put on my Warlock. Only one of my characters it looks good on.

I really wish the Vanguard would sell Legendary armor engrams so I could spend my Hunter marks to help out my Warlock.

It's adding up the PvP and PvE times. B.net has them separated. Could be the difference you are seeing.

No, I think the difference is something else.

Destiny says in total I have a little over 9 days played, but this site has closer to 20.

The difference? Time in orbit. I let my game sit in orbit when I go to work (it saves me NAT troubles later on, I swear I'm not just lazy).

Thats the only thing I can think of that could possibly have over doubled my time.

blazeuk

I'm one slot away from maxing it and I still think it's terrible.

It's great for removing shields in raid, it's also great for normal raid in general however it lacks punch for higher levels in hard raid and is pretty crap in PvP too. I still maxed it out though, it's a fun weapon to use. I've got a maxed out VoC now and it's more powerful but not nearly as nice to use, especially with the auto fire jamming constantly.

Edit: I think i missed it being about the Last Word, I've been using it today and while it's nice I do like TDYK too.

spyder_ur

I know right. I have about 400 useless vanguard marks across three characters but none of them allow me to buy any legendary hunter armor. I might consider creating a hunter alt if it didn't require me to once again grind vanguard rep to rank 2 and re-collect lots of marks to buy it.

Exactly - this drove me crazy when leveling my Titan. 1-20 wasn't that bad, but the freaking rep grind is crazy. I feel like they could easily fix this - allow marks to buy armor for other classes. I guess they don't want to though. It's weird because they obviously want you to make alternate characters, but I don't think I want to make a third character and do the rep grind all again. Honestly, I'd be more likely to make another Warlock just to have another character to raid with and take a shot at gear. Seems kind of pointless and counterintuitive and I'd like to try Hunter - just reaaaaaally dont wanna grind rep.

I've got about 230 between two characters - see my note above. I guess I'll maybe buy a Shadow Price? Seem to get killed by that alot in crucible.

Anyone doing normal raid? Trying to get my last raid gear before GTA 5 drops.

God PVP is so horrible for me right now, trying to use the TLW. I want Hawkmoon.

SkylineRKR

I hate the Epilogue, but I use it. Thats pretty much it.

It seems that crits on Raid trash mobs are close to Suros, but they come less frequent because the stability sucks. For Praetorian shields, well just get the 77 Wizard from Crucible, max it and 3 shot Praetorians in Heroic Raid. No need for Epilogue at all. I always look how I can avoid using AE there. But for Atheon, since the randomizer, I equip it just in case.

CornDogg

Moved a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten real Internet yet, so I've not been able to raid for a bit. When I do play, I'm tethering over my phone's 3G connection.

It works okay when playing by myself or with one or two other people in a strike, but I don't trust it would perform well enough for raiding. Tried doing Crucible with it to mixed success. Need to finish that Thorn bounty, though!

Mazre

Could use some decoys valued team members for weekly 28, already cleared to the boss. PS4: Mazre_

Had just about solo'd this and somehow got melee'd by a blinded captain. PS4: Mazre_ friend me or hop in if you're already a friend.

gdt

Any hard raid groups forming of love to join in. Lvl 29 hunter never done hard raid. Maxed VoC, Corrective Measure.

Ps4 gdt5016

Namikaze1

Day 65:

I finally have The Last Word. Today is a good day. Now I await the horrors that lie deep within the Chamber of Night in Hellmouth.

Mupod

what do clans even do in this game other than giving you a tag under your name? Is there a popular GAF one? I sent a request for the raid one over a week ago but nobody approved it.

Iv'e decided to save my strange coins, all 41 of them, for a later date. I love TDYK and want to an exotic HC that has decent range. TLW does not seem to be a good fit for my play style either (big on precision damage and ads). Plus I don't really play PVP like that.

Now I will pray to RNG for Hawkmoon. Besides nightfall and raid, what's another way to find it?

Namikaze1

what do clans even do in this game other than giving you a tag under your name? Is there a popular GAF one? I sent a request for the raid one over a week ago but nobody approved it.
Have a Gjallarhorn? Then join the brotherhood of Sir Gjallarhorn!
Bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/611300

Gjallarhorn not your style? Then fear not for the Disciple of the Mighty Hawkmoon has another option for you! Follow the Path of the Hawk and soar high above your enemies! No Hawkmoon required*
Bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/611324

***unless your fig, in which case a Hawkmoon is required for membership***

Is there anyway to see the number of people playing currently? I want to know how many people dropped off. I expect people to come back for the DLC

Niccolo

Normally I would be happy to help out, however my best friend is finally getting back into destiny so I am power leveling him tonight during those times. Good luck and enjoy the raid.

Thanks anyways. Should be a good time. Still looking for 1 more for normal raid at 9pm EST. Experienced raider preferred to help out some relative noobies.

SkylineRKR

I think devil looks great on Hunter, still have a pic from last month:

10410235_1502731446656574_7296525843001242962_n.jpg

I use alpha lupi currently but yeah I think it looks great. Still use this Thunderdevil to this day.

I think I got it once or twice, only in Vanguard Tiger.

Zakalwe

Banned
Actually, owl, I'm a bit drunk so I missed where you took my initial post the wrong way.

Originally Posted by Zakalwe said:
I consistently kill shotgun and AR users at close range with [The Last Word] much more than I do with any other HC, and I'm a decent shot.

Originally Posted by Owlowiscious said:
These kinds of statements bother me. Wouldn't you want to say "but I'm a decent shot"? Yeah, TLW is great because you're a decent shot. That's not saying anything about the gun. Hawkian gets first with his level 3 because he's a decent shot.

The person I was replying to was asking if it was better than other HCs. I was showing that I knew how to use all HC types well, and that in my experience TLW was clearly superior in certain situations.

That was the point.

It would have been better if I'd continued my post:

I consistently kill shotgun and AR users at close range with [The Last Word] much more than I do with any other HC, and I'm a decent shot so I'm making the most of all of them. TLW's close range potential is just greater, and depending on your preference mid range might be too.

Mupod

Have a Gjallarhorn? Then join the brotherhood of Sir Gjallarhorn!
Bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/611300

Gjallarhorn not your style? Then fear not for the Disciple of the Mighty Hawkmoon has another option for you! Follow the Path of the Hawk and soar high above your enemies! No Hawkmoon required*
Bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/611324

***unless your fig, in which case a Hawkmoon is required for membership***

I get the feeling if I join either of those I'm never going to find those weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom