• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

depward

Finally had enough time to "beat" the story. And yikes. That was anticlimactic and absolutely blaaaahhhhhh.

I know I know "the real destiny begins now!!!!" but still.

Greenymac

I'm still wearing blue boots atm. Hope legendary gear doesn't ruin it.

Just so you know if I join in crucible I will be drunk off my ass...expect mediocrity with flashes of kicking ass.
Also I need to get to cryptarch 3 with my main to buy a Lord High Fixer, so I may start out doing that.

Zakalwe

Banned
Really? I thought it was even worse for the raid. Aside from the oracles it took forever to drop enemies compared to other weapons that are popular for the raid.

Yep.

Oracles and Minotaur shields drop in seconds.

It drops trash in both normal and hard incredibly quickly if you crit, and it's very easy to crit against vex due to their large crit spot at centre mass.

LiK

Just so you know if I join in crucible I will be drunk off my ass...expect mediocrity with flashes of kicking ass.
Also I need to get to cryptarch 3 with my main to buy a Lord High Fixer, so I may start out doing that.

LOL, you and Zakalwe are having a fun Friday.

Zakalwe

Banned
LOL, you and Zakalwe are having a fun Friday.

I just played some Crucible. Every shot was going wild, like Jumanji style.

When I found myself sending a salty message to some random player because /I/ was missing my shots I took a deep breath and switched off Destiny.

I'm pretty drunk. This message took me three attempts to write.

SharkJAW

The only material stopping me from hitting level 29 on my Titan is glimmer ;_; I spent it all buying green gear to break down and get plasteel plating out of.

I got one last week from tiger strikes and I like it a lot. VoC is better in every way but it's still a good weapon. Love how it sounds and feels in general

Yeah lol it's like a giant heavy weapon strapped to my back

I do the Raid every week on Normal and Hard, hoping for a VoC. It's the one thing the Raid refuses to give him (not including incredibly rare stuff like the Timepiece and Fusion Rifle).

Zephyl

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

1 more spot left!

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. DJ_Lushious
3. Shem0275
4. mshafer7
5. Mindcandy

If I get done by then I'll join on my 27 titan.

gdt

The only material stopping me from hitting level 29 on my Titan is glimmer ;_; I spent it all buying green gear to break down and get plasteel plating out of.

Tiger strikes for drops and engrams. Move all engrams to your Titan before you decrypt them.

On a side note, literally just hit 29 on my Titan!

phen0m24

Sweet. Just started doing the hard raid and still have Atheon to kill for this week! If I get the helmet, then with Alpha Lupi which I'm buying from Xur and the Iron banner gloves/boots, I can hit 30 on my Hunter :D

oh, I ain't even mad.

Are you guys grouping up to do it? If not you know where I am. :)

realcZk

qi8JAcol.jpg

You're being incredibly pedantic.
Yes. OvO
Actually, owl, I'm a bit drunk so I missed where you took my initial post the wrong way.

The person I was replying to was asking if it was better than other HCs. I was showing that I knew how to use all HC types well, and that in my experience TLW was clearly superior in certain situations.

That was the point.

It would have been better if I'd continued my post:

I consistently kill shotgun and AR users at close range with [The Last Word] much more than I do with any other HC, and I'm a decent shot so I'm making the most of all of them. TLW's close range potential is just greater, and depending on your preference mid range might be too.
Hmmm. My point is that when people say a gun is good, they forget that there is skill required as well.

You're saying "and I'm a decent shot" where 'decent' means there's people better than you at shooting.

I'm saying 'decent' means you're better than average, so for most people who can't shoot as well as you, the results will be different.

So when someone uses the statement 'decent' they wouldn't use 'and' they would use 'but' because it's a less than average scenario to be higher than average. It's like when people say "I could care less". Yes you could care less, you should be saying "I couldn't care less".

Greenymac

Fuck this guy. Bungie wins for making one of the biggest douches this year. Wish there was a mission to kill him.

I was on the story mission finishing that section on my titan this morning and my woman looked at the screen and said "who is that douchey looking fuck?"

Also, Im not a junior member anymore. Full Fledged bitches!!!!

I know the feels. Same boat. Plasteel plating is holding you back not glimmer ha. Sad that is the best way to get it as well. They had to have known this was going to be the bottleneck that kills progress on alts or they would have made all weapon breakdowns the same material.

I also give all my engrams to my Titan through the Vault so he can decrypt and break them down.

I am at the point now that I need 44 Ass shards to finish ranking up my gear. I have never gotten the Ass shard reward at the end of the Raid or Nightfall that a lot of people bitch about. I would be pretty excited about getting them at this point.

LiK

I was on the story mission finishing that section on my titan this morning and my woman looked at the screen and said "who is that douchey looking fuck?"

Also, Im not a junior member anymore. Full Fledged bitches!!!!

Just noticed? You've been a member for a few days, heh. Congrats

Really? I thought it was even worse for the raid. Aside from the oracles it took forever to drop enemies compared to other weapons that are popular for the raid.

It's only good for the raid because Fatebringer is so bad at taking down oracles. If FB could clear oracles as fast as AE, I would vault that POS. That said, I'm getting used to it since the game forces me to use it.

Now that I'm leveled to 30, I may try FB again. Maybe pop a sniper round into an oracle first to soften it up.

Yep.

Oracles and Minotaur shields drop in seconds.

It drops trash in both normal and hard incredibly quickly if you crit, and it's very easy to crit against vex due to their large crit spot at centre mass.

Oracles I'll agree but Minotaurs still took way too long to drop. The shields come down somewhat quickly but after that it just has such shitty impact that I might as well throw the bullets at them. Unless that last spot for the damage upgrade just multiplies it by 10 I just don't see it being worth using. I pulled the Suros out instead and it wrecked.

It's weird you talk about the crit spot too because I thought that made the AW even worse. Without being able to hit it from all angles like most enemies whose head is the crit spot, every time the Vex turn their torso or their arm gets in the way a bunch of your weak ass bullets aren't hitting that spot. I just regret wasting time and ascendent energy on this thing.

CLBridges

Forgot to mention that I jumped up in that lift on Venus and got to Terminus. Guess that's gonna be part of some DLC in the future but it's a fairly small area, looks cool though. Picked up a ghost too and hope it doesn't get me in trouble with Bungie lol. Guess I'll log in for a bit and level these weapons, already done with dailies/weeklies/NF and raid.

realcZk

Has anyone tried super good advice on the oracles yet? Oracle "hits" count as misses so apparently word on the street is that you can just spam SGA and destroy all the oracles without ever running out of ammo or reloading.

Deku Tree

Has anyone tried super good advice on the oracles yet? Oracle "hits" count as misses so apparently word on the street is that you can just spam SGA and destroy all the oracles without ever running out of ammo or reloading.

Is that right? That would be crazy good.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's only good for the raid because Fatebringer is so bad at taking down oracles. If FB could clear oracles as fast as AE, I would vault that POS. That said, I'm getting used to it since the game forces me to use it.

Now that I'm leveled to 30, I may try FB again. Maybe pop a sniper round into an oracle first to soften it up.

VoC takes them down fast enough too. I like to hip fire it at oracles, nice fat target so no need to waste split seconds with ADS.

You don't have to take Epilogue at all if you have VoC.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oracles I'll agree but Minotaurs still took way too long to drop. The shields come down somewhat quickly but after that it just has such shitty impact that I might as well throw the bullets at them. Unless that last spot for the damage upgrade just multiplies it by 10 I just don't see it being worth using. I pulled the Suros out instead and it wrecked.

It's weird you talk about the crit spot too because I thought that made the AW even worse. Without being able to hit it from all angles like most enemies whose head is the crit spot, every time the Vex turn their torso or their arm gets in the way a bunch of your weak ass bullets aren't hitting that spot. I just regret wasting time and ascendent energy on this thing.

*shrugs*

I find it very effective in normal mode and good enough on hard. It's my weapon of choice for oracle phase.

There are better weapons for other phases though.

I go:

Conflux: TDYK
Oracles: Epilogue
Templar: lol
Gatekeepers: Gjallahorn (I always get relic) if not would probably use Epilogue
Atheon: VoC for Supplicants and Oracles (CM as back up)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Iv'e decided to save my strange coins, all 41 of them, for a later date. I love TDYK and want to an exotic HC that has decent range. TLW does not seem to be a good fit for my play style either (big on precision damage and ads). Plus I don't really play PVP like that.

Now I will pray to RNG for Hawkmoon. Besides nightfall and raid, what's another way to find it?

I don't know if Hawkmoon will ever show since it is PS Exclusive. Well, I guess it could in about a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom