• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
What caused the wipes? Always curious about flawless runs, haha. Depending on whether or not we get this atheon speed kill team going, I can help on a flawless team if you need people.

A Warlock couldn't get past the ledge at the jumping puzzle. It was weird, because in normal runs he hardly ever dies there, must've been the pressure haha.

But yeah, any help would be welcome man. My team went mostly offline, but I'll pass you a friend request and let's just see when we can make things happen.

Edit:
What's your PSN btw? Mine's TearsOfBlood.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Too bad on the flawless run, on such a stupid part twice as well. Thanks for joining anyway!

If anyone else is looking to do a flawless run, I'd be happy to join up.
It's okay. I think the pressure got to him lol. It's like impossible to die there otherwise.

gatti-man

Since iron banner is dropping lvl 30 boots im all in for IB. Got to get all 5 levels done since my alt never played IB. Hopefully this doesnt take forever.

patchday

Does daily mission xp & or mission xp apply to weapon xp? I am trying to level up Ballerhorn but its a stubborn thing. Got 3 pips left to max it out

I'm really liking the sound of the Iron Banner changes but I absolutely MUST finish my Thorn bounty before then. I didn't do any PVP this week so I am still sitting at something like 280/500 on that portion.

It helps that one of the guys in my regular fireteam picked up the Thorn bounty yesterday and will be on the PVP step by tonight or tomorrow. We will both be motivated to get the bounty done together.

So if you see a couple of poor saps running through Control or Clash maps using nothing but shotguns and fusion rifles from "Poets of War" (our clan) please take pity on us. =)

When are you doing it? I wouldn't mind joining as I have to do the void crucible part too. We could all take turns killing each other.

Gordon

Has anyone tried boosting the Thorn bounty in Rumble or something like that? My void weapons are my least effective in PvP and it's getting pretty frustrating. It's taken me forever to get it to 323/500 :/

Im obviously not checking the thread fast enough...invite me on psn if you need me. Better yet invite me to the chat party.

Yeah, it's cool man. We are still waiting to find a 6th anyway so who knows what time it might happen. You'll definitely get the invite though if it goes down.

A Warlock couldn't get past the ledge at the jumping puzzle. It was weird, because in normal runs he hardly ever dies there, must've been the pressure haha.

But yeah, any help would be welcome man. My team went mostly offline, but I'll pass you a friend request and let's just see when we can make things happen.

Edit:
What's your PSN btw? Mine's TearsOfBlood.

Yeah Warlocks have it tough there imo. As I always say, the stress kills people, not the jumps. It's tough. PSN is DrDrizzay101, I've done it a few times now so anybody that needs the trophy should take priority but I'm happy to help if I'm around.

Edit: everyone laugh at my double post.

Edit2: fuck it, let's add some value to this public embarrassment.

PSA: you can and should drive your sparrow from the spawn point straight to the final boss fight on today's daily story mission.

Thanks again to Boguester and co. for the help on the raids last night!

Got the boots for my Titan to take him to level 30. Woo!

It was a lot of fun, glad people got some good drops! Lv 30 gear on every guardian and a maxed GH in every Tower Vault, that's what I want.

ocean

Banned
Which is better exotic armor for Warlocks? Voidfang Vestment or Heart of Praxic Fire?
I use Voidfang for Crucible since respawn with grenades is awesome. I prefer Praxic for PvE since I usually run as Sunsinger and it buffs Radiance pretty well.

Heel

Ridli

Has anyone tried boosting the Thorn bounty in Rumble or something like that? My void weapons are my least effective in PvP and it's getting pretty frustrating. It's taken me forever to get it to 323/500 :/

I tried getting a boost from a friend while I was on my bounty. It didn't work as well as I would have liked since it was hard to not get interrupted by others. I found myself better off doing clash and kill-securing with my fusion rifle.

EL CUCO

Congrats!
I wish I had boots :(

I still have an Orcale/Templar CP you hooked me up with on my alt...maybe today's the day.

Gordon

I tried getting a boost from a friend while I was on my bounty. It didn't work as well as I would have liked since it was hard to not get interrupted by others. I found myself better off doing clash and kill-securing with my fusion rifle.
I had a feeling that might be the case. I could use a decent void fusion rifle. I'm doing alright with a void Epitaph and the vendor Comedian, along with a void Zombie Apoc, but they're all so situational - long range, hug range, and having heavy ammo. What FR do you use? I need to find one with a peppy charge rate. My arc 77 Wizard is so awkward in pvp. Light/BEWARE is alright I suppose, although it's Solar.

PS4 Hard Atheon Kill: record attempt as soon as we get 1 more

6 Lv30s + 6 maxed GHs + 6 Illuminated WoL + Time's Vengeance

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.) Greenymac
6.)

Obviously people who replied earlier should have first dibs but let's see if we can even get enough people.

Have you guys done it? If you're streaming it post a link here so I can watch c:

Daemul

Never used the Foil, but I hear it's great. Absolutely destroys Oracles and Minotaurs. The Timepiece doesn't seem great. I've heard it's the second best pulse rifle after Red Death, but it's a pulse rifle so meh. Not my thing.

Whoever told you that it's the 2nd best Pulse rifle in the game is full of shit, it's by far one of the worst, not even it's arc damage saves it. The Timepiece is the perfect example of why giving Pulse rifles a higher rate of fire will never work, because you need to neuter there impact in order to balance them, and I sure as hell, do not want the impact of my Red Death, F&S and Super Pox getting neutered for some useless RoF increase, they don't need it.

That is mostly because pulse rifles suck dick and have no place in this game

uh_meme_by_gumwolf-d5jkke9.png

Fuck this, I don't have time to argue how wrong this shit is anymore.

Have you guys done it? If you're streaming it post a link here so I can watch c:

Sadly we are still waiting on a 6th to appear, assuming nobody has to drop out before then. We can definitely stream it though, don't know if someone already has that set up on their PS4 since I've never done it before.

I was forced to play pvp for the thorn and bad juju bounties and is it normal that the game lag a lot ? I like the pvp and I'm not completely sucking but the lag is ruining all my enjoyment. I played a lot oc CS 1.5 competitively back in the day and I never experienced so much lag. Everytime I kill someone there's like 500ms before the kill goes on screen. Modern console fps are so crap on this front. Why they do not show us how much lag there is (in ms, not crappy bars) and why can't we chose our games by this criteria ?

Ridli

I had a feeling that might be the case. I could use a decent void fusion rifle. I'm doing alright with a void Epitaph and the vendor Comedian, along with a void Zombie Apoc, but they're all so situational - long range, hug range, and having heavy ammo. What FR do you use? I need to find one with a peppy charge rate. My arc 77 Wizard is so awkward in pvp. Light/BEWARE is alright I suppose, although it's Solar.

I just used a random rare quality FR. Although save that void Epitath for first light. Im not good at sniping from anything less than looooong range, but I got decent progress on those vehicle maps using a void sniper. Anything smaller and I used a FR.

Edit: make sure to keep charging that FR as you round every corner. Judicious use of the radar and charging can make those FR kills a lot easier.

Dave_6

I'm really liking the sound of the Iron Banner changes but I absolutely MUST finish my Thorn bounty before then. I didn't do any PVP this week so I am still sitting at something like 280/500 on that portion.

It helps that one of the guys in my regular fireteam picked up the Thorn bounty yesterday and will be on the PVP step by tonight or tomorrow. We will both be motivated to get the bounty done together.

So if you see a couple of poor saps running through Control or Clash maps using nothing but shotguns and fusion rifles from "Poets of War" (our clan) please take pity on us. =)

When are you doing it? I wouldn't mind joining as I have to do the void crucible part too. We could all take turns killing each other.

Lol, sounds like we're all in the same boat. I've been at 416/500 for 3 weeks or so cause I gave up for a while. I'm going to try my best to get it done today somehow though. I'm oh so close yet so far away still.

jett

D-Member
Run tiger strikes for as long as you can tolerate. Then pray to Master Rahool as he decrypts your blue engram's.

I guess I'm not getting The Last Word. :|

Rahool refreshed his wares and still no blue engram. Wut? Does he not sell blue engrams anymore?

k1t4j

Lol, sounds like we're all in the same boat. I've been at 416/500 for 3 weeks or so cause I gave up for a while. I'm going to try my best to get it done today somehow though. I'm oh so close yet so far away still.

I started it today and currently also at 416, been doing control, atheon's, praedyths and swarm are doing all the work. :)

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Anyone looking to raid? Level 30 Titan. Normal or willing to try hard (cleared normal several times, never actually tried hard)

Psn Bicep_Curls

no angel

I just got that too. What makes it good enough for an exotic slot?
Lol im probably not the person to ask, It was my first exotic and I don't get to play Destiny too much so I'm not an expert! I just seem to play better with it, the ADS radar is handy and like I said, I really want to see what hair trigger adds to the mix. It's probably shit for PvP though.

I started it today and currently also at 416, been doing control, atheon's, praedyths and swarm are doing all the work. :)

I started Thursday and finished today. I was about to do the next step and I had gotten to just before the boss, but a baboon came out of nowhere and ambushed me :(

Gambled on an exotic engram again. Got Insurmountable Skullfort, not the helmet I wanted but I needed any Titan helmet. Now my soon to be made Titan will have three pieces of armor waiting.

k1t4j

Ugh, if only I had that void primary :(

It's my life saver for this bounty, I suck so hard with snipers that If I didn't have that I don't think I would pick up this bounty.

I don't like to use shotguns or fusion rifles and waiting for me to get kills with heavys would have taken forever

k1t4j

I started Thursday and finished today. I was about to do the next step and I had gotten to just before the boss, but a baboon came out of nowhere and ambushed me :(

If I manage to finish this pop part today and you want to have a go at the next step would be cool :)

nowai

Fuck this, I don't have time to argue how wrong this shit is anymore.

Amen brother. I just keep dominating with Red Death and let people think it sucks. I'm actually glad it's under rated, so I don't feel like I'm on the fotm train.

I don't mind when Xur sells a weapon, because I'm glad more people get access to great loot. It does however kill my enjoyment of using said weapon in PvP.

I loot a SUROS, Xur sells it. I loot TLW, Xur sells it. I loot Red Death, Xur sells it, but no one uses it and I'm totally cool with that. :)

Lima

Thorn talk. Send it or perfect balance? I feel like the stability is good even without perfect balance which is surprising considering how low the stability stat on it is.

Anyone want to do a normal raid on ps4? Starting as soon as we get 3 more.
1) iRAWRasaurus
2) friend
3) friend
4)warwolf
5)drbadgraffin
6)Thesoremaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom