• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
It is? I have VOC and Epilogue maxed and I think Epilogue is terrible. I tried it on Oracles once and I thought VOC was better. Now that I have maxed Corrective....it doesn't really matter.
I've got both and AE is better at killing Oracles in my unscientific observations. It really shines on Minotaurs though. During Gatekeepers I go far back when left portal is done to kill the infinitely spawning Minotaurs. I can solo them forever with a few grenades and melees as long as right portal doesn't take forever. I eventually run out of ammo if they mess up and take too long but it's sweet.

Final roster for tonight!

I would like to set up a group for the normal raid tonight at 10:00pm EST

Looking to get my Level 27 Warlock in his first raid, I have done the raid dozens and dozens of times with my Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Please send me a PM as I will repost this throughout the day looking for people and I will update the player list below as I get interested players. Feel free to add me in the mean time as well.

1. Cosmos_Man
2. DJ_Lushious
3. Shem0275
4. mshafer7
5. Mindcandy
6. Thesoremaker

Sub List
1. Darryl_M_R

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I may need a few guardians for a fresh normal raid at 11pm central. Not sure how many spots just yet, but I'll know more closer to go time.

ObiDin

There's so many shitty players in PvP, and I always seem to be on the same team as them. The upside is that I always get the Enforcer bounty done pretty quick lol.

You can thank bounties for this. I never play PVP unless it's a part of an exotic bounty I am trying to finish. On the plus side, I really like control.

Deku Tree

Hard Raid tonight 9pm EST on PS4

We are looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). (If you don't quote my post, then it won't appear in green on my browser and this thread moves really fast and then I may not see your reply so please quote my post.) If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. (If we have a group that wants to start at a slightly different time that might be OK too.) I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night.

So far for tonight we have:

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

(Some people responded earlier, and I will update the list later on, just reposting from iPad for now.)

So we need four more and possibly alts. Let me know if you want to join!

Here are other people who replied to yesterdays posts on a regular hard raid group:

El Cuco (PS4: EL_CUCO305)
ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

Any of you up for a 9PM EST hard raid tonight?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Using Super Good Advice to get another Super Good Advice.

I would buy the Last Word but I have a feeling it will probably drop for me some time and I'm not in a hurry for it with a dozen other weapons to play with. I do want that badass Rocket Launcher though.

Kalamari

Why don't Titans have timers for buffs like Hunters and Warlocks, all we get is a flashing indicator when they are soon to exprire.

Gjalarhorn isn't a cure-all for Atheon. You either have a poor strategy or a team that doesn't follow directions well.

No it's not a cure all. It does help a lot though. Mistakes were made both sides of portal. We couldn't put down enough DPS. We had two rounds in a row where times vengeance didn't activate

Zakalwe

Banned
What's the best way to use a telemetry?
I want to max This tlw before I raid tonight?

I'm not sure if this is the fastest, but it levels them petty quickly:

Finish five pvp bounties.
Go to tower.
Activate telemetry.
Cash in bounties.
Pick up five pve bounties.
Go complete them asap.
Hand in.
If you have time finish off any remaining bounties.

Pass to alt and repeat.

Greenymac

What's the best way to use a telemetry?
I want to max This tlw before I raid tonight?
Do 5 bounties and hold them then Do a daily event. Use telemetry and turn them all in. While you still have 27 more minutes do more bounties and Awaken the Hive.
If you have two characters vault it for the other character then rinse and repeat.

k1t4j

Getting tired of this PvP and people using clutch weapons like the auto-shotguns or fusion rifles that all they do is 1 shot you, fucking ridiculous....

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
...... It feels simultaneously beautiful and wonderful and also .... empty. Hollow.

I'll get this maxed. I'll wreck PvP for a few days and then...it's time to hibernate on a sparrow until the Darkness Below drops. Too many Unitys and Far Crys to play.

It's an odd mix of jubilation and exhaustion really... nothing really left to find that i desperately "want." I mean fuck.. i didn't even FIND this glory.

It was presented on a platter and bought. Normalized and serialized and made redundant by the Destiny equivalent of Syndrome.

It's like... i don't know how to feel anymore.

I will say tho... dat hammer fan.

DprF5QN.gif

benjammin

Just finished the nightfall and had a lucky raspberry drop. I don't really need it, but it's the first exotic armor drop that I've seen period at level 28 so that was pretty interesting. Maybe it's a sign that I'm finally going to get some raid armor next week?

Do 5 bounties and hold them then Do a daily event. Use telemetry and turn them all in. While you still have 27 more minutes do more bounties and Awaken the Hive.
If you have two characters vault it for the other character then rinse and repeat.
Oh cool I didn't know bounties counted for telemetry. Thanks for the advice guys!

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but the 7500xp from the daily heroic level 28 missions never get applied to any of my gear. I'm sure of this as I've tried many many times and it just doesn't do anything. I think there might be a bug or I'm just completely wrong

Edit** forgot to add that if I'm doing the 9000xp bounty without dying it applies to the bounty as that's very easy to see but it just doesn't apply the XP to any of my gear

Greenymac

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but the 7500xp from the daily heroic level 28 missions never get applied to any of my gear. I'm sure of this as I've tried many many times and it just doesn't do anything. I think there might be a bug or I'm just completely wrong

Edit** forgot to add that if I'm doing the 9000xp bounty without dying it applies to the bounty as that's very easy to see but it just doesn't apply the XP to any of my gear

When I said daily I was referring to a public event...I shouldn't have said daily there. Sorry for the confusion..the package you get after completing your first public event of the day.

CREMSteve

We are looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). (If you don't quote my post, then it won't appear in green on my browser and this thread moves really fast and then I may not see your reply so please quote my post.) If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. (If we have a group that wants to start at a slightly different time that might be OK too.) I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night.

So far for tonight we have:

DekuBleep (me, 30)
MADGAME (30)

(Some people responded earlier, and I will update the list later on, just reposting from iPad for now.)

So we need four more and possibly alts. Let me know if you want to join!

Here are other people who replied to yesterdays posts on a regular hard raid group:

El Cuco (PS4: EL_CUCO305)
ErnieMcCracken
Kydd-BlaZe
Rubenov25
SharkJAW
Kor of Memory
Angry Guy
Hung Wei Lo
milkham

StrykerIsland

Geneijin

Getting tired of this PvP and people using clutch weapons like the auto-shotguns or fusion rifles that all they do is 1 shot you, fucking ridiculous....
I've started to hate sniper rifles on Shores of Time especially. That Zone C camp from Zone B side is infuriating.

Lima

It applies to armor just not weapons for some reason.

blackflag

I've got both and AE is better at killing Oracles in my unscientific observations. It really shines on Minotaurs though. During Gatekeepers I go far back when left portal is done to kill the infinitely spawning Minotaurs. I can solo them forever with a few grenades and melees as long as right portal doesn't take forever. I eventually run out of ammo if they mess up and take too long but it's sweet.

I guess I'll try it on reset I just really can't stand that gun. I usually just use Corrective measure for the minotaurs and either Corrective or VOC for oracles but I'll give it a shot. I didn't know about the damage penalty.

...you've woken the hive!

I wonder how much XP you get from that before you die. I think if you do level 9 you get approx 30 kills plus the 3 majors.

20xp (30) + 55xp (3) = 765xp

918xp with the 20% nightfall buff

994.5xp with the 20% nightfsll buff + telemetry buff (someone on here claimed its 10%)

~ 1000xp per death isn't bad at all

rayuma

Lvl 29 warlock with maxed weapons

PSN: rayuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom