• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Xur has The Last Word? FML! Now I have to farm enough coins, but I can only get 18 I think with two characters, correct?

How much is a weapon, 17?

Xur has The Last Word? FML! Now I have to farm enough coins, but I can only get 18 I think with two characters, correct?

How much is a weapon, 17?

Do the weeklies and night falls and then if you still need coins just do tiger playlist. You'll have to play a lot but you'll get it eventually

shem935

Banned
Now I truly know what it is like to get absolutely nothing from a raid. Usually get at least something like a gun I have a dupe of or armor I have dupes of but nope. Straight shards all the way through.

Anybody up for fresh normal raid? Just got my newly created titan to level 28 and wanna see if I can get any armor

PS4 PSN: ck716

Anyone doing a normal raid here pretty soon? Would like to go 29 Titan with maxed weapons and experience.

I'm down. That would make 2

Should we make a list?

Geneijin

You will need them to level up your stuff at any level. My point is not about whether or not they are useful at any level. The problem is that we are not getting them in a easier way when we are at higher level. As a matter of fact, on top of the ass mats, leg/exotic gears need an excessive amount of basic mats to upgrade. At higher level, we have better/faster ways to obtain ass mats; but the basic mats still come in at the same slow rate. In a way, this makes the basic mats even more "valuable" than the ass mats. That's just not right.
If each upgrade required 8 instead of 16, a lot of this would be more tolerable and there might not even be a need for farming routes.

If each upgrade required 8 instead of 16, a lot of this would be more tolerable and there might not even be a need for farming routes.

That would be more tolerable but still not a fix. They need to add more way to acquire it or phase it out for the last few upgrades and just be Ass Mats.

Bungie has at least acknowledged this is poor game play and are working on a fix. Hints of a new material vendor. Would be nice if you could purchase them for Marks. Something like 2 mats per mark would be reasonable.

Acorn

That would be more tolerable but still not a fix. They need to add more way to acquire it or phase it out for the last few upgrades and just be Ass Mats.

Bungie has at least acknowledged this is poor game play and are working on a fix. Hints of a new material vendor. Would be nice if you could purchase them for Marks. Something like 2 mats per mark would be reasonable.
200 mats a week? That's like 3-4 top weapons. Bungie will never do it.

nowai

Okay, either 1 of 2 things has happened.

Either

a) Hand Cannon Telemtry is broken and simply doesn't work.

or

b) Telemtry doesn't work with Bounty turn ins at all.

I have screen shots for proof and will upload later, but long story short:

I turned in 17,500xp worth of bounties, and used a hand cannon telemetry right before it, and my hawkmoon only gained 17,500xp from the turn in.

It doesn't work on bounties. This was found out months ago. Telemetry only buffs XP gained while killing with the weapon.

Hence why I always tell people to go wake the hive.

Qwell

Just had a most excellent farming run for spinmetal, watched 2x 22min episodes of South Park and racked up 171 spinmetal, not too shabby. I was in the zone.

Of course now I need to do a relic iron run :( Not sure if I have it in me atm.

It doesn't work on bounties. This was found out months ago. Telemetry only buffs XP gained while killing with the weapon.

Hence why I always tell people to go wake the hive.

I wish I would have seen your comments. I've seen plenty of people in here say otherwise. :/

nowai

I wish I would have seen your comments. I've seen plenty of people in here say otherwise. :/

Ahh sorry man. Ya, if you can stomach the awful grind. Pop a telemetry, a black wax idol...a beer and go wake the hive with a heroic modifier for a few hours.

Edit: Ps, let me know if it you guys stop doing skirmish and do 6v6. I'll join ya.

LiK

Lol, I'm sucking so bad at Skirmish right now. I need to apologize to Kor and Ratsult. I need to get to leve 20. I'm so close.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
The daily heroic having the angry modifier and all these cabal phalanxes is just cruel.
Yep. Not a good combo with The Last Word either. For some reason, despite The Last Word's high impact, shots to Phalanx arms weren't making them drop their shields. Probably has something to do with auto-aim.

Yep. Not a good combo with The Last Word either. For some reason, despite The Last Word's high impact, shots to Phalanx arms weren't making them drop their shields. Probably has something to do with auto-aim.

For missions like this I find a Scout Rifle to really shine. I breezed through the daily sitting back and hitting precision shots.

Fitts

I hadn't played crucible all week until tonight and was leveling Hawkmoon for the majority of the time via PvE. I've been maining Thorn in PvP for a while and switching back was... tough. I've gotten very used to Hawkmoon making Thorn feel foreign. The good news is...

Trying to level my Warlock in PVP with all these TLWs everywhere is pretty irritating.

...it was chewing through the influx of Last Word users. And just about everything else for that matter. Goddamn what a primary. For now, it's Hawkmoon when I want to win and Thorn when I want to cause some shenanigans. I'm not sure where TLW will fit into the equation as I have yet to touch it, but will start leveling it soon as Hard Light nearly has all its perks unlocked. (looks to be modeled after a Shingen with specific options selected)

That's the "angry" modifier. Enemies don't flinch when shot. I've been busy trying to level an alt, so I've missed the daily a few days this week, but I would have skipped today either way. Angry and Cabal just equals no fun. I'll deal with it for the 9 coins, or nightfall, but not for a couple of shards.

nowai

I'm not sure where TLW will fit into the equation as I have yet to touch it, but will start leveling it soon as Hard Light nearly has all its perks unlocked. (looks to be modeled after a Shingen with specific options selected)

Put the Hard Light out to pasture.

spyder_ur

We need one to finish off Atheon - were on him - someone just dropped out. PSN: spyder_ur

Just add me as a friend and join.

Edit: Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom