• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've started to hate sniper rifles on Shores of Time especially. That Zone C camp from Zone B side is infuriating.

Go through the middle, the circular room next to C, then move around the cylindrical structure till you come up on them.

They almost never expect it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Yep.

Here's the link to the guy who did the math:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2lfu7v/math_atheons_epilogue_is_handsdown_the_best/

Scouts have a 20% reduction and Hand Cannons have 33% reduction in damage.

Wow - that's crazy. Here I was thinking it was great because of the extra damage to oracles.

Edit: From the comments

Gengo0708 said:
I have to respectfully disagree with the OP on this one. I have done extensive testing on oracles with my fully upgraded AE, VoC, FB, Praedyth's Revenge, and Icebreaker (edit: and Corrective Measure).

*figures below are based on soloing HM oracles

AE kills oracles in ~69 bullets - 1 per magazine VoC ~13-14 bullets - 2 per mag (upgraded magazine) Fatebringer - 9 bullets - 1.3 per magazine Praedyth's Revenge - 6 bullets - 1 per magazine (upgraded magazine) IB - 3 bullets - 2 per magazine Corrective Measure ~34 bullets - 3 per magazine (upgraded magazine)

With the above, I have found that CM is hands down the Oracle Killer, taking into consideration speed and number of oracle kills per magazine.

For primaries - VoC edges out Atheon's Epilogue. AE kills one oracle in 4.7 - 5.64 seconds based on OP's unload figures, while VoC takes out an oracle in 4.4 seconds (1/2 unload time) of full magazine. So to take out 2 oracles with AE, it will run between 11-12 seconds (2 unload timers + reload). 2 oracles with VoC takes them out in 8.8 seconds.

So VoC is the better of the two primaries for soloing Oracles.

Not sure if that's correct as I haven't done the math myself, but I think I'm going to switch over to Correct Measure exclusively for Oracles.

nowai

I wonder if it's still as effective with an HC? You wont get nearly as many kills per death. I'm gonna try it though for sure.

Outside of bounties, if you can stomach the grind. Waking the hive for a few hours is hands down the best XP in the game.

Ps, everywhere I go I hear TLW!

nowai

Wow - that's crazy. Here I was thinking it was great because of the extra damage to oracles.

Edit: From the comments

Not sure if that's correct as I haven't done the math myself, but I think I'm going to switch over to Correct Measure exclusively for Oracles.

Oracle disruptor is shit on anything other than Atheon's Epilogue or Corrective Measure. It's a chance to proc an extra 500 damage.

Obviously the higher rate of fire on AE and CM give you more chances to proc.

It's almost as worthless as the raid helm orb proc rate on Vex precision kills.

So how do I get into the new Raid-GAF thing? Last gun I need is Praetorian Foil, but last time I ran with you all, only Computer and Nami accepted the FRs I sent.

Qwell

Fusion rifles are OP in PVP and are very annoying
I had the same conversation with my cousin near the launch of Destiny, I'm on the side of not thinking anything is really OP. Yes there are things in the game that will one shot you ... if the player is good enough and you have some bad timing. But overall the game seems pretty balanced. I kept hearing everyone on hear talking up shotguns, and how everyone is running shotguns and one shotting folks. Well.. I suck with shotguns, I get killed by them on occasion, maybe someone is camping a corner and I don't pay attention to my minimap. Or I might be killed by an HC that someone has dead aim with. I have been killed by Suros Regime before sure why not, but I've been killed by tons of crap.

I have also done my fair share of killing with just about every weapon in the game. I didn't do a ton of PVP when I first got the game, but lately for the crucible rank I have been. I finally have all 3 of my guys at rank 3 so I can buy anything I want. I picked up the bounties for the day and went to town. Sometimes I would dominate, sometimes, I would get trashed. A lot of it depended on how well I knew the map, and the team I was matched up with. Were they playing together or a bunch of lone wolves.

I have the Vex Mytho, TDYK, Hawkmoon, Suros Regime, CM, PR, 77 Wizard... I have a lot of different weapons. And I have been able to be effective with each one, I do have to change up my playstyle though depending on if I'm going a FR bounty, or a shotgun bounty etc. And some maps are better for snipers then others, but I can't say there is 1 sure fire weapon that allows me to dominate more than the others. And it is the same for what I'm getting killed by, it is wwaaaayyy more important about how the person is playing, sure if you do an exact apples to apples comparison between weapons you might notice 1 a little more strong than the other. But I definitely don't think there is anything that will smash you more to any significant amount than the other. It is more about getting unlucky with a specific match-up on a specific section of a map.

I stupidly bought an exotic helmet engrem without realizing it was variable class. I got helm for a ranger when I'm a titan. I should just dismantle it correct?

Eeeeh I wouldn't say so.

Patience and Time.
what do you think is the best gun in pvp? The Suros? I mean I can't speak on anyone elses performance with the last word, but everytime I use it I end up with a massive k/d spread; It hits hard and fast up close, and with the stability mod I destroy at mid range too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fusion rifles are OP in PVP and are very annoying
I could tolerate a fusion rifle range nerf, but I meant specific guns. if special attention were to be paid to one it would have to be pocket Infinity but I was actually told that it stinks today so LOL

edit: damn qwell awesome post, I agree 100%

Niccolo

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 1 more player to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)

Still looking for 1 more. Some experience is preferred because the rest of us are relatively new. If I can't find someone, I'll check out destinylfg.net to fill out the ranks.

strafe

Neo Member
Starting a fresh hard mode. Just need two more to cap it off. Weapons maxed and 30 preferable please.

Message me PSN BurlyStrafe

blackflag

I could tolerate a fusion rifle range nerf, but I meant specific guns. if special attention were to be paid to one it would have to be pocket Infinity but I was actually told that it stinks today so LOL

I have one but never bothered to level it since the nerf. I've heard it's still good but I've never even seen it used in pvp. At least, I've never been killed by it. Strange.

I'll level it up eventually. I have to get a couple of PVP only weapons to 300 for Iron Banner.

Nasser

Hey guys, I really need help in the weekly heroic event, I'm stuck fighting the boss, he's really tough. I'm playing on PS4 btw.

nowai

Very manageable...I know Im gonna get lambasted for this, but Im not crazy about the Ice Breaker...I love the impact and ammo regen and thats about it.

Ummmm, you just said EXACTLY why it's great.

The perks are terrible, but it's the hardest hitting sniper in the game and had unlimited ammo. It would be even more OP if it had better perks.

I just got 3 pairs of raid boots in one raid.

And a second ship.

What the hell is this shit man :'(

I guess the boots all have random stats though so that's a plus but still :/

All i wanted was a chest or literally anything else except boots and gloves.

Still looking for 1 more. Some experience is preferred because the rest of us are relatively new. If I can't find someone, I'll check out destinylfg.net to fill out the ranks.

You guys still need one more?

I can give join now, level 27 Hunter (my alt) (will be 28 once I get some glimmer lol).

I have maxed icebreaker, fate bringer, corrective measure etc etc.

PSN: MandrakeUK

k1t4j

I've started to hate sniper rifles on Shores of Time especially. That Zone C camp from Zone B side is infuriating.

That map is a clusterfuck, and the worst MP map, design wise ever made.

Also every match seems to go

-We have C and B (the other team doesn't stand a chance)

- Some guys decide to cap A

- We lose the game :)

EDIT: shit was thinking of another map, that one on MARS, i can't recall the name now

Ateron

Eeeeh I wouldn't say so.

If you go against one of the newbies of this weekend, sure. Try to fend that against someone who knows what they're doing and you're toast. The range is pretty misleading, besides the major boost comes from the hip fire bonus damage and accuracy.

Got that gun on the 3 week after the game was out,been using it eversince. I can shoot the pecker of a mosquito 100yds away with it.

Geneijin

There's not always a sniper there, that's a different situation entirely.
Yes, you're right. But on Shores of Time, there are just too many enemies to deal with from that small room when it's ideal to hold B and C and never bother with A. It doesn't help that I also have to watch my flank when they get some decent camouflage from C side.

Ambitious

Finished the heroic raid once again. Pretty disappointing loot: Not counting shards, energy, and duplicate weapons/gear, all I've got is Praedyth's Timepiece.

My lord, why have you forsaken me?

Geneijin

That map is a clusterfuck, and the worst MP map, design wise ever made.

Also every match seems to go

-We have C and B (the other team doesn't stand a chance)

- Some guys decide to cap A

- We lose the game :)
Shores of Time isn't nearly as bad as Blind Watch. Same problems except worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom