• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I take back everything I said about Golden Gun. Out of Control, it's the better super over Arc Blade.
Out of Control, they're pretty balanced, but Arc Blade is deceptively tougher to use. Golden Gun doesn't give you an overshield.

positioning to stay safe from Templar barrage/sniper fire, where the good sight lines are if a team mate calls out, etc...
All said and done, I think your posts have been a great help. What I quoted is what my biggest concern is now that you've helped with a lot of the other stuff. There's a thread on reddit I saw about positioning, I can look that up. And if anyone here has any suggestions that'd be nice, too. (Been spending the past few hours watching Gundam Build Fighters instead though so lol)

Power outage happening right now -__- No Destiny for me for awhile. Just when I was getting back into the game. Internet going in and out.

JambiBum

So my friend is finally upgrading to a one. He's played a lot of Destiny on the 360 but he has a physical copy. Does anyone know if there's any way that he can upgrade to the one copy using a physical one? Can he talk to Xbox Support to do it?

Well, aside from a detailed step by step it's just about learning spawns, positioning to stay safe from Templar barrage/sniper fire, where the good sight lines are if a team mate calls out, etc...

Then practise. Situational awareness. Getting good at crit shots to drop vex ASAP.

Ice Beaker maxed will kill hobgoblins with a body shot on normal making those on the platforms during oracles much easier to deal with.

Corrective measure is brilliant as its find more ammo perk keeps you stocked. It also eats Minotaurs.

Handcannons are great versus vex. Nice big crit spot you can one shot.

Too much to go into without planning out a full guide.

You're more than welcome to join us for a run some time, we could go over any parts you're unsure about.

Titan.

If all else fails bust out corrective measure and mow everything down ;)

Lima

So my friend is finally upgrading to a one. He's played a lot of Destiny on the 360 but he has a physical copy. Does anyone know if there's any way that he can upgrade to the one copy using a physical one? Can he talk to Xbox Support to do it?

No should have bought digital and get both versions. Fuck discs.

TTG

Alright more Crucible gripes... Stop reaching for third place, expand your horizons. If you have adopted one of the following styles and you're level 20 or above, I'm speaking to you:

1. Running around with a shotgun as your primary. I see this with level 30s, I see it in Control and Clash, I see it on fucking Bastion with nothing but pasture around you.
2. Fusion rifle guy peaking around a corner, likely the same two corners the entire time. You're no great mystery to solve, we're not bewildered by your ingenious tactics.
3. Permanent crouch guy. We can see you and shooting you is much easier.

None of this shit really works against players who pay attention. I think deep down you already know that as you achieve some stellar 1.0 k/d-esque ratio. Besides, isn't playing that way annoying to you? Forever looking for that twitchy one hit kill or predating on the bottom half of the other team? Well, it sure is annoying to me, strive for more!

ocean

Banned
I farmed Helium for an hour. It was so tedious and boring I am on the verge of tears. It is my #1 most hated mechanic in any game I've ever played, material farming is just horrible.

But I am now level 30. It was worth it. Hard VoG, come next reset I'll be ready for you.

Now I have to farm Relic so I can upgrade my VoC :(

Kalamari

I received nothing but ascendant materials from the entire normal raid run I just finished.

I guess it's still better than getting a sparrow or ship.

lunlunqq

I farmed Helium for an hour. It was so tedious and boring I am on the verge of tears. It is my #1 most hated mechanic in any game I've ever played, material farming is just horrible.

But I am now level 30. It was worth it. Hard VoG, come next reset I'll be ready for you.

Now I have to farm Relic so I can upgrade my VoC :(

Yup. In almost every other game, as you level-up, lower level materials become very easy to obtain and they are a non-factor to your progress anymore. Not in Destiny, at lvl 30, you still need to obtain the basic stuff in the same slow and painful way as a lvl 1. And now the basic materials are a bigger hinder to my progress than freaking ass mats which I have plenty! That's just crazy. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It would be cool to have a spectator mode of some sort. Someone watching a group play without actually being part of it. Be able to switch between player views, etc.

Deku Tree

For the second time on gatekeepers hard we wiped in the center, then got our gear during the wipe countdown, but we didn't get the checkpoint.

It would be cool to have a spectator mode of some sort. Someone watching a group play without actually being part of it. Be able to switch between player views, etc.

That's almost twitch.

Megatron

Yup. In almost every other game, as you level-up, lower level materials become very easy to obtain and they are a non-factor to your progress anymore. Not in Destiny, at lvl 30, you still need to obtain the basic stuff in the same slow and painful way as a lvl 1. And now the basic materials are a bigger hinder to my progress than freaking ass mats which I have plenty! That's just crazy. :(

Well not really. Relic Iron and Spin metal etc didn't do anything for you at level 1, and really didn't do anything until you were in the 20's. It is only used on legendary/exotic gear and weapons, right?

Okay, either 1 of 2 things has happened.

Either

a) Hand Cannon Telemtry is broken and simply doesn't work.

or

b) Telemtry doesn't work with Bounty turn ins at all.

I have screen shots for proof and will upload later, but long story short:

I turned in 17,500xp worth of bounties, and used a hand cannon telemetry right before it, and my hawkmoon only gained 17,500xp from the turn in.

blackflag

I received nothing but ascendant materials from the entire normal raid run I just finished.

I guess it's still better than getting a sparrow or ship.

This happened to me 2 out of 3 hard modes this week.

I am not deterred next Tuesday will bring me Fatebringer. On my 16th, 17th, or 18th try

Edit: actually I forgot about the Mythoclast dupes

R0ckman

Man, they need to get chat for skrimish BADLY. I'm sick of being with teamates who go rambo. And we always seem to end up with teams that stick together or do boring crap like camp at the heavy amo spots and pretty much do nothing else. Control is the only thing I enjoy playing.

lunlunqq

Well not really. Relic Iron and Spin metal etc didn't do anything for you at level 1, and really didn't do anything until you were in the 20's. It is only used on legendary/exotic gear and weapons, right?

You will need them to level up your stuff at any level. My point is not about whether or not they are useful at any level. The problem is that we are not getting them in a easier way when we are at higher level. As a matter of fact, on top of the ass mats, leg/exotic gears need an excessive amount of basic mats to upgrade. At higher level, we have better/faster ways to obtain ass mats; but the basic mats still come in at the same slow rate. In a way, this makes the basic mats even more "valuable" than the ass mats. That's just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom