• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai XIII

All hunter exotics maxed. All classes lv30.

Just need a few more for the Titan (NBUP and ISF) and warlock (SoDA and HoPF), then three exotic weapons to complete the set (vex, plan c and Red Death).

Ready for the expansion, tbh. But at 430ish hours I guess that's to be expected lol.

I apologize for (literally) falling asleep on this yesterday, but I was wondering if we could get enough people together today (anytime really) to bust this out:

PS4 Team to set new Atheon hard mode kill record (hopefully)

Requirements: PS4, Lv 30, and maxed GHorn. We probably need at least 1-2 more Defenders, but more the merrier. So far I've talked to:

1.) Me- Defender
2.) Astro- Defender
3.) LordofPwn
4.) The_Reckoning- Defender
5.) Steroyd- Defender
6.)Jinjo- Defender

Alternates: grimlock33, GreenyMac

We would only need the Atheon checkpoint then it would be easy to get a bunch of cracks at it. Just have to figure out the perfect positioning so everyone can have I-WoL + TsV + clear line of sight for GH.

Let me know if people are around for this, or hit me up on PSN (DrDrizzay101) since I'm on now.

Do did full VOG for the first time yesterday. Want to apologize to all my fellow gaffers for my inability to do the jumping puzzle and wasting 30 min. I'm gonna go play some Mario Bros to get better.

Rest of raid was relatively easy. Weird bug where I didn't exit the portal and landed in a corner on Venus, but other than that a fruitful and well done run.

Steroyd

Do did full VOG for the first time yesterday. Want to apologize to all my fellow gaffers for my inability to do the jumping puzzle and wasting 30 min. I'm gonna go play some Mario Bros to get better.

Rest of raid was relatively easy. Weird bug where I didn't exit the portal and landed in a corner on Venus, but other than that a fruitful and well done run.

You should play Turok instead, once you master those jumps, you'll never fail ever again lol.

Damn good raid(s). I feel bad that I made out like a bandit and some of us ..not so much. But hitting 30 isnt so bad =)

Hitting 30 is a cause to celebrate! Congrats to everyone involved, it was a lot of fun. First Atheon vs. second run showed the different learning curve for 4 30's vs. 2. We want 30 for everyone!

We grabbed the relic from the left portal, and then, went to retrieve the relic from the right side. The 1st relic holder got out fine, but the 2nd one was probably glitched?

Yeah, seen that happen a few times. I've never seen it happen when the 2nd relic guy exits first though, so that's my only recommendation. Also, make sure people always go one at a time, in any phase. You can run through portals just fine, but only one person can go at a time. That part may not be a glitch but a non-sarcastic example of W as I. Basically 2nd portal is:

1.) first relic enters and supers GK
2.) second relic enters and finishes off GK with IB or whatever
3.) both go up together and help finish adds
4.) first relic cleanses second at top when he grabs the relic so that second's cleanse timer will be up before needing another cleanse
5.) second relic jumps back towards portal, use R1 for mobility, exit
6.) first relic follows after, then collapse to middle

Outside of disconnections, I don't think there's any luck involved with flawless anymore. Obviously it helps, but every glitch I've seen has a counter measure. I can help run it later if you need people but obviously want new guys to get it.

TTG

Anyone know exactly what bonuses Last Word ability delivers? I'm seeing some critical hits in the 90s now(was 70ish), but not every time and it doesn't seem to depend on ADS.

I apologize for (literally) falling asleep on this yesterday, but I was wondering if we could get enough people together today (anytime really) to bust this out:

PS4 Team to set new Atheon hard mode kill record (hopefully)

Requirements: PS4, Lv 30, and maxed GHorn. We probably need at least 1-2 more Defenders, but more the merrier. So far I've talked to:

1.) Me- Defender
2.) Astro- Defender
3.) LordofPwn
4.) The_Reckoning- Defender
5.) Steroyd- Defender
6.)Jinjo- Defender

Alternates: grimlock33, GreenyMac

We would only need the Atheon checkpoint then it would be easy to get a bunch of cracks at it. Just have to figure out the perfect positioning so everyone can have I-WoL + TsV + clear line of sight for GH.

Let me know if people are around for this, or hit me up on PSN (DrDrizzay101) since I'm on now.

30 lock with Max ballerhorn and hard Atheon checkpoint if you need me I can be on in ten minutes

Edit: you probably don't want a hard Atheon checkpoint haha... Still up for it if you need me

30 lock with Max ballerhorn and hard Atheon checkpoint if you need me I can be on in ten minutes

Awesome, let's see if we can get two more. Maxed GH+30+PS4.

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.)
6.)

Obviously people who replied earlier should have first dibs but let's see if we can even get enough people.

Deku Tree

mythbusters: do both the normal and the hard raid?

Some people say it is better to do both the normal first and then the hard raid second separately if you are primarily interested in getting normal raid drops like raid armor. They say you are more likely from a probabilisitic standpoint to defeat RNG, and you have better odds of getting the normal drops you want if you do both. But there is no concrete evidence that this is the case. The supporters of this philosophy claim that because you get two "hard drops" from the larger hard raid loot pool if you only do hard then your are less likely to get the normal drops you want.

People claim to know that you always get two hard drops from the hard raid if you haven't done normal because some people have been seen to get two fatebringers from the templar and other such examples. I have seen photographic evidence of two fatebringers dropping from the templar so let's suppose this is correct.

Let's just do one example of the Boss battle vs the Templar. This is all guess work but I believe in what I'm about to say. So everyone who has done the raid numerous times should agree that you are much more likely to get ascendant materials than any other drop from almost any point in the raid. This indicates that there is a probabilistic weighting to what kind of loot you can get. So for example lets suppose for the sake of argument the likelihood of getting different normal drops goes something like this:

Boss battle: Templar (Normal)
Ascendant Materials 40% chance
Found Verdict 10% chance
Praedyth's Revenge 10% chance
Random Exotic Weapon 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

Boss battle: Templar (HARD)
Ascendant Materials 30% chance
Found Verdict 10% chance
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only) 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

So for hard I reduced the chance of ascendant materials by 10% and I used that 10% change to win Fatebringer. This is just one possible example and some drops may be missing, and the probabilities are made up by me. But it illustrates one of many possible scenarios that can not be ruled out where you have no RNG advantage in getting the normal drops you want by doing normal first and then hard second.

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.)
6.)

Obviously people who replied earlier should have first dibs but let's see if we can even get enough people.

You better stream this record breaking attempt. I want to see six Battlehorns hitting him all at once and just watch him melt (you are going to have the relic holder drop the relic right?).

Some people say it is better to do both the normal first and then the hard raid second separately if you are primarily interested in getting normal raid drops like raid armor. They say you are more likely from a probabilisitic standpoint to defeat RNG, and you have better odds of getting the normal drops you want if you do both. But there is no concrete evidence that this is the case. The supporters of this philosophy claim that because you get two "hard drops" from the larger hard raid loot pool if you only do hard then your are less likely to get the normal drops you want.

People claim to know that you always get two hard drops from the hard raid if you haven't done normal because some people have been seen to get two fatebringers from the templar and other such examples. I have seen photographic evidence of two fatebringers dropping from the templar so let's suppose this is correct.

Let's just do one example of the Boss battle vs the Templar. This is all guess work but I believe in what I'm about to say. So everyone who has done the raid numerous times should agree that you are much more likely to get ascendant materials than any other drop from almost any point in the raid. This indicates that there is a probabilistic weighting to what kind of loot you can get. So for example lets suppose for the sake of argument the likelihood of getting different normal drops goes something like this:

Found Verdict 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

Found Verdict 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

So for hard I reduced the chance of ascendant materials by 10% and I used that 10% change to win Fatebringer. This is just one possible example and some drops may be missing, and the probabilities are made up by me. But it illustrates one of many possible scenarios that can not be ruled out where you have no RNG advantage in getting the normal drops you want by doing normal first and then hard second.

You forgot Praetorian Foil.

ocean

Banned

Found Verdict 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

Found Verdict 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

It's always surprised me that people think drops are completely random when it's clear that there's some sort of weighing in place throughout the game. This is why I agree with you 100%. If we don't know the weighing, anyone who suggests running normal first for a better chance at armor is just guessing anyways.

On another note: is Fatebringer the only Hard-exclusive Templar drop? What boss drops the Timepiece and the Foil? I'm only missing those three weapons from the raid set.

It's always surprised me that people think drops are completely random when it's clear that there's some sort of weighing in place throughout the game. This is why I agree with you 100%. If we don't know the weighing, anyone who suggests running normal first for a better chance at armor is just guessing anyways.

On another note: is Fatebringer the only Hard-exclusive Templar drop? What boss drops the Timepiece and the Foil? I'm only missing those three weapons from the raid set.

Oh yeah, Timepiece as well. Pretty sure I got one of mine from the Templar. Other one was Atheon, I think.

Edit: you probably don't want a hard Atheon checkpoint haha... Still up for it if you need me

Oh, we definitely want hard Atheon. :) Previous "record" was 17 seconds on hard with 4 GHs but not all I-WoL'ed out either.

You better stream this record breaking attempt. I want to see six Battlehorns hitting him all at once and just watch him melt (you are going to have the relic holder drop the relic right?).

Haha a little Saturday morning entertainment for the thread. I've never done PS4 streaming but it's probably easy or someone else in the group will have it set up already... maybe?

Found Verdict 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

Found Verdict 10% chance
Raid Body 10% chance
Raid Gloves 10% chance
Raid Feet 10% chance

I've wanted to do this, but with 3 characters (30 Titan. 29 hunter, 28 Warlock) I can't see myself having time to do 6 raids a week. I have trouble enough doing 3, not to mention finding the groups (I just have 1 raid group that does hard).

Oh, we definitely want hard Atheon. :) Previous "record" was 17 seconds on hard with 4 GHs but not all I-WoL'ed out either.

Haha a little Saturday morning entertainment for the thread. I've never done PS4 streaming but it's probably easy or someone else in the group will have it set up already... maybe?

Ahh ok. I thought it was on normal, but yeah sure. I'll be on my hunter for now, but chuck me an inv when you're ready

ocean

Banned

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.)
6.)

Let us know if you'll be streaming! I'd love to see this.

ocean

Banned
Oh yeah, Timepiece as well. Pretty sure I got one of mine from the Templar. Other one was Atheon, I think.
Thanks. I hear a lot about Fatebringer, specially after that Redditor proving it's the highest DPS primary, but never much about the other two.

How do the Timepiece and Foil stack up against other good weapons of their type?

Deku Tree

You forgot Praetorian Foil.

Thanks! Yes I didnt get the exact drops 100% correct. I copied that list from a quick Google search. I just wanted to make the point that if we don't know the RNG weighting of all the possible drops then it is impossible to know for sure whether it is better to do both raids or just the hard raid to get your normal drops.

Zakalwe

Banned

We should set the timer from the very start of the check point and set a proper record. They set their timer from after the first portal.

We can see if we can beat that 17 seconds from the same point as well, but we should reset this record in the proper place imo.

I'm stuck at work, so yeah, some entertainment would be great.

patchday

Thanks. I hear a lot about Fatebringer, specially after that Redditor proving it's the highest DPS primary, but never much about the other two.

How do the Timepiece and Foil stack up against other good weapons of their type?

Its a primary pulse rifle that does arc dmg. Might be useful in Nightfall :)

just got it myself

Never used the Foil, but I hear it's great. Absolutely destroys Oracles and Minotaurs. The Timepiece doesn't seem great. I've heard it's the second best pulse rifle after Red Death, but it's a pulse rifle so meh. Not my thing.

ocean

Banned
Never used the Foil, but I hear it's great. Absolutely destroys Oracles and Minotaurs. The Timepiece doesn't seem great. I've heard it's the second best pulse rifle after Red Death, but it's a pulse rifle so meh. Not my thing.
I've got Red Death and I concur with 'meh'. I can't get the hang of Pulse Rifles. I only see myself using the Timepiece for Arc Burn if I get it before Fatebringer. Now I really want that Foil though...

Trying to get a flawless raid in, 5 experienced raiders with max weapons, need 1 more.
If anyone is up for it, just add me (PSN = TearsOfBlood)!

Thanks! Yes I didnt get the exact drops 100% correct. I copied that list from a quick Google search. I just wanted to make the point that if we don't know the RNG weighting of all the possible drops then it is impossible to know for sure whether it is better to do both raids or just the hard raid to get your normal drops.

Yeah, I just do hard anyway because it's more efficient. If the weight of the drops was actually figured out, I might consider doing normal first. I don't think it works like that though unfortunately.

SgtCobra

Why didn't you take the shortcut? If you're a bit cautious it's piss easy :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good luck to the Atheon kill record squad! I definitely recommend streaming so that we can watch and also to help with determining the record. Bear in mind that the 17-second kill video was a bit misleading; they started counting from time's vengeance kicking in (13 seconds left on the clock when Atheon dies). The entire process of getting ported and making it through to get the buff in the first place is left out, but there's no reason that shouldn't be part of a kill record. make sure to record from spawn to Atheon's death. Figuring out how your kill compares to the "17 second" one will be easy because of the timer, but you guys should set a proper record as well!

edit: beaten all over.

We should set the timer from the very start of the check point and set a proper record. They set their timer from after the first portal..

Yeah, definitely a good idea. The whole "17 seconds from some kinda arbitrary start point" was kinda silly.

Edit: theherokiller736 has become legend.

Raid team- we seem to be having some mic issues, but I will join back on for GK and Atheon if you send an invite. I promise not to bring him with me.

Greenymac

Yeah, definitely a good idea. The whole "17 seconds from some kinda arbitrary start point" was kinda silly.

Edit: theherokiller736 has become legend.

Raid team- we seem to be having some mic issues, but I will join back on for GK and Atheon if you send an invite. I promise not to bring him with me.

Im about to eat some breakfast, but let me know when/if you need me

Lima

Timepiece only drops from gatekeepers.

It's the only raid weapon which I think shouldn't be one. That is mostly because pulse rifles suck dick and have no place in this game but also because the weapon itself is so bad. It's the equivalent of an assault rifle with high rate of fire and super low impact. Except that because it's not an AR the rate of fire is lower. It's just bad.

Praetorian foil on the other hand drops from Templar and is one of the best fusion rifles in the game. High impact and good perks on it.

NextGen

Yeah, I just do hard anyway because it's more efficient. If the weight of the drops was actually figured out, I might consider doing normal first. I don't think it works like that though unfortunately.

Just to add to your mythbuster post, I got 2 Fatebringers from the templar drop on hard. I was really really popular within the group, honest I was!!

Lima

Just to add to your mythbuster post, I got 2 Fatebringers from the templar drop on hard. I was really really popular within the group, honest I was!!

Yeah we already figured out that if you play straight on hard the game sometimes picks both loot drops from the hard loot pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom