• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ateron

I hope it doesn't get nerfed. It's still too early to tell how that will alter the pvp, especially in maps that are more cqc based. Once everyone unlocks the unique upgrade we will see. Until you get it (or at least perfect balance) the gun isn't that hot. Once you got that stability and unique upgrade it wrecks things incredibly fast.

I even use it on raids and usually defend the central stairway, kill minotaurs and surrounding suplicants with it. Never had an issue. But once again, it's not suited for every playstyle. Those too used to suros or scout rifles will hate it. It requires you to be on the move and be agile to make for it's range. Once it clicks, it's a beautiful weapon.

I have a lot of maxed exotics and legendaries, suros and VoC included and I still kill faster with tlw on pve. I don't know, maybe my version of the game is bugged.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh ok guess I'll just never try since I'm not good enough since to me everything before the jumping puzzle isn't easy and people do die there.

No need to be like that.

What I mean is there are no special strats. There are no glitches, nothing you need to minimise aside from hiding in the spirit bloom cave and cheesing the Templar, but everyone does that now anyway...

Conflux
2 on left
2 on right
2 at back covering mid

Oracles same

Templar cheese

Go easy through the spirit bloom cave

Learn the gorgon patterns

There's no trick with this part like there is with Atheon. You just need to practise normal mode with a good team till you get it down. If you're all level 29/30 and you have 300 gear and you die before the jump puzzle a lot then you just need to practise until you don't.

The trick to flawless is to get as many straight runs to gatekeepers as possible so you get to experience them and Atheon in a flawless setting and practise managing the glitches there.

Trakan

Has anyone experimented with the telemetrys?

Apparentlyif you turn in 5 bounties worth 5000 exp. while having the appropriate telemetry active it'll fully upgrade any legendary weapon or most of an exotic.

Gonna try it on my newly acquired Last Word.

I have used telemetries before. With 5 bounties and a telemetry, you'll get a little under 3 upgrades filled on an exotic weapon. It may depend on the upgrades themselves, I think some cost more. My example was for the last 3 damage upgrades of an exotic.

Mindlog

Room for one more Hard Mode Oracles.

I have a huge list of outstanding friend requests. Easier if you message me. We may be full I don't know.

I hope it doesn't get nerfed. It's still too early to tell how that will alter the pvp, especially in maps that are more cqc based. Once everyone unlocks the unique upgrade we will see. Until you get it (or at least perfect balance) the gun isn't that hot. Once you got that stability and unique upgrade it wrecks things incredibly fast.

I even use it on raids and usually defend the central stairway, kill minotaurs and surrounding suplicants with it. Never had an issue. But once again, it's not suited for every playstyle. Those too used to suros or scout rifles will hate it. It requires you to be on the move and be agile to make for it's range. Once it clicks, it's a beautiful weapon.

I have a lot of maxed exotics and legendaries, suros and VoC included and I still kill faster with tlw on pve. I don't know, maybe my version of the game is bugged.

Fatebringer is my go to weapon atm. I took TLW into Rumble earlier, and even though I still won, I just don't enjoy it like some of you do. I'd never take it into PvE anyway. Any hand cannon will fuck up a supplicant, but I stick with oracle killers, and TLW ain't that unfortunately.

Zakalwe

Banned
Fatebringer is my go to weapon atm. I took TLW into Rumble earlier, and even though I still won, I just don't enjoy it like some of you do. I'd never take it into PvE anyway. Any hand cannon will fuck up a supplicant, but I stick with oracle killers, and TLW ain't that unfortunately.

Do you have LHF and TDYK? How much better is Fatebringer than those guys (If it's better at all)?

Ignoring arc for burn events.

spyder_ur

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 1 more player to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)

Are we set for this? I'll be free at 9.

Namikaze1

Rahool gave me an Artic Proxy. Shit is hot as fuck. But sadly, God of War looks better on my Titan. Will give it to my Hunter instead.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The last word is so good in pvp. Soooooo gooooood

I got this puppy legit a week back too. Now all these cats trying to bite my style thanks to xur. Pfft

Do you have LHF and TDYK? How much better is Fatebringer than those guys (If it's better at all)?

Ignoring arc for burn events.

I have both (only TDYK fully upgraded), and I don't think Fatebringer necessarily is better and falls a good bit short when it comes to range, but I like the perks more. Always funny when I shoot someone with explosive rounds and they run away immediately. Also firefly is probably my favourite perk of any weapon.
Where are all the hunters in pvp? Did they all start playing Titan?

Not a chance.

Namikaze1

Strength of the Pack looks like a freaking superhero cape when in the Tower.

Twinsies!
39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend-update-high-five.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
I have both (only TDYK fully upgraded), and I don't think Fatebringer necessarily is better and falls a good bit short when it comes to range, but I like the perks more. Always funny when I shoot someone with explosive rounds and they run away immediately. Also firefly is probably my favourite perk of any weapon.

My very first legendary was a Cryptic Dragon with Firefly. It was a bit crap in pvp, but making people explode before they understood firefly is a good memory.

I wrote off explosive rounds ages ago before trying in pvp. Am curious.

No need to be like that.

What I mean is there are no special strats. There are no glitches, nothing you need to minimise aside from hiding in the spirit bloom cave and cheesing the Templar, but everyone does that now anyway...

Conflux
2 on left
2 on right
2 at back covering mid

Oracles same

Templar cheese

Go easy through the spirit bloom cave

Learn the gorgon patterns

There's no trick with this part like there is with Atheon. You just need to practise normal mode with a good team till you get it down. If you're all level 29/30 and you have 300 gear and you die before the jump puzzle a lot then you just need to practise until you don't.

The trick to flawless is to get as many straight runs to gatekeepers as possible so you get to experience them and Atheon in a flawless setting and practise managing the glitches there.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check reddit or google for more details.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm worried about rolling a warlock and finding out just how much better they flow in pvp.

I'll never leave my Titan. Promise baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom