• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any guides for flawless runs? Sure I can run around and easily beat normal raid, but to minimize risk, I have no idea what to do let alone what a team should do so no one dies at each stage.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes. OvOHmmm. My point is that when people say a gun is good, they forget that there is skill required as well.

You're saying "and I'm a decent shot" where 'decent' means there's people better than you at shooting.

I'm saying 'decent' means you're better than average, so for most people who can't shoot as well as you, the results will be different.

So when someone uses the statement 'decent' they wouldn't use 'and' they would use 'but' because it's a less than average scenario to be higher than average. It's like when people say "I could care less". Yes you could care less, you should be saying "I couldn't care less".

Except that wasn't what I was saying at all as I explained, so "and" was exactly right.

This is weird.

Mindlog

I'm getting a lot of messages, but I can't read any of them. Thanks for the notifications PSN.

Raid messages? I'd be down for that.
I'm scared about the Thorn buff. Everyone is asking for a reload speed buff and increased magazine. I'm not sure we're considering exactly how good it will be with both of those weaknesses eliminated out of the box.
No idea how they 'buff' that weapon.

Arrrammis

I don't know if Hawkmoon will ever show since it is PS Exclusive. Well, I guess it could in about a year?

I think they have to have all the weekly stuff the same across all systems, which mean the Flayers will never be the nightfall/weekly (thank god) and Monte Carlo/ Hawkmoon will not be sold by Xur. Bungie has not officially stated this, but it makes sense to me for them to go for equality.

That stuff could be on sale (in about a year, as you said) when the content is released fro Xbox users.

realcZk

I'm getting a lot of messages, but I can't read any of them. Thanks for the notifications PSN.

Raid messages? I'd be down for that.

No idea how they 'buff' that weapon.

give it 2 more bullets OR increase reload speed
and maybe incresae dot effectiveness in pve only

Damn, I hate being the first to die in the heroic raid.

It happens. The guys that I hard raided with a couple of days ago can attest to me being the first to die about 10 times in a row. We probably took over an hour to do Atheon because I was a hot mess everything from relic smashing right off the map to stepping backward off a pillar right onto a supplicant's head.

Running Atheon with our alts right afterward took less than 10 minutes. Go figure.

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about before but for those who use warlocks and have the voidfang vestments upgraded to where you spawn with grenades. If you switch a armor piece i.e. helmet/boots/gloves after using your grenades you respawn grenades after exiting the menu screen. I'm trying to level up my lucky raspberry (hunter) to see if this works also. I found this out the other day while completing the raid.

Zakalwe

Banned
Are there any guides for flawless runs? Sure I can run around and easily beat normal raid, but to minimize risk, I have no idea what to do let alone what a team should do so no one dies at each stage.

There are simple tactics that a few teams developed in unison.

You want to minimise risk as much as possible. It only takes one silly mistake to wreck the run, and it doesn't matter how good you are normally. It doesn't matter that you've "never died on the jump puzzle before". Flawless = pressure, that pressure affects things.

Everything to the jump puzzle is easy.

Jump puzzle you really want everyone to do the spiral. Simply because fall damage can be inconsistent and we've seen people die from tiny drops that make no sense. This is very likely to do with some kind of lag, a delay in updating your actual position relative to where you think you are on screen.

The spiral minimises risk as it makes jumps smaller.

Gatekeepers we do a few thing:

Snipe GK from outside

1-2 run in to activate portal and despawn majors

Three people in first portal just in cases GK regenerates health and you need a little back up.

After first GK one person goes to where Atheon enters and sits behind the Minotaur spawn. Can take them out before they get a chance to move.

No one but GK party uses rockets here.

When in centre defending conflux with relics, let Praetorians sacrifice if it gets hectic. It's a very quick phase and you get three chances before the 4th wipes you. If you get overwhelmed let one go and take the others.

Watch out for straggling praetorians when Conflux disappears.

-

Atheon

If 0 teleport:
2 people on supplicant duty at least
Everyone else dps Atheon

If 1 person teleports:
Grab relic and run, get portal up immediately so they can run out.
Same as above.

If 2 people teleport:
Same as 1 person

If 3:
Clear portal, get buff
Only the portal team run to the back to dps
Everyone else handle supplicants and dps when you can

No jumping to centre
No jumping over the centre
Stay high for supplicants
Remember supplicant booms can get you if you're on the pillar above the portal plates

-

I may be forgetting some parts, but this is the general idea. Minimise risk, stay safe, be consistent. No need to rush, you will be able to dps him down before enrage even without the buff as long as you have good gear.

(jumps into your fire team and tries to run you over with sparrow)

I'm helpful!

crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs.gif

Dante316

Was playing other day on rust map, 4 people capturing B, announcer says heavy ammo available, I run there and wait and wait..I waited 90 seconds , they just dispersed never coming near it , pissed me off, they were all lvl 24 plus.

Axoman

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about before but for those who use warlocks and have the voidfang vestments upgraded to where you spawn with grenades. If you switch a armor piece i.e. helmet/boots/gloves after using your grenades you respawn grenades after exiting the menu screen. I'm trying to level up my lucky raspberry (hunter) to see if this works also. I found this out the other day while completing the raid.

Interesting. You used to be able to just switch grenade types and you'd get a grenade, but they appear to have fixed that. I'll have to give the armor switch a try.

Steroyd

Wow, so I won my first ever Rumble match okay sure by a hair, but I won ^_^, TLW, you beauty, I want you maxed now, still haven't unlocked the stability perk.

blackflag

It is mathematically the best primary gun for killing oracles and minotaurs in the raid. It's beast.

It is? I have VOC and Epilogue maxed and I think Epilogue is terrible. I tried it on Oracles once and I thought VOC was better. Now that I have maxed Corrective....it doesn't really matter.

Zakalwe

Banned
It is? I have VOC and Epilogue maxed and I think Epilogue is terrible. I tried it on Oracles once and I thought VOC was better. Now that I have maxed Corrective....it doesn't really matter.

Yeh. It's the fastest oracle killer in the game.

There's a fps breakdown on reddit I think.

zarnold56

Anyone doing a normal raid later tonight around 10pm central time? A buddy and I would be interested. He has never done it, I have done it a couple times. Titan and Warlock both level 29

Daemul

5 against 3 and I'm the only one on my team with a positive k/d ratio. Wtf? How can you be that bad?

There's so many shitty players in PvP, and I always seem to be on the same team as them. The upside is that I always get the Enforcer bounty done pretty quick lol.

zewone

Scout Rifles and especially Hand Cannons do reduced damage to oracles.

Auto Rifles have no damage penalty.

R0ckman

There's so many shitty players in PvP, and I always seem to be on the same team as them. The upside is that I always get the Enforcer bounty done pretty quick lol.

Yeah, everytime I get in the zone, it's either when it's getting late or I'm on a team that just sucks, not matter how many sprees or kills I get I just can't save the team.

Scout Rifles and especially Hand Cannons do reduced damage to oracles.

Auto Rifles have no damage penalty.

I feel like HC's also have reduced damage on the detain shields as well. I wonder if anyone has timed the different weapons taking them out? The detain shields and oracles feel like they may slowly regen health when not getting hit, so if there is time between shots and/or reloads, they are harder to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom