• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm not getting The Last Word. :|

Rahool refreshed his wares and still no blue engram. Wut? Does he not sell blue engrams anymore?

Run the Tiger Strikes. I was doing them last night and turned in about 10-11 blue engrams and got 3 Strange Coins out of them. It's rare but it happens and seems to be happening a lot to me lately. Also got a Universal Remote as a reward for one strike (already had it though...). They also pop up in chests occasionally but that's extremely rare.

k1t4j

OK, finished the Thorn PvP part.

So does Xyor the Unwed spawn at any level of the Summoning Pits? Can I just try to do the lowest level?

Is is soloable? or do I need friends?

jett

D-Member
How many do you need?

Three for 23.

Run the Tiger Strikes. I was doing them last night and turned in about 10-11 blue engrams and got 3 Strange Coins out of them. It's rare but it happens and seems to be happening a lot to me lately. Also got a Universal Remote as a reward for one strike (already had it though...). They also pop up in chests occasionally but that's extremely rare.

I'll give that a shot.

He has never sold blue engrams.

lol I guess I haven't played this game in a long time.

OK, finished the Thorn PvP part.

So does Xyor the Unwed spawn at any level of the Summoning Pits? Can I just try to do the lowest level?

Is is soloable? or do I need friends?

It's a special separate 26 strike which will unlock when you reach the last phase of the bounty. It also has the epic modifier so you'll need Arc and Solar weapons for the Knights and Wizards. It is soloable but only if you are a high level like 29-30 with decent elemental weapons. I'd recommend doing it with friends though.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Anyone starting the raid shoot me an invite. Psn YKERR, level 29 sunbri

RSP

Stuck at 29 for what seems like ages. Any good reason why Bungie doesnt auto-complete a fireteam for the raid like for the regular strikes?

k1t4j

It's a special separate 26 strike which will unlock when you reach the last phase of the bounty. It also has the epic modifier so you'll need Arc and Solar weapons for the Knights and Wizards. It is soloable but only if you are a high level like 29-30 with decent elemental weapons. I'd recommend doing it with friends though.

Yes I see it now, seems I was a bit rash posting that, well I will read about it to see what must be done and try it solo see how it goes.

If not I will call upon you, fellow gaffers, and see if anyone needs to do it as well :)

Thanks mate!

ocean

Banned
Yes I see it now, seems I was a bit rash posting that, well I will read about it to see what must be done and try it solo see how it goes.

If not I will call upon you, fellow gaffers, and see if anyone needs to do it as well :)

Thanks mate!
As a level 26 it's nigh impossible. At a higher level with good weapons you can solo it but it's tedious. If you take a good mate or two it isn't too bad though.

Heel

Another example of Working as Intended: The other night I respawned just as Valus died and did not get the bounty credit. Had I known this was a thing I would've just sat there and waited.

X-Frame

How is Gjallarhorn in PvP?

After the initial blast that likely kills anyone instantly, do the wolfpack rounds branch off and attack surrounding enemies for more kills?

How is Gjallarhorn in PvP?

After the initial blast that likely kills anyone instantly, do the wolfpack rounds branch off and attack surrounding enemies for more kills?

It's very good, and yes they do. Multi-kills all around. (Edit: general consensus is that TLord is probably a better PvP heavy exotic)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's very good, and yes they do. Multi-kills all around. (Edit: general consensus is that TLord is probably a better PvP heavy exotic)
Machine guns in general are kind of the better all around choice IMO. Though there is no denying the fun factor.

ocean

Banned
Machine guns in general are kind of the better all around choice IMO. Though there is no denying the fun factor.
I agree. Machine guns are very versatile and almost guarantee kill streaks. Though I had Truth follow a guy once into a control point where 2 more guys were hiding. It was a surprise triple down, felt so good.

hydruxo

You'll get more kills per mag with a machine gun compared to a rocket launcher, but I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy using a rocket launcher with homing just for the morbid satisfaction I get out of seeing a rocket blow up someone who tries to run away :)

PS4 Hard Atheon Kill: record attempt as soon as we get 1 more

6 Lv30s + 6 maxed GHs + 6 Illuminated WoL + Time's Vengeance

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.) Greenymac
6.)

Obviously people who replied earlier should have first dibs but let's see if we can even get enough people.

Probably already filled up, but I'm down to give it a go. 30 Titan, Maxed Ghorn. PSN The_Reckoning

The instant kills can be a massive boom though. Especially if you're up against another machine gun. I can see them being essential in small team games when a rocket could take out the opposite teams members who are carrying heavy weapons quickly.

Cømet

Banned
Maaaan PSN's all fucky again. Messages refuse to send most times and arrive ridiculously late when they do.

Astro- we're ready to go as soon as the fireteam's full, you still up for it?

On a similar note- Doing a fresh Normal raid run soon as the team's full. Some experience preferred, if we get vets would like to try for a flawless (why not right?)

Add your names here!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. Johnson646
3. Astro (?)

Also, small service announcement- sorry to Redman_DK (if they're on here) for booting you earlier. Was a bit irritable already and, whilst I was happy to have you on the fireteam, you were really slowing my progress on my fusion bounty and I just wanted it done. I hate doing bounties as it is, much rather burn through them and then do fun stuff with other folks.

PS4 Hard Atheon Kill: record attempt as soon as we get 1 more

6 Lv30s + 6 maxed GHs + 6 Illuminated WoL + Time's Vengeance

1.) Boguester
2.) Astro
3.) Steroyd
4.) Lollipop
5.) Greenymac
6.) The Reckoning

So do we still have the people around for this? I will try to send out some party chat invites if I see people online.

Probably already filled up, but I'm down to give it a go. 30 Titan, Maxed Ghorn. PSN The_Reckoning

Haha sadly we never found a 6th, so I'm not sure if all the other people are still around for it. I can sign back in and snoop around to see who might still be available.

Edit: Party chat invites have been sent to everyone. At least according to psn, everyone is still online... ?

Yurikerr

Cømet;138987499 said:
Maaaan PSN's all fucky again. Messages refuse to send most times and arrive ridiculously late when they do.

On a similar note- Doing a fresh Normal raid run soon as the team's full. Some experience preferred, if we get vets would like to try for a flawless (why not right?)

Add your names here!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. Johnson646
3. Astro (?)

Have spot for one 29?

Cømet;138987499 said:

Add your names here!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. Johnson646
3. Astro (?)

I'm down. Level 29 Titan. Just need a sec to move my weapons around. PS4: MrChowderClam

someday

Banned
Another example of Working as Intended: The other night I respawned just as Valus died and did not get the bounty credit. Had I known this was a thing I would've just sat there and waited.

I read somewhere that you have to do the final shot in order to get the bounty. I've had them not work when I play with a group so now I just avoid all those bounties.

rNilla

Cømet;138987499 said:

Add your names here!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. Johnson646
3. Astro (?)
4. Yuriker
5. MrChowderClam
6. rodiard (rNilla)

Also, small service announcement- sorry to Redman_DK (if they're on here) for booting you earlier. Was a bit irritable already and, whilst I was happy to have you on the fireteam, you were really slowing my progress on my fusion bounty and I just wanted it done. I hate doing bounties as it is, much rather burn through them and then do fun stuff with other folks.

Oh, can I be #6? PSN rNilla, will bring my 29 Titan

Zephyl

Cømet;138987499 said:

Add your names here!

1. ScrewAttack_
2. Johnson646
3. Astro (?)
4.Zephyl

I have plenty of experience, my alt is a 27 titan.

Yurikerr

Cømet;138988024 said:
Cool guys, drop me an add @ ScrewAttack_ and just mention you're from gaf so I know you're not just an adoring fan :p

Sent!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The effective range on shotguns is still too Damn good. You can't be like 10 feet away and still getting one hit kills. Shit is Straight garbage.

Disclaimer: just lost a match by 50 points because of a shotgunner, so I'm salty as fuck right now.

Cømet

Banned
All full guys, thanks! Sorry for how shitty I am sorting this out. Shouldn't be put in charge of organising :p Sorry astro haven't heard from you so marching on, but if you still want to do it I'm happy to run it again after this one.

EDIT: All the other folks looking to join that I can't bring too, can you folks start a list here and I'll do another after this one? Problem is some folks messaged me direct so I've added the people who messaged first. Bit messy. Happy to run it twice though.

Cømet;138988543 said:
All full guys, thanks! Sorry for how shitty I am sorting this out. Shouldn't be put in charge of organising :p Sorry astro haven't heard from you so marching on, but if you still want to do it I'm happy to run it again after this one.

I'm coming!! Just need to move my VoC and gjallerhorn to the right character

Anyone doing a Hard Raid sometime today?
I finally got my main Hunter to 29. I've done normal a bunch of times but have yet to run hard so I've no idea as to what expect.

Have a maxed VoC, Icebreaker and Gjallahorn.

Cømet

Banned
Sorry diesel, didn't mean to boot you! I'm bad at this.

EDIT: Ah sorry I see, you were Skeero(sp)'s mate. Sorry I didn't recognise the username and thought someone had jumped in!

Lima

Me and my raid group are a little bored so we thought we try something new tonight.

Why not do a shotgun only raid?

Everyone's primary will be the Universal Remote. Secondary will be Found Verdict.

Just to make sure no one is cheating everyone will equip the white starter rocket launcher.

Hopefully it's gonna be as fun and hilarious as I pictured it in my mind.

rNilla

Some day I want to see a group try to raid with only the starting weapon. That might be impossible with oracles so maybe take down Atheon with only the starting weapon.

Just waiting on Astro and Reckoning, if you guys are still around we can get it going. We've got 4 in the party chat now, and I'm trying to make a Twitch account now.

k1t4j

As a level 26 it's nigh impossible. At a higher level with good weapons you can solo it but it's tedious. If you take a good mate or two it isn't too bad though.

I ended up soloing it, i went with VoC, 77 wizard (arc) and thunderlord.

I had the nightfall mentality and ended up killing Xyor then Phogoth, because I had the complete a strike without dying bounty.

Also i learned that after you kill Xyor no more adds spawn, so made it much easier ;)

ocean

Banned
hard raid feels different with all 29 xD
It's extremely challenging. It's still doable but just barely. Every little mistake by any of the 6 players is a potential wipe. Hard Raid on my experience is more enjoyable when a party had at least 3 30's. Not a cakewalk but the margin for imperfect play is a lot wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom