• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREMSteve

Any lvl 30s want to do a quick Hard mode run starting at the Gatekeeper? Id like to hammer it out quickly before my wife has to leave for work and I get put on daddy duty today.

PSN StrykerIsland if you're interested. ^^

k1t4j

Does anyone need a hunter,29 for HM raid?

I have maxed raid weapons and maxed gear upgraded, just missing the gloves :(

I have done hard a couple of times before

NextGen

Yeah we already figured out that if you play straight on hard the game sometimes picks both loot drops from the hard loot pool.

Yea I had asked the question a while ago then saw it for myself, I still like to play through normal first if for no other reason than practice with the relic.

chippy13

Awesome raid team last night.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)
6. Robdraggoo

Definitely made that the best time I've had in destiny yet. Anytime you guys want to do another I'm in.

I'm definitely going to start playing through on normal, then hard. Last time I got two helmets at Atheon, so I figure my chance of getting a chest piece on hard must be really low. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I'd figure I'd kick myself if I got two PR's and zero VoC's running on hard. No reason to not run normal real quick just in case it matters.

I'm definitely going to start playing through on normal, then hard. Last time I got two helmets at Atheon, so I figure my chance of getting a chest piece on hard must be really low. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I'd figure I'd kick myself if I got two PR's and zero VoC's running on hard. No reason to not run normal real quick just in case it matters.

With 3 characters I just can't find the time to do 6 raids a week. All I want from the raid at this point is just the vex now.

Manp

i'm on my third found verdict... how in the fuck am i supposed to reach lvl 30 if the game simply doesn't want to give me the fucking gear needed?!

k1t4j

i'm on my third found verdict... how in the fuck am i supposed to reach lvl 30 if the game simply doesn't want to give me the fucking gear needed?!

got that weapon twice this week on the same raid, after oracles and after templar.

What are the odds of that shit happening?

E92 M3

From now on I'm just gonna be doing the HM raid personally. Theres no need to do normal once you hit 29 imho.

Yeah, I just do hard anyway because it's more efficient. If the weight of the drops was actually figured out, I might consider doing normal first. I don't think it works like that though unfortunately.

I've noticed, guys, that I can kill A-dog on normal get some stuff and kill him on hard and still get three things. Normally when I just do hard first, he drops only three things.

I've noticed, guys, that I can kill A-dog on normal get some stuff and kill him on hard and still get three things. Normally when I just do hard first, he drops only three things.

I just got a Timebreaker and some shards the other day. -_-

Might start doing that.

With 3 characters I just can't find the time to do 6 raids a week. All I want from the raid at this point is just the vex now.

If your shooting for a Hard drop anyway, then absolutely. I don't have a ton of time, but running through normal early in the week, and then jumping in on some strategic hard mode checkpoint alt boosting raids a little later isn't too bad. The crew I played with last week all had alts, so we took a few minutes to have alts drop in and out from the Oracles to the gorgon maze, and then again at the gatekeepers. It went pretty fast actually.

My Hunter has a full raid set, so he'll be on the back burner, I'll prioritize my Warlock that needs everything, then my Titan that can be 30 with an exotic, but could still use a chest as a backup.

Timepiece only drops from gatekeepers.

It's the only raid weapon which I think shouldn't be one. That is mostly because pulse rifles suck dick and have no place in this game but also because the weapon itself is so bad. It's the equivalent of an assault rifle with high rate of fire and super low impact. Except that because it's not an AR the rate of fire is lower. It's just bad.

Praetorian foil on the other hand drops from Templar and is one of the best fusion rifles in the game. High impact and good perks on it.

I definitely got my first Timepiece before gatekeepers. Could have been oracles either, I can't remember.

Praetorian Foil can also drop at gatekeepers. They probably have a different drop rate for each section.

Manp

got that weapon twice this week on the same raid, after oracles and after templar.

What are the odds of that shit happening?

it seems like this game only wants to give me either shotguns or automatic rifles...

i got the comedian twice (luckily one is arcand one void) and all the shitty legendary assault rifles with low impact from care packages, i have like 6 ass rifles... i got shadow price twice! ar least this one is actually good.

and now my third foun verdict...

Hmmmm Interdasting.

On an other note, guys, where the hell do i get a rare sparrow? Obviously i'm not gonna get timebreaker because i want it and RNG hates me so where else?

I'm still rocking the green one from questing and it's slow as shit.

All these TLW users getting acquainted with my thorn...YALL GON LEARN TODAY!

Honestly this.

TLW has nothing on Thorn when it comes to PvP. Earn you get comfortable with Thorn and use it the way it wants you to it's a total walkover.

Warlock is finally 30! :D

Now just need raid gear for my Titan.
Hmmmm Interdasting.

On an other note, guys, where the hell do i get a rare sparrow? Obviously i'm not gonna get timebreaker because i want it and RNG hates me so where else?

I'm still rocking the green one from questing and it's slow as shit.

It'll cost you 175 marks from the crucible or vanguard vendors.

Dave_6

I've got to bite the bullet and get the Thorn bounty done. I'm still on the crucible part of it but it frustrated me so bad that I stopped a couple weeks ago.

spyder_ur

Awesome raid team last night.

1. bobinko66 (me lvl 28 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl29 gunslinger)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl28 striker)
4. spyder_ur (lvl 28 titan)
5. Berried_treasurE (lvl 28 titan)
6. Robdraggoo

Definitely made that the best time I've had in destiny yet. Anytime you guys want to do another I'm in.

Yup - that was a real good time (I'm Spyder). Easily my most productive in terms of gear, too. Raid boots, Found Verdict, and at the end, the Horn! Finally.

chippy13

Yup - that was a real good time (I'm Spyder). Easily my most productive in terms of gear, too. Raid boots, Found Verdict, and at the end, the Horn! Finally.

Saw that, gotta say, kinda jelly. Still makes me laugh that bobinko only got shards. Definitely going to rub that in. ;-)

Fitts

TLW has nothing on Thorn when it comes to PvP. Earn you get comfortable with Thorn and use it the way it wants you to it's a total walkover.

From what I've observed, all three exotic hand cannons can be excellent in crucible. I have yet to take TLW for a test drive, but have encountered several very strong players that were rocking it. I've been using Thorn for a while now and it is indeed a strong PvP weapon and, while I'm a fairly new Hawkmoon user, it's amazing in crucible. I've gotten several triple downs with it now (something that Thorn just can't accomplish without a ton of luck and support from teammates) thanks in no small part to its amazing perks. Base damage makes it a three shot kill, but having a randomly buffed bullet brings that down to two headshots.

I'm looking forward to leveling TLW and give g it a go. It seems very different from other hand cannons and the fact that I rock shotgun as my crucible secondary means that its lack of range could be prohibitive for me personally, but it could be a fun and highly effective rushdown weapon.

Awesome, let's see if we can get two more. Maxed GH+30+PS4.

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.)
6.)

Obviously people who replied earlier should have first dibs but let's see if we can even get enough people.

Ahh stuck at work today. If by chance it doesn't happen today I'll be free tomorrow and Monday.

Grats! Warlocks are better than Hunters, Welcome to the Warlock Master Race :p

Thank you, I'll Check em out!

anigif_enhanced-9775-1391405172-1.gif

PS4 Hard Atheon Kill: record attempt as soon as we get 1 more

6 Lv30s + 6 maxed GHs + 6 Illuminated WoL + Time's Vengeance

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.) Greenymac
6.)

Obviously people who replied earlier should have first dibs but let's see if we can even get enough people.

gdt

There should be full voice chat (that you can opt out of of course) at the tower for every one. You should be able to ask around see if anyone is looking to raid or do Nightfalls etc.

Or maybe a designated zone for people looking for that.

Or matchmaking for people like Ghaleon who play a little more at ease and aren't hooked into online communities.

No matchmaking is fine but give people ways to find groups.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Anyone doing raid from the beginning? Normal or hard. I'm a 29 sunbro on ps4

Any fresh hard raids starting soon on PS4? Anyone interestd in joining one?

I have two right now ready to do it. Myself (level 30 hunter) and a friend (level 29 hunter, only needing shards to hit 30).

My psn name is the same as here.

List so far:
1.WHOAguitarninja
2.Danno333

Any fresh hard raids starting soon on PS4? Anyone interestd in joining one?

I have two right now ready to do it. Myself (level 30 hunter) and a friend (level 29 hunter, only needing shards to hit 30).

My psn name is the same as here.

List so far:
1.WHOAguitarninja
2.Danno333

Ill join psn pansargryning 29 sunbro

Too bad on the flawless run, on such a stupid part twice as well. Thanks for joining anyway!

If anyone else is looking to do a flawless run, I'd be happy to join up.

What caused the wipes? Always curious about flawless runs, haha. Depending on whether or not we get this atheon speed kill team going, I can help on a flawless team if you need people.

jett

D-Member
Fucking hell I need 3 strange coins to get the Last Word, the absolute last Destiny trinket I'm interested about. Even solo'd the weekly for this, after over a week of not playing the game. This is the endgame for me. :p

Do blue engrams still have a chance of dropping strange coins? And of course it's just my luck that the stupid ass Cryptarch is not selling any blue engrams right now. I guess I'll do some public events or some shit.

matmanx1

I'm really liking the sound of the Iron Banner changes but I absolutely MUST finish my Thorn bounty before then. I didn't do any PVP this week so I am still sitting at something like 280/500 on that portion.

It helps that one of the guys in my regular fireteam picked up the Thorn bounty yesterday and will be on the PVP step by tonight or tomorrow. We will both be motivated to get the bounty done together.

So if you see a couple of poor saps running through Control or Clash maps using nothing but shotguns and fusion rifles from "Poets of War" (our clan) please take pity on us. =)

Fucking hell I need 3 strange coins to get the Last Word, the absolute last Destiny trinket I'm interested about. Even solo'd the weekly for this, after over a week of not playing the game. This is the endgame for me. :p

Do blue engrams still have a chance of dropping strange coins? And of course it's just my luck that the stupid ass Cryptarch is not selling any blue engrams right now. I guess I'll do some public events or some shit.

Run tiger strikes for as long as you can tolerate. Then pray to Master Rahool as he decrypts your blue engram's.

Mazre

Starting to level the Fatebringer I got last night. I was a little concerned about a lack of a range upgrade on it but I just unlocked Firefly. Headshotting a Vandal and watching the two dregs beside it disintegrate into lightning literally brought a tear to my eye.

Greenymac

PS4 Hard Atheon Kill: record attempt as soon as we get 1 more

6 Lv30s + 6 maxed GHs + 6 Illuminated WoL + Time's Vengeance

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.) Greenymac
6.)

Im obviously not checking the thread fast enough...invite me on psn if you need me. Better yet invite me to the chat party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom