• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think is the best gun in pvp? The Suros? I mean I can't speak on anyone elses performance with the last word, but everytime I use it I end up with a massive k/d spread; It hits hard and fast up close, and with the stability mod I destroy at mid range too.

Well, I haven't used every weapon, so I can't really say.

But, I haven't come across a single TLW user since Xur started selling it that I couldn't outgun. Meanwhile, I still get done by SUROS users often enough. I've used both and I liked my time with the SUROS better, does that mean it is better? Idk.

And even so, 'best' is so relative. So, I guess my answer is there isn't a best per se, there are guns that are perfect for certain playstyles. TLW fills a niche, and it's the best at what it does, but it's definitely not the best overall weapon. It won't be getting nerfed anytime soon, just like the SUROS 'nerf' barely did anything.
What are you basing this on exactly?

Having used it?

Niccolo

You guys still need one more?

I can give join now, level 27 Hunter (my alt) (will be 28 once I get some glimmer lol).

I have maxed icebreaker, fate bringer, corrective measure etc etc.

PSN: MandrakeUK

We are meeting up at around 9pm EST if you are available then. (Have to make sure kids are asleep and wife is happy lol) psn is bobinko66

Send me a friend request if that works for you. *FULL*

Greenymac

Doing a few story missions on my titan lvl 11. If anyone wants to jump in on their alt add me or if I already have you just join. Down for pvp in a bit, too.

If you go against one of the newbies of this weekend, sure. Try to fend that against someone who knows what they're doing and you're toast. The range is pretty misleading, besides the major boost comes from the hip fire bonus damage and accuracy.

Got that gun on the 3 week after the game was out,been using it eversince. I can shoot the pecker of a mosquito 100yds away with it.

I've had the gun for over a month, I'm not just talking out of my ass.
Woot, Hunter trophy get. I didn't even need to turn in bounties,

Congrats!

That map is a clusterfuck, and the worst MP map, design wise ever made.

Also every match seems to go

-We have C and B (the other team doesn't stand a chance)

- Some guys decide to cap A

- We lose the game :)

EDIT: shit was thinking of another map, that one on MARS, i can't recall the name now

:lol you must be thinking of Blind Watch.

Shores of Time is one of the few decent maps.

Ateron

What are you basing this on exactly?

All I know that I've won all games in which I used it in the past, with good to great k/d.

Once I was trying to do the bullshit thorn bounty, and was like 1-4. After having lost the previous match and ended up with a lousy k/d I gave up on that. Switched for TLW ended up 19-5. Yeah, it's that good if you know how to use it. There was even a guy with the mythoclast on the other team and he was getting steamrolled by it. You need some time to adjust to the gun, and it being fully upgraded helps (the last word upgrade is what it's all about) since you can literally run and gun fools, ADS be damned, and still get a bonus for doing so. I'm happy that more people will get to see that gun, but unhappy cause I'm pretty sure they will nerf it somehow. You don't even need to go for headshots, just line the crosshairs with a dude, fire 3-4 shots in quick succession and he's toast. It's not even funny.

And say what you will about it's perfomance on pve, it's clearly one of the best dps weapons in the game. Couple it with the Gunslinger's ability to reload faster after critical kills and some gloves with faster HC reload and it's like cheating.

I've had the gun for over a month, I'm not just talking out of my ass.Congrats!

It's not a gun for every play style, that's for sure. I don't know how you usually play, but in my hands it wrecks everything. Been trying to get a Hawkmoon just to compare the two, but that fire rate, stability and hip fire bonuses will surely make me go back to it, even if I score a Hawk. I hope the pvp doesn't get flooded with them, cause then a nerf will come and I will be royally pissed.

But, I haven't come across a single TLW user since Xur started selling it that I couldn't outgun. Meanwhile, I still get done by SUROS users often enough. I've used both and I liked my time with the SUROS better, does that mean it is better? Idk.

And even so, 'best' is so relative. So, I guess my answer is there isn't a best per se, there are guns that are perfect for certain playstyles. TLW fills a niche, and it's the best at what it does, but it's definitely not the best overall weapon. It won't be getting nerfed anytime soon, just like the SUROS 'nerf' barely did anything.

Having used it?

Well, no shit. No one had the time to get it up to the last ability upgrade, which drastically transforms the weapon. Wait a week or two and come back to say the same.

Zakalwe

Banned

Having used it?

It's not surprising you haven't met a TLW user since Xur that you couldn't outgun. Most won't have unlocked the unique upgrade yet which is required for the gun to be competitive, and even more will be either plain bad with it or not used to it yet.

Is it the best overall pvp weapon? Probably not. But it is the best cqc primary in the game, imo.

Regime is /much/ easier to use overall with a shallow learning curve. This is why you'll be killed by Regime more, and less because TLW isn't good.

I get great results with it all the time. It's easily on par with Regime and Hawkmoon and VoC, etc... in my experience at least.

Well, no shit. No one had the time to get it up to the last ability upgrade, which drastically transforms the weapon. Wait a week or two and come back to say the same.

I was comparing it to the SUROS which rekt shop as soon as it was sold. Pls. I have it upgraded, you don't need to tell me about it.

And, don't worry, I probably will.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was comparing it to the SUROS which rekt shop as soon as it was sold. Pls. I have it upgraded, you don't need to tell me about it.

And, don't worry, I probably will.

Some Exotics work at stock settings.

Suros and HM, for example, are incredible right away.

Others need their unique upgrades to be on par. TLW is pretty useless until you unlock its unique, but when you do it elevates it to the level of the aforementioned.

Players using TLW right now are probably still using it without the unique, of course they're going to be easy to kill.

Edit: oh god, I just read your posts again and I'm an idiot.

Don't pvp when drunk.

Shut up everyone.

29 Hunter, looking for a hard VoG run. I am experienced, have mic, know fights, and well geared. I have the Oracles checkpoint if needed. PS4 The_Reckoning

Some Exotics work at stock settings.

Suros and HM, for example, are incredible right away.

Others need their unique upgrades to be on par. TLW is pretty useless until you unlock its unique, but when you do it elevates it to the level of the aforementioned.

Players using TLW right now are probably still using it without the unique, of course they're going to be easy to kill.

I find it's actually pretty hard to kill someone at range and even mid range with high recoil. However I still managed to break even, even when I was forcing myself to ONLY use TLW. This is partly because ive never used HCs in PvP and ive used it a grand total of two times. But I can see this gun becoming a beast when I unlock those last few perks

nowai

PSN: sunvsthemoon

Ps, why am I still doing dailies? This.Game.

5Jhb.jpg

2real4tv

Yes, spots left and looking for alts since people sometimes don't show up. Also we are prioritizing 30s. Might have 4 30s now.
Ps4 dekubleep
Just sent you a FR

Then take me out lvl29 one away from 30.

Anyone else doing hard mode? Experienced with all maxed raid weapon(except fb and tb) plus ghorn.

Has anyone experimented with the telemetrys?

Apparentlyif you turn in 5 bounties worth 5000 exp. while having the appropriate telemetry active it'll fully upgrade any legendary weapon or most of an exotic.

Gonna try it on my newly acquired Last Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom