• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

Finally got VoC from hard raid I'm so happy...Fatebringer next week I can feel it!

Oh also random teleports in atheon fight...FUCKKK YOUUUUU BUNGEE

Takuan

Still open?
Sorry Nug, I would up finding someone on my friends list and forgot about this post. My bad!

So tonight I learned that you won't get any rewards for running normal after having run hard mode. No worries though, it was good practice and my buddy got his first raid experience (at level 28, haha).

I know. They still would never do it.

Now that I think about it I probably low balled it. You can grind out 200 basic mats in just a couple (mind-numbingly boring) hours on patrol. A couple hundred mats for a weeks worth of Marks seems paltry by comparison. If you could buy them with Marks, it should probably be more than 2 per mark.

Who knows what Bungie will do, I'm just glad they are looking into it. Basic Mat farming is by far the worst aspect of the game. Anything to give us more options, the better. Whether it be purchasing with glimmer, Motes of Light or a slew of new ways to drop, I am all for it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
That's the "angry" modifier. Enemies don't flinch when shot. I've been busy trying to level an alt, so I've missed the daily a few days this week, but I would have skipped today either way. Angry and Cabal just equals no fun. I'll deal with it for the 9 coins, or nightfall, but not for a couple of shards.
Ahh. Thanks. Didn't realize heroic dailies had Angry modifiers. No wonder that was so annoyingly tough. Made me whip out the Ballerhorn and clean house (was trying to level another heavy so I had it tucked away). Sweet revenge.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
That's the "angry" modifier. Enemies don't flinch when shot. I've been busy trying to level an alt, so I've missed the daily a few days this week, but I would have skipped today either way. Angry and Cabal just equals no fun. I'll deal with it for the 9 coins, or nightfall, but not for a couple of shards.
Ahh. Thanks. Didn't realize heroic dailies had Angry modifiers. No wonder that was so annoyingly tough. Made me whip out the Ballerhorn and clean house (was trying to level another heavy so I had it tucked away). Sweet revenge.

spyder_ur

It's finally that time. My friends and I are looking to do our first full normal raid tonight at around 9pm EST. The 3 of us are all level 28 and up and have little experience with the raid. (I'm the only one to have done some sections)

We are looking for 1 more player to join us and try and knock one out. Preferably players with some patience and a good attitude. Experience not required (which may lead to some headaches lol)

PSN bobinko66

Let me know on this board if you are interested as I will check this up until tonight. Send off a friend request and we can have some fun.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)

That was real fun - you guys aren't so bad for a bunch of Canadians.

It was a crazy productive raid in terms of loot for me - Raid Boots, Found Verdict, and, at the end, the Horn! Finally. It was a struggle at the end but good times and well worth it. Hope you enjoyed your first raid.

Niccolo

Thanks to everyone for the finish of normal raid. No items but it was the best time I've had in Destiny. Glad we didn't cheese anything as I now feel comfortable in all roles. Can't wait for next week.

spyder_ur

Thanks to everyone for the finish of normal raid. No items but it was the best time I've had in Destiny. Glad we didn't cheese anything as I now feel comfortable in all roles. Can't wait for next week.

Awesome times - see my post above yours. Feel a little guilty about my loot haul.

Any lvl 30s on XBOX ONE want to finish off the Raid on Hard starting at the Gatekeepers?

I've got a group of 2 29s and 3 30s, we just need one more 30 to make sure there's always at least one 30 through the portal to hold the shield.

JaegerDice on XBL. Message me if interested.

LiK

Excellent, TLW is pretty fun altho I still suck with it. Need that hip upgrade.

Anyway, mucho thanks to Kor and Ratsult. Super nice guys and helped me level up. Fun Skirmish matches.

FINALLY GOT TO 20!!! Well, 25 actually haha. Had a bunch of hunter gear saved up.

krvjzx.jpeg

TheRook

I'm happy I finally got to 30 last night(20 mins ago).
UIKf79u.jpg

I got hella invites as I was getting offline. I do like dealing decent damage in the hard raid though...and not getting bopped hard by pretorians.

Anyways, GAF...what I do now that I'm at 30? More raids? Collect Exotics, chill with the homies?

Damn man. I swear this game just doesn't want me to create a warlock. I have 4 different chest pieces and I think 3 exotic helmets, but the game just won't give me arm or leg pieces. I really wish I could just buy armor for other classes.

BreakJohn

I'm happy I finally got to 30 last night(20 mins ago).

I got hella invites as I was getting offline. I do like dealing decent damage in the hard raid though...and not getting bopped hard by pretorians.

Anyways, GAF...what I do now that I'm at 30? More raids? Collect Exotics, chill with the homies?

apart from doing the nightfalls when they reset every week i try to keep myself busy by getting every exotic i have to 300 one at a time. sure its a little tedious but you definitely get a feel for pretty much every weapon by doing this. i've grown to appreciate weapons i once thought were assenergy fodder like the thorn and hard light. (except the juju and red death, and screw it every pulse rifle in the game these weapons are horrible)

TLW....the hype is real y'all. Like, as a dedicated Suros user prior I can't say for sure I'm never going back but I'm doing WAYYYY better with this than I was doing with the Suros yesterday. I don't even have the titular perk yet but my lowest KD of the night was a 2.2 I think. Shit is obscene.

The ONLY HC to counter it right now is a maxxed Thorn a room away from the TLW user. Any closer and they are getting rekt. Hoping to have this fully upgraded by the time the Iron Banner rolls around again.

Not only does it straight up perform well, it is such a blast to use. Those animations, that ridiculous firing rate, that sound, hnghhhh. This is the kind of feeling I wish all exotics had.

I think my Hunter alt might have just became my main. After being stuck at 29 for a few weeks I'm bored out of my mind playing as a Titan. I hate moving like a tank but getting out-tanked by Warlocks. The only thing I miss from Titans is Supermaning the opposing team while capping a point. Thankfully Bungie is letting the Iron Banner give us shit to get to 30 already.

raindoc

Amazing run yesterday. Made it to Atheon in little more than an hour, later gave up after four (!!!) hours of glitches.
It was that Bungie.net "Atheon LFG"-post come true.
Still - incredibly funny, great group. Noone got mad or angry,. Had some good laughs, would raid again.

raindoc

At Atheon on hard. Any level 30s out there? Need four. Reply with PSN ID.

raindoc (lvl 30 sunbro or titan)
Too late, but I got a checkpoint too, if anybody wants to do it.

EDIT: sorry for double-posting, but the post above should explain my greedyness.

LiK

Alright, gonna try and get my Warlock gear upgraded so I can reach 25 and do a NF. Hope I can do more PVP with Gaffers here. A HC is not a weapon type I'm used to but I wanna get good at them. TLW animations are pretty swag. I def wanna max it out. The perks are pretty sweet.

I have a Monte Carlo as an alt Primary. Gonna see how it goes in PVP with it.

Had a great time online tonight. I was only level 13, doing a story mission on Venus, when this random level 21 invited me. Ok, cool - then she let me lead. She was cool with me doing baby mode story missions and strikes because of my level. Even showed me dead ghost locations. Then another player joined us and we all stuck around for a few hours.

It seems so quaint, but I can't remember the last time I played in an online community that was so...nice :O

Steroyd

Anyone else's PvE I.e patrols borked?

Crazy lag going on, from killing the same enemy twice, enemies straight up not dying and chest/materials not gathering. :|

So either the servers were acting a bit wonky like an hour ago, or they fucked up the Templar Conflux section on VoG Hard. There were several instances where goblins/frantics wouldn't die after enough bullets went into them; enemies wouldn't move for at least 15-30 seconds (especially when we were trying to wipe via sacrifices). A hobgoblin managed to reach the central conflux at least 5-10 seconds after the first phase started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom