• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

allday247

Banned
Amazing run yesterday. Made it to Atheon in little more than an hour, later gave up after four (!!!) hours of glitches.
It was that Bungie.net "Atheon LFG"-post come true.
Still - incredibly funny, great group. Noone got mad or angry,. Had some good laughs, would raid again.

Was a good laugh mate and yeah it just reminded me of that Atheon LFG post.
Would be good to finish it if you haven't already done so :)

New flawless glitch:

Oracles in the portals spawn in the opposite order.

Not new, sadly. Seen it multiple times. :(

Fuck you Bungie

2nd relic holder was stuck inside portal during the flawless run.

Did the sync plate go down at any point? When you say 2nd relic holder, do you mean guy who grabbed the right/jungle relic after already doing the left portal?

PSA: Found Verdict is the best oracle killer in the game. One outstanding quality is that it leaves your heavy for Atheon.

Yep. Two shots. Only issue is keeping parties together on portals when people are jumping to hit them.

That's the key. Just gotta get extra close and give two quick shots. Make sure everyone keeps moving forward the whole time. Keep the rhythm.

Ambitious

Speaking of bugs: In yesterday's raid, I was beating up a Praetorian with the relic when he suddenly regenerated his shield in an instant. I was hitting him non-stop, so there's no way his regen could have kicked in.
Also.. I had already destroyed his eye. He shouldn't have been able to regenerate at all.

Zakalwe

Banned
Speaking of bugs: In yesterday's raid, I was beating up a Praetorian with the relic when he suddenly regenerated his shield in an instant. I was hitting him non-stop, so there's no way his regen could have kicked in.
Also.. I had already destroyed his eye. He shouldn't have been able to regenerate at all.

Yeh, this happens all the time. Happens with many other enemies in the raid too, even gatekeepers on occasion.

Geneijin

Did the sync plate go down at any point? When you say 2nd relic holder, do you mean guy who grabbed the right/jungle relic after already doing the left portal?
We grabbed the relic from the left portal, and then, went to retrieve the relic from the right side. The 1st relic holder got out fine, but the 2nd one was probably glitched? I was busy soloing center conflux and not paying attention to anything else.

My utter confusion when the realization set in about the glitch :(

Zakalwe

Banned
I've even see this happen on patrol and story missions. Not quite as prominent as the raid, but it is a widespread bug.

Oh yeh that's what I meant by "all the time", soz, should have written that better.

It's not quite as pronounced as in the raid probably because the stakes aren't as high elsewhere and you won't be as focused.

Praetorians were buggy for me too last night. Taking loads of damage with a sliver of health and not dying. Headless Praetorians can regen their shield though.

Nodnol

Does any one know how many people you need in the Raid to get the chests in the maze?

My internet crapped out just after beating the Templar. After a few resets and hard reboots I gave up. I think the party carried on to Atheon's door.

Can I jump in solo just to grab the chests?

Steroyd

Fuck you Bungie

2nd relic holder was stuck inside portal during the flawless run.

That usually happens if the person who got the first relic aims to leave after the 2nd relic holder.

It's stupid game logic, but the portal shuts down after the relic of that portal leaves the place, doesn't wait for anyone else.

Deku Tree

That usually happens if the person who got the first relic aims to leave after the 2nd relic holder.

It's stupid game logic, but the portal shuts down after the relic of that portal leaves the place, doesn't wait for anyone else.

Yup the relic holder of the relic that was grabbed in that portal always has to leave last. Otherwise the people who leave afterwards are forever locked into the portal. Stinks but that's the way the game works.

PSA: Found Verdict is the best oracle killer in the game. One outstanding quality is that it leaves your heavy for Atheon.

Hmmm even better reason to get it fully upgraded since I was going to anyway for Iron Banner. I usually use Ice Breaker for Atheon, but Gjallarhorn wouldn't hurt. ;)

I unlocked The Last Word perk for The Last Word (couldn't they think of a name?) and it still doesn't seem particularly accurate when fired from the hip. I'm shooting at hive's big ass heads from a few steps away and the critical hit doesn't even register half the time. I thought I'd get a normal cross reticule. It looks like it's exactly the same.

Zakalwe

Banned
Found Verdict is arc afaik. It's a full-auto shotgun and absolutely rocks in PvP.

Yeh it's arc, but as it's a great oracle killer having void would make it a Minotaur eater too. Probably why it doesn't have void.

It has stupid range in pvp, probably needs a little toning down.

Deku Tree

Done this week so far

3x Weekly 28
3x Nightfall
2x Hard Raid
1x Normal Raid (plus 1x oracles to gorgons cheese) with my 27 Titan
Several various daily 28's and a few of the interesting bounties.

Only things left to do in Destiny until tuesday are some bounties and some gear and weapons leveling.

Still no hype-horn, no Vex Mythocast and no Praetorian Foil and no Titan Raid Armor..

Yeh it's arc, but as it's a great oracle killer having void would make it a Minotaur eater too. Probably why it doesn't have void.

It has stupid range in pvp, probably needs a little toning down.

I've been hit from stupid ranges with blue shotguns lol. Invective still seems to be the best though. As it should be.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've been hit from stupid ranges with blue shotguns lol. Invective still seems to be the best though. As it should be.

You think so? I need to test mine again after using FV. The range on Invective isn't as good but that rof...

-

Hands in blue engram.
Gets mote.

"I pity your enemies."

Oh, Rahool.

no angel

bought The Last Word yesterday after gagging for an exotic/legendary hand cannon since gettting the game only to find I prefer the Multi Tool that dropped after my Monday Nightfall. Bit of a let down really!

Zakalwe

Banned
bought The Last Word yesterday after gagging for an exotic/legendary hand cannon since gettting the game only to find I prefer the Multi Tool that dropped after my Monday Nightfall. Bit of a let down really!

Have you levelled it to its unique upgrade?

TLW is pretty crappy until you do.

GutZ31

I have the Hawkmoon, and The Last Word, but I shelved them both for Fatebringer.
Hand cannon wise, the hawkmoon is the better choice, but Fatebringer is only legendary, as well as elemental, as well as deadly as fuck.
Even in PVP, it wreaks house.

Agent

So far I've enjoyed using The Last Word and the awesome animations (seriously, why can't other guns have animations like this), but I can't get over the ammo capacity. I know its because I don't have it fully leveled it is going to take an extra shot or two to drop something, but only 8 rounds is not ideal. I'm going to fully level it for PvP purposes but it will be hard to take away my Fatebringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom